Announcing Patch V1.4 (now in Public Beta on Steam)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Announcing Patch V1.4 (now in Public Beta on Steam)

This topic contains 233 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 211 through 234 (of 234 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

I don’t play Orcs unfortunately. And again, I am generally not impressed by “it generally sucks but is okay if you can get your hands on x race” arguments.

well, If you really insist on playing only 2(becoming 3) races, and most likely you’ll never chase down guards, and you won’t be playing rogue/WL because these can be regarded as more evil choices, than are you no doubt indeed going to miss out on a lot of the game, including some of the things that are making a Theocrat strong. And if thats what you want, Im not stopping you. HOWEVER, I simply dont understand that you are demanding game balance around your self-imposed boundaries, as that’s just plain stupid.

(General question, I always understood multiple people regarding succubus as a strong T3. I have never played MP, so I cant really put them in direct comparison – I was merely copying down what I believed to be part of the general consensus here. Could some people generally regarded as knowing on this elaborate if i’m as right as I believe, or did I just hear wrong?)

Also, luckily, we don’t need game access to verify the stats – they’re right on the Wikia!
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Age_Of_Wonders_3_Wiki
    Succubus 11 def/ 11 res/ 60 HP
    Evangelist: 9 def/11 res/ 60 HP

So yes, evangelist is slightly weaker. Order of Sacred adds a bonus medal, so it will have an average medal level higher. Usually, the phase of the game you got these guys, order of the sacred support has been researched a while ago.

Gloweye wrote:
    Flying vs walking. OK, succubus wins here. but:
    This is absolutely huge and a disproportionate factor in making the Succubus superior. It is precisely the superior mobility that makes a relatively fragile unit viable as a melee: And the Succubus has it; the Evangelist emphatically does not.

Gloweye wrote:
    Convert vs Seduce: same success %, but the Evangelist can do it at range. So he doesn’t need to fly over the walls like the Succubus does. He can stay on the safe side of aforementioned walls.
    How you conveniently ignore that Convert is a one-use ability. Further, while it is technically true that Convert is a “ranged” ability, it’s a short-range ability. So in effect it is often a “melee” ability that renders a relatively-fragile unit in harm’s way to the degree that is frequently not sustainable – or at least in a way that requires a lot of finesse.

And it just so happens, that to have any use, a succubus has to get in melee distance, while there is no single reason why a Evangelist would. True, the Succubus has better strategic movement – but the Evangelist can stay safely behind your other units. The succubus cannot. And while you argue that the range is short, that range is enough to defend your evangelist with some protective units – hello buffed crusaders!

And regarding the Convert being a one-time ability, by the time the Seduce is of cooldown, you already won or lost the fight. Thats a 4-turn CD – 2 touches of faith and 1,5 Healings from the Evangelist. (If you have Order of Healing…which every Theocrat researches. asap.)

I guess survivability does not matter for melee units? Damage is all that counts? I don’t have the precise stats with me, but I believe Succubus is substantially hardier against both physical and non-physical damage – not to mention has the capacity to choose its fights more prudentially due to its mobility.

well, not if you can stay behind other units anyway. And the draconian got ranged attacks – even if you dont use it, you should count it in as fair game for Theocrats in general, because not everyone plays with you amount of self-imposed limits.

This is comical. So an advantage that accrues only when I choose or find ONE AMONG SEVEN races gets a mention? To begin with, I role-play, and I never play non-”Good” races. Next, even if I did not have such idiosyncratic limits, it’s very possible that I never even have a chance to recruit a Draconian unit at all – or at least until the game’s decided.

You are really reaching here.

Well, there is the starting race you can choose…

As stated above, the bolded part is completely irrelevant for the sake of balance.

Where does it say that Touch of Faith is re-usable? Is this an undocumented change? I have not played a game in two months until this week so I may have missed something.

But I’d concede that would change the unit a bit.

Some where in another thread – might not even be this one. is in 1.4 it appears.

As you so adequately stated, I rest my case if you fail to see why Theocrat is so weak.

Garresh

Everyone gets it. But if you don’t buy it, I will find you in MP and spam incite revolt on you. So basically my normal behavior this patch.

Xerberus86

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Xerberus86 wrote:</div>
    i asked this already in another thread but it might fit more in this one.

for clarification, the 1.4 patch as stated above will be released tomorrow (18th september) to all AoW3 vanilla owners or does it come only with the expansion pack?

sorry, this isn’t quite clear for me atm.

thx in advance!

