An Inconsistency

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions An Inconsistency

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Jaduggar 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jaduggar

Undead cities do not suffer from happiness penalties (or benefit from boons) but Archon Revenants do… is this intentional or an oversight?

Ericridge

That’s pretty good question.

GeorgiSR

Undead cities do not suffer from happiness penalties (or benefit from boons) but Archon Revenants do… is this intentional or an oversight?

Is that a problem or it is something like “All undead must be the same stuff?” From lore perspective not really sure – for diversity – find it a good flavor. Revenants can’t be mass produced like necromancer so it should be fine imho.

Garresh

That’s a pretty good question. XD

Meeky

Well, some undead are just born more tempermental than others I guess? I dunno. A wizard did it.

Gloweye

Well, some undead are just born more tempermental than others I guess? I dunno. A wizard did it.

Should that be “unborn”? Or maybe (re)”animated”?

Anyhow, good question. I think I’d like them to fall in line with other undead.

Meeky

Should that be “unborn”? Or maybe (re)”animated”?

Hey, I’m just speaking for the jerk wizard that did it. It was probably Merlin. Merlin’s a nerd.

That is an very good question, as far as my knowledge of dark magic and reanimation goes the difference is in the method of animation.

if an necromancer animate an corpse it is running on the necromancers dark magic (or mana) and is just an mindless doll.

the Archons are more the undying spirit whom animated by their own free will. or just their undying purpose to finish their task or defend their homes. those guys are not mindless dolls but more vengeful undead thus having some sort of emotions that the soul provides to the body.

Ravenholme

Yeah, basically what Overlord Darkslash said – Revenants are different to Ghouls, in that they are actually Evil Spirits animating the bodies of the Archons.

After all, they are Archon Revenants, not Ghouled Archons, so there is no inconsistency because they’re not the same thing.

(I think the lore description for the units even mentions one of them chuckling evilly as it kills members of the expedition that found them, and in the final mission of the Golden Realms you find some awaiting the return of Melenis of their own free will.)

Jaduggar

A wizard did it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.