Anyone tried Endless Legend Early Access?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Anyone tried Endless Legend Early Access?

This topic contains 83 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 8 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author

@ Esvath, I get the distinct impression that Amplitude want you to be the Emperor type figure who oversees a battle, not the General who controls it.

I’ve decided though, I’ll try it out

Sunicle

However, I am puzzled by the fact that players can only issue commands and then press Execute so that the AI finishes the combat for them.

This is early Alpha and combat isn’t finished yet. Special attacks are also still missing. That’s what I’m getting from reading the Amplitude forums at least.

melkathi

I’ll try it eventually.
    I enjoy the other two Endless games after all.

And yes, everyone who feels like trying it is very welcome to visit the amplitude forum. We don’t bite over there 😉

bam65

Sounds much more interesting than Warlock 1+2.

Warlock 2 has been beating the hell out of AoW3 for me. It’s just a much better game right now.

@ bam, I’ve yet to complete my campaign game (the broken shards thing) and foremost amongst my gripes is the busy time it takes to move my units across multiple shards to the shard where the action is.

Multiple clicks to do simple stuff. Out of 200 turns so far, the last 70 hq e been me literally shuffling units. No threat to my empire, no thought required, just empty busy work.

I am curious to know what exactly you adore about it.

There are some interesting ideas in there, although city limit punishes me for conquering my enemies (which makes little to no sense). The economy system is quite interesting in that th building that you definitely need cost you gold upkeep, and there is pretty much no way any single city can do everything.

Tying in city improvements to city size and then governing the city size through food is well done.

I guess what I am saying is that I find the 1 unit per hex dynamic to be boring and tedious (I didn’t much like Civ 5 either, but I adored Civ 4) and the combat boring as well. The empire side is entertaining enough, but I believe you and I are fundamentally going to disagree that Warlock 2 is ” a better game.”

It’s a different game and I got bored after 25 hours.

I am not convinced it was worth the £22 it cost me.

jpinard

Christopher Pisz – well if you’d prefer to have a lot less games to choose from then you can have your way. Early access is a way to be able to continue funding a game before release, and release in a better state that it normally would be. Early access is like kickstarter –and without them the PC RPG/TBS scene would be much more desolate and of much worse quality.

You guys bemoaning it obviously have no idea how tight budgets are – and we certainly don’t want to have EA or Activision to be the only ones who determine what we get and how we get it (console ports?).

terrahero

You know I don’t really see the logic behind the huge problem some people seem to have with early access. If the complaint is “They’re not paying beta testers anymore, now the beta testers are paying them!” Then, well, so what?

Truth is, often beta testers didnt get payed in the past either. QA did, but beta testers were often from the pool of fans. Much like AoW3.

The problem is that beta testing isnt done as well anymore. Games are more and more going with the early-access and at the same time i’ve never seen more complaints about incomplete and buggy titles at launch.

Which makes sense. Take a few beta testers from your pool of die-hard fans. They will test your game and you only have a small group of people to listen to in regards of feedback.
    Open it up for early access and you can have millions, litteraly millions, screaming their feedback at you all at the same time.

And with such a community much harder to manage, you dont have the close interaction between beta testers and developers. And that close proximity between the two makes for a much better dialogue.
    If you know you are one out of thousands voicing their opinion you might give your opinion in a different fashion. Especially if you know that its very likely no dev will ever read it.
    But if you give your feedback directly, straight to one of the devs, you might just take your role quite a bit more serious.

So at the end of the day, when more people give feedback at the same time the less important the feedback of the individual becomes. And this could very easily lead to a decline in the quality of feedback and work as a barrier for the interaction between dev and tester.
    Ever tried having a conversation in a forum with a dev? You know that while you try to do so, dozens of other people jump in to try and hijack the thread and the discussion to try and get their own little feedback heard. In a sense, the community starts interfering with itself.

And that is why i am against bought beta access. They could sell early-access, but do it as a service. Stick to a core beta testing team, and if people want to pay to play your game in an unfished state then all the power them.
    But dont promise these people that they will be the ones to shape the game.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  President.

Epaminondas

I spent the last hour or two checking out Youtube videos, and I think the lack of unity variety and boring combat are going to be huge turn-offs for me.

Wizaerd

@ Esvath, I get the distinct impression that Amplitude want you to be the Emperor type figure who oversees a battle, not the General who controls it.

I’ve decided though, I’ll try it out

All the more reason I want to try it out. I don’t always want to be the one controlling the position and action of each individual unit. I want to be the one that lays out the general game plan for combat, and then see my game plan implemented.

CrazyElf

2. Kickstarter… Oh, yeah, baby. While I agree that sending money to help a concept you want to see happen actually happen has it’s good points, I think we are beginning to see the “dark side”. For instance, Occulus Rift. A lot of folks sent money to that. And for what? So the devs could get a huge payday when they got bought out from facebook?

The problem with Kickstarter is that the risk goes from the developer to you. Essentially it is a leap of faith of good will. There’s no real obligation for the developer to finish their project once they have the money. That seems to be what happened with Occulus.