The patch will be released to everyone. This is why they put a beta version of the patch out to Steam users, to try and iron out any last minute issues and bugs, so that GoG users will get it without said issues.

thank you for the quick answer, i appreciate it :).

Garresh

On Succubi, there are some well respected and skilled players who do not think they’re very good, due to them making for mediocre units in a “real” army. They’re not wrong, as for a “pure” support they don’t contribute heavily. However, this is part of their charm, and I happen to disagree strongly with that view. Succubi are not really support, but not really a line fighter either. They’re something in between, and they do support by organizing and coordinating raids, strike teams, and impromptu armies wherever they go. They do this while having excellent mobility, and can serve a more traditional role as well. When you get right down to it, the value of succubi depends heavily on playstyle, but I am of the opinion they are one of the best T3s in the game, and one of the rogues best units, even *with* the buffs all our other units have received. Any changes to Succubi would be bad, because they’re in such a good spot. They’re powerful, but tricky to use. Do not underestimate them.

I don’t play Orcs unfortunately. And again, I am generally not impressed by “it generally sucks but is okay if you can get your hands on x race” arguments.

well good, because that isn’t it: you said it lacks wow, so I supplied the ones for whom it is a wow ability.

Orc Theocrats are melee tanks, and Dwarf ones are practically invulnerable once you factor in shield and the innate dwarf bonus. Since you play Dwarf a lot, that is of benefit for you.

For the others, it is only a very good upgrade.

Garresh

On a related note, are there any race combinations that aren’t uniquely interesting now? Seems like the theocrat changes will allow different races to really shine with them. Truthfully, I even want to try the new theocrat now. It looks fun. But I feel like with some of the changes the class race variations are a lot stronger now. So can anyone think of any combos that aren’t distinct or cool in some way?

freese2112

On Succubi, there are some well respected and skilled players who do not think they’re very good, due to them making for mediocre units in a “real” army. They’re not wrong, as for a “pure” support they don’t contribute heavily. However, this is part of their charm, and I happen to disagree strongly with that view. Succubi are not really support, but not really a line fighter either. They’re something in between, and they do support by organizing and coordinating raids, strike teams, and impromptu armies wherever they go. They do this while having excellent mobility, and can serve a more traditional role as well. When you get right down to it, the value of succubi depends heavily on playstyle, but I am of the opinion they are one of the best T3s in the game, and one of the rogues best units, even *with* the buffs all our other units have received. Any changes to Succubi would be bad, because they’re in such a good spot. They’re powerful, but tricky to use. Do not underestimate them.

I am a fairly recent player, but am playing a Rogue and was going to avoid the Succubi. Having to get to melee range to use Seduce, and with the best way to “break” the mind control is to kill the controller make it a pretty big target IMO. Add in more classes adding the “Break Mind Control” ability, it seems like it’s overcosted. The “Throw Curse” ability is really nice, but this just seems to be one of those units that should drop 10 HP and become a T2 unit.

I could see how it could be really effective against the Orcs, with their low RES, but it just doesn’t seem to justify the 170 gold and upkeep in relation to the other T3’s. (I’d say that it is similar to the non-Draconian Evangelist in this regard.)

After giving it some more thought – it seems to be potentially useful in a very “Roguish” sort of way, but just VERY situational. Really nice for Creeping to cherry pick the unit you want (Curse then Seduce is very nasty), especially because you can probably stack the deck with regard to numbers. In a straight up battle though, it seems to be limited, but I guess just having it there as a threat could be useful.

freese2112

On a related note, are there any race combinations that aren’t uniquely interesting now? Seems like the theocrat changes will allow different races to really shine with them. Truthfully, I even want to try the new theocrat now. It looks fun. But I feel like with some of the changes the class race variations are a lot stronger now. So can anyone think of any combos that aren’t distinct or cool in some way?

Strongly agree wiht this. I play SP, and it’s unusual that you don’t end up with at least one city of every race, which really allows players to be able to take advantage of (in a good way) the best combo’s (Elvish Unicorn/Griffin/Mounted Archer for WL & Bard/Hunter, Draconian Apprentices, Shaman & Evangelist, Orcish Crusader/Warbreed/Assassin). I will say that the Projectile Resistence on the Dwarves is a little “meh”, and the Throw Nets for the Humans while nice early, tend to not be very effective late in the game.

