Announcing Patch V1.4 (now in Public Beta on Steam)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Announcing Patch V1.4 (now in Public Beta on Steam)

This topic contains 233 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 234 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

ExNihil

Niceee….

Smaug3

Awesome. Today we discover that it’s twelve euros for update, and we get this sweet free stuff. Thanks to this, I’m playing goblin warlord from now on. That warbreed update sounds terrifying.

vota dc

Downloading right now

Buff: Musketeer Hit Points now 45 (was 48), Defense 10 (was 11)
    Buff: Blind now costs 15 mana (was 8)

Should be classified as a nerf.

Buff: Trained Killers now called Corrupted Killers, causes scoundrels to evolve into Lesser Shadow Stalkers on reaching gold.
    Buff: Corrupted Killers now gives the quick learner ability to Scoundrels so they level 50% faster.
    Draconian Hatchlings can now evolve into Draconian Elders and Flyers as well
    Human Archers now get Blessed Arrows at elite, giving +2 spirit damage to their attacks (was inflict crippling wounds)
    Buff: Human Cavalry now evolves into Knights at gol
    Orcs now have Victory Rush which heals 10hp after a battle, but reduces the units per turn health regeneration by 50%. So an orc heals 3hp per turn instead of 6hp, and 6hp instead of 12hp with field medic or a similar regen boosting ability.
    Buff: King Reed Serpent now has strength 16 poison spit (was 11)

That is awesome.

Node serpent now gets +8 Move Points on Veteran (was Inflict Shocking)

This is very interesting. Old games don’t allow to gain mp to regular units with medals.

Nerf: All Evangelists now have a base damage of 6 Physical, 8 Spirit (was 10 physical).

Isn’t exactly a nerf. Depends on target.

Orc Shock Trooper now has Killing Momentum on gold, instead of Martial Arts.

well done: an orc warlord had few benefits before (no T3 cavalry and the Shock Trooper that didn’t get any new skill with gold medal because there was the upgrade)

Buff: All Warbreed units now have Regrowth ability, which heals 20% of a units maximum hitpoints per round in combat.

Well both Captain American and Wolverine are Marvel lol

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks for the help VotaDC, I’m gonna go through the list now looking for Buff/Nerf mistakes! There’s at least one actual mistake too:

Steadfast Ward now costs 15 mana (was 20).

Should be:

Steadfast Ward now costs 20 mana (was 15)

Gilafron

Very cool. Thanks for the update.

One question on the cloud save via Steam. For those of us that bought on GOG, is there a way for us to take advantage of this feature? Can we add AoW3 to our steam games? Or can we buy the DLC on Steam? If not, are there plans to get this functionality to us?

Thanks again. Looks great.

Tombles
    Keymaster

“Orcs now have Victory Rush which heals 10hp after a battle, but reduces the units per turn health regeneration by 50%. So an orc heals 3hp per turn instead of 6hp, and 6hp instead of 12hp with field medic or a similar regen boosting ability.”

Oops, this is a mistake too! Should read:

“Orcs now have Victory Rush which heals 6hp after a battle.”

We dropped the regen reduction because all the beta testers felt that the overall effect hurt the orcs more than helped them in many cases.

Khelle

Wait… was there even patch 1.3? I dont recall.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Yes, we had a patch v1.3 in public beta.
    Those changes are also in patch v1.4.

Both will be officially released on September 18th, together with the Golden Realms Expansion.

Morty

Wetlands Foraging is nice, but extremely situational… I wonder how much of a buff it really is. Sounds like it’ll help goblins a lot with clearing, but only if they happen to have some wetlands handy.

Buff: Crusaders now have defender ability (Guard bonus doubled from 20% to 40%)

I hope everyone thought of the Orc Crusader, who has this, tireless, and “Victory Rush”.

madmac

Holy hell that changelist. I feel like I’ve already accomplished something today just by reading the whole thing. It’s looking good though, it’s looking very good.

SikBok
    Keymaster

I feel like I’ve already accomplished something today just by reading the whole thing.

You read the whole thing!
    Good job, here’s your cookie.

Motasa

What a wonderful list of changes. Really impressive.

Got one question: What does Killing Momentum do?

Thariorn

Killing Momentum means that if a unit kills a units, that unit is awarded another action point (1/3 of their max mp, as far as I’Ve understood it so far).
    Not sure if this is limited to once per tactical combat turn or not.

Motasa

Thanks thariorn. Looks very useful to me when in the dilemma to kill unit A or B; just kill both with one unit!

Sorax
    Keymaster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>madmac wrote:</div>
    I feel like I’ve already accomplished something today just by reading the whole thing.

You read the whole thing!<br>

Also, take this potato!!

GeorgiSR

@Tombless

•Nerf: Order Of Healing now tier 3, 200 research (was tier 2, 120 research)
    •Buff: Shadow Stalker now has resistance 11 (was 10).
    •Buff: Slayer’s doubt now has a strength 16 (was 9) and applies a -800 morale as well as the move point penalty.

This is in the Theocrat part. The addressed buff for “Shadow Stalker” either should be NERF and it is not supposed to be there or it was regarding other units.

madmac

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>SikBok wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>madmac wrote:</div><br>

You read the whole thing!<br><br>

Also, take this potato!!

Whoo, free snacks! These really are the best patch notes!

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks Georgi! It is in the wrong section, and it is a buff for the rogue 🙂

GeorgiSR

Thanks Georgi! It is in the wrong section, and it is a buff for the rogue :)

I’ve red the change log. You’ve done really lot of work on this patch… I can’t wait to see the improved AI behavior.

@ Georgi, I hope I’ll get to show it a bit in the let’s play.

GeorgiSR

@BBB

I like some of the changes. Other I will need to test before give an opinion. I saw changes in the evangelist and I hope they have resolved the current issue with that unit :). DO you have ETA when we can watch the “Lets play”?

arminius85

If we download the new beta patch (which I just did) will it be automaticly part of the game next week?

No idea. I started it today, and then Open Broadcast Software updated itself, and now cannot capture anything but my voice. As lovely as my voice is it isn’t enough for a LP!

I had hoped to upload it tonight…

LordTheRon

Oh boy, what a huge list this has become. I knew it was going to be long, but this…

Good luck seeing all the changes in action guys. I’m still seeing new things every game I play. 🙂

If we download the new beta patch (which I just did) will it be automaticly part of the game next week?

Yes. When the patch goes live it now becomes the base game.

Garresh

Mother of God.

I’ll just throw this out here right now. I don’t have to play test to know the new scoundrels are really good. Each race feels distinct now except Draconians, and they’re already the strongest rogue race prior to this patch. So yeah, I’m switching races and using scoundrels again!

Well done team. Why don’t you guys just take the day tomorrow. Go play golf or hang out with the kids. Lol

syntax_vi

Does that mean we can only try it for today? Or will the beta patch be up until its official release?

Lots of great changes but a few things are concerning:

Theocrat’s still cannot natively heal shrines, only with builders now?

Arcane binding is 100% success rate? That seems really powerful.

I’m very sad about elementals, at least on the surface. They seem much weaker. Frost / Water elemental with 40% physical weakness is going to hurt a lot. Also a lot of the other weaknesses seem overdone, ie earth with 60% shock and bight weakness. That makes them really hard to use. Wish resistances / weaknesses overall were not so dramatic.

Anyhow good work on the patch. Don’t want to seem like a downer, most of the changes I cannot wait to try out!

shifted

HOLY CRAP

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 234 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.