All about the Retail (Special) Editions

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions All about the Retail (Special) Editions

This topic contains 62 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  DadouXIII 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Erwin

You can always install and start the game in English/German/French/Polish/Russian no matter which version you have bought.

Zodd

As far as i know the retail edition contains multilanguage, included english is it right?, what I want to know is that considering that I’m from Spain which is the best place i should purchase the game, both regular o deluxe edition if is possible.

Matroskin

Hello!
    Do you plan to produce mac-version of the game, ant if yes – when will it be available?

Matroskin

Hello!
    Do you plan to produce mac-version of the game, and if yes – when will it be available?

Hello sorry if you distrubo, but do you know if there is an italian community of this game?

Damn, so no boxes in N. America?

Oh well. Already pre-ordered the Steam version. All I really want out of a deluxe edition of a game usually is the soundtrack anyway. And boy, is it looking like an awesome soundtrack.

Zodd

Well, I couldn’t wait anymore and decided to pre-order the retail deluxe edition from amazon.de, with english language and steam it’s enought, thank you =D

Angelicus

Thanks for letting us know about the Retail versions.
    It’s a bummer to know there is no special edition or limited edition in english version for us in Belgium or the Netherlands. My german is a little rusty…

Xerox

@arnout Ok thanks, then i take the collector 🙂 and just to be sure, with the collector there is those 2 scenario right ?

it says : 2 Codes für digitale Zusatzinhalte o Das Szenario „Der Aufstieg der Elfen“, welches den Spieler zurück in den Herzholzwald schickt, den man dereinst in Age of Wonders bereisen konnte. Bis zu 6 Spieler messen sich auf dieser Karte o Das Szenario „Drachenthron“ führt den Spieler an die Küste des Meeres der Flammen, wo ein mörderischer Krieg um ein Drachen-Ei entbrannt ist.

I think it says there is elven resurgence and dragon’s throne but i don’t understand german ^^’

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

@angelicus all editions contain English text and voice for the game itself

Rhaeg

I think it says there is elven resurgence and dragon’s throne but i don’t understand german ^^’

It does.

Xerox

Ah nice 🙂 thanks guys, can’t wait to receive the collector, now i just wait for it !

Angelicus

@lennart
    Still the booklet and the covertext is in German.
    In the boxes of AoWII and AoWIISM the text are in English. Althou I don’t have the limited edition or special edition.
    I’m still thinking which one I will order…

Gabbek
    Blocked

Hello everyone 🙂 I would like to ask one question about polish special edition. Number 3 – Great Book of Armies. What does it contain? I’m really curious! I would greatly appreciate the answer, thanks in advance!

AmonAmar

I also can’t find information about that, i guess it contain all information about hero class and special magic for them etc. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Elathan

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Elathan wrote:</div>
    Boxed version in Hungary?<br>
    Nice! However, I didn’t expect it, so I already pre-orderd the game on steam ;(

You can probably cancel it, no?

No. I already bought the game on steam. There is no way to cancel ; (
    It’s how steam works.

Low_K

Okay I caved in and finally ordered the physical German Collector’s Edition, after already pre-ordered the Steam version. The Steam key will go to my brother, so I am afraid I won’t be offering it in a raffle 🙂

Kind regards,

Low

Happy

So I have to order it from a website in a language I don’t understand at all? That’s just great.
    Guess I won’t be buying the game then.

Fizzbitch

Very excited for the game! Shame the LE is not in English, this prevents me from buying that version, but I’ll still get it on Steam regardless.

Although at first glance it seemed to me you would lose a large market by not bringing out AoW in English, but since it’s on Steam I doubt this hardly matters. Maybe it can be added later, if the game turns out to be a success (with help from Mojang???)
    There is one thing I find a shame, the lack of attention in the Netherlands itself for a beautiful game like this which may very well be the best created by ‘us’ (And yes, with all due respect, even better then Killzone).

I also want to play the game with my brother on 1 PC, so I’m hoping for scenerio option of multiple human wizards on 1 PC is still available?

Can’t wait for the game to arrive!

Rhaeg

I also want to play the game with my brother on 1 PC, so I’m hoping for scenerio option of multiple human wizards on 1 PC is still available?

Yup, that’s still a possibility, you can have multiple human and AI players in a scenario 🙂

Fizzbitch

Still somewhat dissapointed by the lack of english booklet&special edition though, as most here. Because I’ve been thinking, and while I understand the decision not to partner with anyone to ship the game to the UK or the US, US and UK buyers would have no problem ordering an english edition from the game from Amazon.de (I’ve had experience ordering from the US and UK amazon). so really there is rather significant market to be lost there, judged by these posts alone.

Did notice the game on the Dutch website bol.com (not the LE):
    http://www.bol.com/nl/p/age-of-wonders-3/9200000025955766/

ffbj

Earlier in this thread Lennart Sas said that they would have to self publish to make an english edition. They did not want to, or could not afford to, do that so therefore no boxed english edition.

Martok

Argh! Stupid living in the USA where physical copies of PC games don’t sell anymore…

Andysaurus

Me comprende only English, but froggie is at least slightly understandable due to de William de Bastardo and de Norman robber barons.

So, is there any reason why I should not order the French retail edition rather than the German one – I would prefer to get both bonus senarios.

Blackmane

I wouldn’t mind buying the German version for the LE, but I really do want an English guide book to put in pride of place next to my AOW1 guide book… In English >_<

Low_K

Steam will be fine for me although I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on some of those goodies anyway.

Tomuald

Just wondering. When will we be able to download the game from Steam? Some games let you download it the day before (or thereabouts). Just wondering if this was the case for AoW3.

Can’t wait. You guys are amazing

MTCason

I won’t pretend I’m not EXTREMELY disappointed that these physical editions are not being offered in the USA. Sorry, I’m not passing judgment, but it seems like a cop-out when even if, I concede, there are percentage-wise more European PC gamers than American, at a little over 60% for Germany and 50% for the UK vs 40% for the US, the fact that we have over 150 million gamers in total compared to the UK and Germany’s combined less than 100 million suggests that a game like this would sell FAR better over here. The big chains like Gamestop and Best Buy would likely have put at least a few copies on the shelves, and spread out over their tens of thousands of stores that adds up to quite a few. As a fan of the franchise from the first game onward, this is a bitter blow. Just expressing my opinion and voicing the disappointment of one gamer. One of a great many over here in the States.

Smash

Information about Polish edition is wrong, please fix. You guys missed point 3.

1. Game
    2. Guide
    3. Great Book of Army <- i do not know what this is exactly, probably bestiary.
    4. Poster
    5. DLC: Dragon Throne
    6. Sountrack <- only one CD not two
    7. Stickers

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.