Garresh

You summed up the choices that define the succubus perfectly, and why they’re hard to use in a “real” battle, so let me offer a few tips. For starters, the best way to use succubi is to get a stack of six, sneak them around behind the enemy territory into a relatively untouched region, and start clearing. Within about 6-8 turns you will have 3 stacks of tier 1 and tier 2 units. In a sense, a succubi stack could be considered similar to a Plague of Brigands spell, except recurring as long as there are uncaptured nodes left.

As if that isn’t terrifying enough, their flying makes them extremely difficult to catch, and most things that can catch them can be converted and sent back out, which makes them very hard for a player to deal with. On top of all this, they’re durable, and can take lightly defended cities on their own, without assistance generally.

Getting the most out of Succubi requires having them split off from the main stack, but they can rejoin at any time and offer a decent meat shield if nothing else, along with throw curse and the ability to set up flanks. Even in a real fight, while they are a big target, failed conversions open the enemy up to flanking attacks, and if you do successfully convert, a quick dash can get your succubi back out of trouble and to safety.

madmac

Strongly agree wiht this. I play SP, and it’s unusual that you don’t end up with at least one city of every race, which really allows players to be able to take advantage of (in a good way) the best combo’s (Elvish Unicorn/Griffin/Mounted Archer for WL & Bard/Hunter, Draconian Apprentices, Shaman & Evangelist, Orcish Crusader/Warbreed/Assassin). I will say that the Projectile Resistence on the Dwarves is a little “meh”, and the Throw Nets for the Humans while nice early, tend to not be very effective late in the game.

Even Projectile Resistance for Dwarves isn’t a bad bonus, really. Assassins and Berserkers are targets you want to take down at range if possible, and the net +3 vs missiles (With the Dwarves +1) shaves off a lot of damage. Assassins with Def 14 vs range attacks are nothing to sneeze at.

Throw Nets on Humans is a bit gimmicky, but it works because it goes on units that are otherwise usually pretty squishy and helpless up close. Even if it doesn’t work, you’re better off attempting a net to get someone off you then counter punching in almost all circumstances, and the payoff is huge.

ExNihil

Interesting and a bit heated discussion :).

The single greatest buff to the 4 production classes is the inclusion of the Wild Magic sphere which allows for the summoning of lesser elementals that can evolve into t3 units. This in effect opens the possibility of dual channel production for these classes – although a relativly weak mana based production OFC.

While I need to actually play test this to be sure, it seems to me the two classes that can benefit form this the most are the Theocrat and the Warlord. The former because of its great capacity to creep with huge regen and healing buffs, and the latter because of its huge mana surplus combined with the Conqueror tech that gives +50% XP.

Saying that, in my book this is problematic for the very fact that it is so powerful – it makes Wild Magic basically a must sphere for these classes and as such potentially reduces diversity. This will OFC be more manifest in MP than SP as optimal synergies come to dominate games (see the Draconian-Sorcerer combination for an extreme example).

I do think that the Theocrat still has an in class unit problem to a degree:

1. While the Martyr is more useful than before and can actually level now, it still doesn’t survive creeping well at all and is rather horrible in battle in and by itself. OFC it is envisioned as a support unit, but I agree (don’t remember where I read it) that by taking up a slot it is inherently more limited than having another combat unit in its stead- it makes a specific unit much more powerful HP wise, but that unit is still limited in terms of action points. This is OFC inherent to the concept of the Martyr, but here there is a problem in comparison to the Rogue – whereby the Scoundrel is a swiss-knife that can evolve into a special unit, the Martyr really doesn’t evolve. By the time Exalted Martyr’s are unlocked it is already superseded. No one is going to produce Martyr’s and try and level them to Exalted, and trying to level these units in advance for this tech is still a bust strategy – they don’t survive creeping and don’t really give substantial benefits in combat when leveled. To be made better this unit needs to evolve intrinsically – not based on a tech, and be able to become Exalted before these can be produced in and by themselvs. This will really compensate for its awkwardness.

2. There was actually no problem with the Crusader to begin with- it was perhaps the strongest Theocrat unit respective to its tier (arguably the Shrine is better, but this is very contentious). It is now even better. I like the change and think it’s great, but in itself it really doesn’t make the Theocrat hugely more powerful as the big problem is the latter mid-game, which the Theocrat “traditionally” didn’t really have (had to relay on racial units and trebs really for the t3 slots).