On one hand, it does allow for Indie games that may not have otherwise existed. On the other hand, it has some very serious issues for which there’s no easy solution for.

That and often, developers do let their ambitions get over their heads on what they can realistically accomplish – after that you tend to see second campaigns, because they promised what they could not deliver.

3. Galciv 3… I laugh. Stardock did this for Elemental: War of Magic and it turned out to be one of the worst, buggiest, unplayable, and financial failures in recent memory. Same genre as Age of Wonders. So bad, in fact, the CEO of that company publicly apologized and had to give two expansions (which, in fairness were MUCH better) for free. Did PAID beta help Elemental? Stardock could have cared less.

There’s quite a few of what I call “Stardock fanboys”. To them, Stardock and its CEO Brad Wardell can literally do no wrong, and their games are for them, the best 4X games. Personally, I’ve found that their games, while some things are done right tend to have their own flaws.

I get the feeling that GC3 is probably going to end up being a mediocre game that is an incremental improvement over GC2. GC2, although a decent game in some regards, had its share of shortcomings.

4. “Former makers of”. I agree. While if the former game was shovelware, I do keep an open eye out, making a great game in the past does not mean a good one is upcoming.

Have you ever seen the debacle that was Sword of the Stars 2? SOTS1 by the time ANY was released was pretty good. Had they released a SOTS1 with better graphics and perhaps a few incremental improvements, I think it would have redefined space 4X the way MOO2 did – but instead it ended up being more like MOO3.

On the note of EL, I’m going to wait and see. Endless Space wasn’t too good a game, so I’m skeptical about this one.

CrazyElf

Multiple clicks to do simple stuff. Out of 200 turns so far, the last 70 hq e been me literally shuffling units. No threat to my empire, no thought required, just empty busy work.

I am not convinced it was worth the £22 it cost me.

Somehow this description does not inspire a great deal of confidence in me. I get the feeling that this game, like Endless Space will end up being a disappointment.

Christopher Pisz – well if you’d prefer to have a lot less games to choose from then you can have your way. Early access is a way to be able to continue funding a game before release, and release in a better state that it normally would be. Early access is like kickstarter –and without them the PC RPG/TBS scene would be much more desolate and of much worse quality.

You guys bemoaning it obviously have no idea how tight budgets are – and we certainly don’t want to have EA or Activision to be the only ones who determine what we get and how we get it (console ports?).

That’s exactly what marketing wants you to think. Oh poor us, we can’t exist without your charity. Funny, how they brainwash a few people and those people go on to argue their argument for them. and on and on for years. Never heard this before…

I suppose you work as an accountant at a game studio? or are you just regurgitating the same old tired argument that someone gave you?

I actually work in the industry, so I DO know how tight budgets are and THEY ARE making profit now, before the game even releases, and THEY ARE making more profit after the game releases. You’d also be wise to keep in mind that there is a huge difference between the budget given to the actual development team and the entirety of all money that bloated higher ups suck up while playing golf.

Again, even so, it isn’t my concern about why they need charity. They are FOR PROFIT companies.

avg developer salary in Ammerica: 80k-120k
    avg artist salary in America: 40k-80k

Do math, how much money does it take for a brand new team to crank out a game if you cut every business suit out of the picture?

Wort case: 3(5*120k+2*80k)

Let’s even throw in a very nice QA dept:
    3(5*120k+2*80k+10*50k)

Hell, lets throw in a MSDN subscription and hardware in for each person

3(5*120k+2*80k+10*50k + 17*5k)

Let’s hire stippers every weekend

3(5*120k+2*80k+10*50k + 17*5k + 52*500)

Now you tell me how much money the folks at Planatary Annihilation took in from Kickstarter + thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Early Access sales @ 59.99ea + private investors, before the game is even released!!!! That is we aren’t even talking about the sales from today forward!!!! Where did the money go? Pockets….

CrazyElf

Now you tell me how much money the folks at Planatary Annihilation took in from Kickstarter + thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Early Access sales @ 59.99ea + private investors, before the game is even released!!!! That is we aren’t even talking about the sales from today forward!!!! Where did the money go? Pockets….

They raised 2.33 million USD on Kickstarter IIRC. That and whatever other copies they’ve sold since then.

Yeah I agree, there’s enough money to support a pretty large staff and deliver a huge game, if they wanted to.

melkathi

And now compare that to what Shadowrun Returns made on kickstarter and what they delivered…

Money is gone faster than one thinks. And just because people have ideas or vision, doesn’t mean they know how to manage a budget or a company.

On kickstarter people often confuse that: just because someone is in the industry does not mean they can run a successfull project.
    Or have any clue when it comes to finances.
    Just because someone is a programmer or an artist who has worked on a dozen of projects, does not mean they can truly anticipate what is waiting for them when they go indy. I bet a lot of devs who started a kickstat=rter project realized down the line that those evil bean-counters etc that they so resented for keeping a tight budget, weren’t all that evil after all.

