Allow us to choose diffirent kinds of tribute from Vassals

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Balance Allow us to choose diffirent kinds of tribute from Vassals

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Enforcer 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Enforcer

Currently, they only give units, and with 3 vassals I already have 5 full armies at turn 40 for free. I saw they are going to nerf it, I am kinda fine with that, but do it just a bit 🙂

However, sometimes I don’t need any new units at all, so I think it would be nice to give us an option to ask for diffirent tributes from vassals, which could be chosen any time:
    1) units
    2) gold
    3) mana

Mythabril

Or make it random? Also add a chance for a magic item in there. All dependent on the vassal city size.

So:
    1) Units
    2) Resources (gold/mana/research or combination thereof)
    3) Magic item (excluding mythical quality)

Tombles
    Keymaster

However, sometimes I don’t need any new units at all, so I think it would be nice to give us an option to ask for diffirent tributes from vassals, which could be chosen any time:
    1) units
    2) gold
    3) mana

This is literally already in the game, select a vassal and click the button to demand a tribute.

Sunicle

And by default a vassal of course already gives 75% of its gold, mana and research, so I think that’s why the decision was made to not give it as well as tribute.

Enforcer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Enforcer wrote:</div>
    However, sometimes I don’t need any new units at all, so I think it would be nice to give us an option to ask for diffirent tributes from vassals, which could be chosen any time:<br>
    1) units<br>
    2) gold<br>
    3) mana

This is literally already in the game, select a vassal and click the button to demand a tribute.

Well, I meant to order them to give gold or mana automatically, for example, instead of a free unit, vassal would give you a chunk of gold or mana.

Gloweye

However, sometimes I don’t need any new units at all, so I think it would be nice to give us an option to ask for diffirent tributes from vassals, which could be chosen any time:<br>
    1) units<br>
    2) gold<br>
    3) mana

But that’s damaging your relation. I must say I understand the want for the ability to replace the units tribute with maybe an item, the quality of which could be dependent on game time and city size.

Thariorn

Well, I meant to order them to give gold or mana automatically, for example, instead of a free unit, vassal would give you a chunk of gold or mana.

The thing is, a Vassal-city grants you 75% of all it’s income already.

Maybe this needs to be communicated better?

Enforcer

But the unit comes out for free! The gold or mana tribute could be close to that free unit price.

GreyMonkey

Or make it random? Also add a chance for a magic item in there. All dependent on the vassal city size.

3) Magic item (excluding mythical quality)

This!

Epaminondas

Yes, and I didn’t realize this until I actually released a city as a vassal to test.

Tombles
    Keymaster

OK, going to look into changing this so you get a bit more choice about the tribute, instead of only units!

Enforcer

OK, going to look into changing this so you get a bit more choice about the tribute, instead of only units!

Thank You very much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.