3. Evangelist is better but is really still too weak and bland IMO. Touch of Faith on cool-down is nice as well as the enhanced damage, but it really doesn’t quite cut it yet. I think it requires either a bit more abilities, or the capacity to attack with ranged (I am a strong proponent of this) using Spirit Bolts as default. As an extra ability I suggest “Condemn” – a long ranged “curse” like ability that rolls against resistance only (no elemental modifier). When successful this ability debuffs a target with -60% Spirit resistance (also works on Machines!) and label it with Mark of the Heretic (for those instances in which this spell was not casted before battle). It will work with a 2 or even 3 turn cooldown, and allow it to really enhance other units’ damage output while resolving the Theocrat/Theocrat or Theocrat/Dreadnought matchup issues (gimped due to Spirit resistances).

4. Exalted still die too quickly IMO. They need some buff to their core stats (not huge, but still substantial) to make them a more attractive alternative to racial t3 units. Resurgence is great IF you survive the battle, and as I said many times (yes, many) Exalted die too easily. I suggest +5HP and +1def/+1res.

5. The Shrine of Smiting is still out of class in being a Machine and the synergy with the devout units requires some fine tuning. This is discussed in the Theocrat thread so no need to repeat it here.

I think the Theocrat’s empire upgrades and city upgrades need some attention as they are still sub standard. This is also discussed in the Theocrat thread.

As for Succubus – I think its a good unit when used well. I would still like seeing it buffed with a ranged attack, especially Fire Bomb but fire bolts would also do :).

zeelilus

I personally always found evangelists a lot easier to use than succubi, just walk up to a wall to steal the low res archers while your tanky units breach the wall.
    I look forward to being able to play my human rogue as a pirate now. Make stacks of assassins, cast the new thieves guild, drink rum(perhaps with the help of some halflings that join my worth cause :P)=profit.

Epaminondas

I do think that the Theocrat still has an in class unit problem to a degree:

1. While the Martyr is more useful than before and can actually level now, it still doesn’t survive creeping well at all and is rather horrible in battle in and by itself. OFC it is envisioned as a support unit, but I agree (don’t remember where I read it) that by taking up a slot it is inherently more limited than having another combat unit in its stead- it makes a specific unit much more powerful HP wise, but that unit is still limited in terms of action points. This is OFC inherent to the concept of the Martyr, but here there is a problem in comparison to the Rogue – whereby the Scoundrel is a swiss-knife that can evolve into a special unit, the Martyr really doesn’t evolve. By the time Exalted Martyr’s are unlocked it is already superseded. No one is going to produce Martyr’s and try and level them to Exalted, and trying to level these units in advance for this tech is still a bust strategy – they don’t survive creeping and don’t really give substantial benefits in combat when leveled. To be made better this unit needs to evolve intrinsically – not based on a tech, and be able to become Exalted before these can be produced in and by themselvs. This will really compensate for its awkwardness.

2. There was actually no problem with the Crusader to begin with- it was perhaps the strongest Theocrat unit respective to its tier (arguably the Shrine is better, but this is very contentious). It is now even better. I like the change and think it’s great, but in itself it really doesn’t make the Theocrat hugely more powerful as the big problem is the latter mid-game, which the Theocrat “traditionally” didn’t really have (had to relay on racial units and trebs really for the t3 slots).

3. Evangelist is better but is really still too weak and bland IMO. Touch of Faith on cool-down is nice as well as the enhanced damage, but it really doesn’t quite cut it yet. I think it requires either a bit more abilities, or the capacity to attack with ranged (I am a strong proponent of this) using Spirit Bolts as default. As an extra ability I suggest “Condemn” – a long ranged “curse” like ability that rolls against resistance only (no elemental modifier). When successful this ability debuffs a target with -60% Spirit resistance (also works on Machines!) and label it with Mark of the Heretic (for those instances in which this spell was not casted before battle). It will work with a 2 or even 3 turn cooldown, and allow it to really enhance other units’ damage output while resolving the Theocrat/Theocrat or Theocrat/Dreadnought matchup issues (gimped due to Spirit resistances).

4. Exalted still die too quickly IMO. They need some buff to their core stats (not huge, but still substantial) to make them a more attractive alternative to racial t3 units. Resurgence is great IF you survive the battle, and as I said many times (yes, many) Exalted die too easily. I suggest +5HP and +1def/+1res.

5. The Shrine of Smiting is still out of class in being a Machine and the synergy with the devout units requires some fine tuning. This is discussed in the Theocrat thread so no need to repeat it here.

I think the Theocrat’s empire upgrades and city upgrades need some attention as they are still sub standard. This is also discussed in the Theocrat thread.

As for Succubus – I think its a good unit when used well. I would still like seeing it buffed with a ranged attack, especially Fire Bomb but fire bolts would also do :) .

Good man. You’ve addressed some of my major concerns with the class – almost all of which I’ve elaborated in prior posts (to ad nauseam, for some folks). As you say, the fundamental problem with the class has to do with its poor unit selection. Cherubs and Crusaders are the only units that I use regularly, and I seldom train Martyrs, Evangelists, and Exalted at all. In particular, both T3 units are conceptually flawed, and no minor tinkering with stats will rectify these flaws (but I’ve no desire to revisit these issues in full at least).

Garresh

I don’t see how they’re flawed. A unit can have an ambiguous role and still be valuable. by the way you describe them as being flawed, so too would the Succubus be considered flawed, because it’s a bad support and a bad fighter, without a ranged attack. Exalted and Evangelists are not OP, but I’d use em personally. What you see a flawed design, I see as an inherently flexible design. They’re multipurpose. Why is that bad?

Epaminondas

Exalted and Evangelists are not OP, but I’d use em personally. What you see a flawed design, I see as an inherently flexible design. They’re multipurpose. Why is that bad?

I’ve really written reams and reams about both the Exalted and Evangelists to the most minute detail. So replying to you here would be re-hashing stuff that’s been beaten to oblivion. Besides, ExNihil has brought up some of the same points, albeit in a more cursory manner.

As for this claim:

A unit can have an ambiguous role and still be valuable. by the way you describe them as being flawed, so too would the Succubus be considered flawed, because it’s a bad support and a bad fighter, without a ranged attack.

I don’t think Evangelists and Succubi are perfectly analogous. A Succubus can serve in a pure melee role as a raider and a flank attacker; an Evangelist simply cannot, due to its lack of mobility (if you can’t go toe-to-toe, you better be able to choose your fights) and inferior survivability even vis-a-vis Succubus.

As an illustration, granted I seldom play non-Theocrat classes, so my knowledge of the Rogue class is limited. Nonetheless, when I do play Rogue, I do utilize Succubi quite a bit; I never trained Evangelists pre-patch because there is really no role that I feel they serve better than the alternatives. You want support? Why not take racial supports that are cheaper and have ranged fight capacity? You want a melee? I’d take racial T3 or even Crusader instead.

Also, I think your experience in small map MP games are greatly clouding your understanding of the class; and while I understand you admit this, I don’t think you recognize how weak the class is once it hits mid-game stage where the boosts provided by early heal is spent (and this boost has been nerfed anyways per Triumph’s penchant to only nerf the class and not compensate these nerfs via meaningful boosts). To be succinct – and to summarize what I and every experienced Theocrat player has been saying – once you hit mid-game, the flaws in the unit roster of the class really drags you down. More specifically, all of Theocrat T3/T4 units are either too situational or plain bad; so unless you’ve leveraged your early heal advantage to an impregnable position, you are toast.

madmac

Ehhhhh. Exalted are my go-to late game unit when I play Theocrat. I spam those badboys all day everyday and have never had an issue with their performance. Resurgence is just that good, especially on a Fast Flyer that can roam the map in independent stacks and creep basically anything without taking casualties.

Garresh

@epaminondas
    Actually I do play lategame. I may do more early stuff, but I’m fully aware of the relative power levels of classes at all phases of the game. I play single player and marathon games too you know…

And for what it’s worth, Rogues prior to this patch were STILL worse than Theocrats lategame. Seriously, I may favor rogues, but I gather knowledge on other classes as well, and I talk to people who specialize in those classes where my knowledge is lacking. I happen to know that due to the way rogues scale, I’ve struggled vs theocrats even lategame, due the fact that we didn’t have a T4, and our lategame magic was all effectivenly nonfunctional vs a theocrat. Combine with the scouting wars I’ve talked about thousands of times, and you see that despite the theocrat falling off lategame, the rogue actually falls off *WORSE*. Once the game passes turn 70 or turn 80, Hellfire is all I had going for me. I made do, but the simple fact is that prior to the necessary buffs, rogues were unplayable lategame.

I have only won a game lategame once by using actual rogue class abilities, and that was because I managed to hide in the corner, tech like mad, and stockpile 2000 mana so I could spam incite revolts faster than they could be dispelled in an age of deception, with support from a couple of hearts and a buncha grand palaces, and that was vs a warlord so it barely counts.

Look, I don’t mean to be rude, but theocrat and rogue were both subpar, and we’re both getting buffed. I don’t understand why this frustrates you? You’re getting tankier class units, which at T2 have defense comparable to a T4. Your evangelists are getting buffed, and while you may say they’re not good, they’re getting decent melee capabilities alongside a pretty diverse selection of buffs and support abilities. Exalted actually *are* used by many skilled players who I speak to on a regular basis. If you just use them in straight fights they may suffer, but if you use their mobility and suicidal tendencies properly they can be devastating. And yeah the Shrine of Smiting is kinda derpy, but as BBB pointed out it has the highest damage potential in the game, and provides a great deal of support to your army in ways that cannot be understated.

And No, I’m not complaining because I’m dissatisfied with the rogue buffs. We got a metric ton of new tricks and tactics, and I couldn’t be happier. But you’re really looking a gift horse in the mouth here. Despite the theocrats problems, they were a popular and effective pick in the tournament precisely because of fast they leveled, and how tanky their armies were. And now they’re getting better at all phases of the game, with some of the most crippling debuffs I’ve ever seen. You’re overstating the problem, and it’s a moot point anyways because it’s being FIXED.

We have NOTHING to complain about. Both of our classes are getting tons of new toys. How about you play with them before you complain?

Draxynnic

I’m curious: When you say you don’t play ‘non-good’ races, do you also eschew humans? Since both humans and draconians are neutral…

I’m aware that the Dragonlance draconians were Usually Evil, but the draconian race essentially fills in for draconic humanoids that can appear across the alignment spectrum in general fantasy. If you’re playing Theocrat, then it’s easy to imagine that the draconians you’re using, particularly spirit-damage using theocrat units, are draconians where the gold dragon part of their ancestry is particularly strong.

Epaminondas

*Buff: Disintegrate is now strength 15 (was 12) is now instakill on success instead of 50 damage.<br>
    – This is dangerous one. It may become hero killing machine.<br>
    My suggestion is 50 damage for heroes,instakill for the rest.

Even non-heroes is ridiculous. So one spell will get rid of a level 20-plus Champion I’ve nurtured for hours and hours in a XL game?

So one spell will get rid of a level 20-plus Champion I’ve nurtured for hours and hours in a XL game?

Potentially, yes and that’s really rather the point. You trade in having some mediocre skills and one, potentially, good skill, versus more reliably useful stuff in pretty much every other specialization.

Although, if you are playing someone for hours and hours in an XL game, you can probably absorb all the disintegrates they can throw at you.

It used to be 50 damage, and noone ever used it.

Now it’s insta kill, maybe some people will start using it, other than me?

Gloweye

I have a small Dev Question. There are 2 small notes in the Elemental Immunities, noting that they are immune to “Deadly Poison” and “Frost Paralysis”

These expressions, however, do not occur anywhere else in the game. I <i>Assume</i> that they are supposed to be “Severely Poisoned” and “Frozen”, but could anyone confirm this?

Also, Does “Deadly Poisen” maybe both cover Severely Poisoned and Poisoned from AD’s Poison Domain?

Tombles
    Keymaster

Oops, looks like I used the names in the tools rather than the ones in the game! Frozen Paralysis is indeed Frozen and Deadly Poison is Severely Poisoned.

Also, I just checked and it seems that Poison Domain affects literally everything which doesn’t have blight immunity, there are no exclusions for Elementals (though there probably should be).

Fenraellis

Nothing prevents the stat penalty of Poison Domain, if I recall correctly from the few times using it, but Blight Protection helps against the damage. I could easily be wrong on the former part of that statement, it’s been a fair while since I’ve researched it and cast it in a match, though. Almost did a few games ago, but I was a turn away from it when I ended up being forced into the game deciding fight. Barely won, but it would have been awesome with this spell up(presuming my opponent chose to fight, rather than spend ~2 turns to even attempt to disjunct it.

Also, I just checked and it seems that Poison Domain affects literally everything which doesn’t have blight immunity, there are no exclusions for Elementals (though there probably should be).

Whoops, guess I should have refreshed my tab before posting. Although I was oddly sure I remembered lowering the stats of blight immune units at some point. Maybe it was a quirk during the Beta…

Gloweye

Oops, looks like I used the names in the tools rather than the ones in the game! Frozen Paralysis is indeed Frozen and Deadly Poison is Severely Poisoned.

Ah, thank you.

There is one more thing I was wondering about..maybe just an old ability decription, but Severely Poisened says “cannot be healed on the strategic map for 3 turns”, which seems kind of odd, since the ability disappears after combat. Is there a hidden stop on regeneration(It doesn’t get the Hindered Regeneration ability), or is this just slightly old information?

Viewing 24 posts - 211 through 234 (of 234 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.