*shrug* I’m biased. My master is in management 😛

And now compare that to what Shadowrun Returns made on kickstarter and what they delivered…

Money is gone faster than one thinks. And just because people have ideas or vision, doesn’t mean they know how to manage a budget or a company.

or the ability to develop those ideas, or the ability to discern whether or not those ideas are good at all. I tell my friends, keep your game ideas to yourselves. They are worth poop. Every programmer that has written a render loop in his life already has enough ideas to keep him busy for 10 lifetimes.

On kickstarter people often confuse that: just because someone is in the industry does not mean they can run a successfull project.<br>
    Or have any clue when it comes to finances.<br>

True.

Just because someone is a programmer or an artist who has worked on a dozen of projects, does not mean they can truly anticipate what is waiting for them when they go indy.

True. Some of us tried a startup or our own projects on our own time and fell short. Such is life. Everyone has a dream and it is up to them to go fulfill it. My point is I am not asking for charity from others to fulfill my own dream. It is my responsibility to put the necessary pieces together.

I bet a lot of devs who started a kickstat=rter project realized down the line that those evil bean-counters etc that they so resented for keeping a tight budget, weren’t all that evil after all.

Not as much. I worked at a few startup game studios that did just fine with all the extra bloat cut out. One guy marketing, one guy making deals with 3rd parties and investors, and one legal guy, all the rest were devs and artists. ALOT of extra fat is in the management. While I am not saying every business major is worthless or not necessary, there are people out there whose entire jobs involve making rounds and asking “is it done yet?” and then going and typing that into excel, so that another guy can ask “is it done yet?” and he can then lie and point at his excel sheet, make promises that won’t happen, and come up with new shiny processes that will supposedly, magically, squeeze water out of rocks to get code coded faster when developers are already working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week. Those guys can all go get hit by a bus, because 10 times out of 10 his deadlines were not met and the developers got blamed.

Give me a technical lead instead whom will keep everyone in scope.

My favorite quote from a past job with 9 bosses and 2 developers: “We’re doing Agile now, I thought that was supposed to get things done faster…”

marceror

Wow, Age of Wonders III, Warlock 2, and Endless Legend. Too bad I don’t have more free time, because it seems like I could pretty much just evaporate into Fantasy 4X games if I let myself.

I’m sticking with AoW3 for now, but there’s plenty of stuff that’s going on my list.

Esvath, stop looking at vids and back to modding master of mana, I’m having gamestopping CTD in last Xtended version, hehehe.

I don’t mind the whole setting rules and let AI play out combat, it just becomes another kind of combat, place your bets and let it all play out, more leading combat actually is. Done well, I think that can be fun as well.

@ Crazy Elf, I was talking about Warlock 2, in response to bam65. I still don’t have a clue how EL plays out, but right now the good looks better and more plentiful than the bad.

I think I shall have to do as the Theban is doing and get on youtube.

@ Epaminondas, care to elaborate on the unit diversity and battles?

Erwin

Endless Legend at the moment only has like three different units per faction. The reasoning is that you can equip them so they fill out different roles. You can recruit different units from minor factions around the map and can recruit heroes which can level and get equipment as well though.

Curious to see where this game will go.

Epaminondas

@ Epaminondas, care to elaborate on the unit diversity and battles?

Eh? Isn’t it self-evident?

1. As for unit variety, there are something like four units per faction – three if you exclude the hero.

2. As for boring combat, you can’t control your units in combat, the combat map is tiny, etc.

I ask because going on youtube at the moment isn’t an option so I can’t research it. Ditto going through all of Amplitude to figure things out.

Also, this is the discussion thread, so I do think it’s a great idea to share knowledge and opinions.

I didn’t know the unit count was so low. Do you get 3 “base” units that you then equip yourself, because if so then you could say you then really have many more units.

How do you get the equipment?

Is it like Elemental/FE in this regard?

How do the heroes work? I read you can put a hero in a city to boost the city (boost what, how?) or use them to lead stacks. Are they killable units like in AoW or are they more like HoMM?

What is the stack limit? How many stacks per battle?

Is there an avatar to represent you (the leader) in battle? How do you win, or lose a game?

These are all “buying” questions!

I am very curious about this game, and have been thinking about getting Endless Space for about 2 months, so would that be useful to get an understanding of the studios thinking?
    I understand that EL is supposed to be set in a fantasy world within the ES universe…

Sathra

Heroes are probably like Leaders in Endless Space. Its similar to MoO, in that a hero/leader can be an administrator or a combat leader. And be levelled up for those roles with a skill tree. Combat leaders could be injured if their flagship was destroyed.

Equipment is probably pretty much like Elemental too. Research, open up designer, set equipment and such, name then build. Some equipment requires certain resources to be built, and adds that requirement to units that have it.

esvath

@BBB:

Here are few things that I get from watching Let’s Play in youtube:

1) Atm, there are three units plus hero for each major factions.

2) There are 15 minor factions (city state in Civ5, donkey resource in Warlock, fairy dwelling in AOW3). You can absorb max two minor factions, thus getting empire wide boni and able to build their unique units (one unique unit per minor faction).

3) You can equip units using different armors/weapons/accessories; You have to research the tech first, then collect the mineral to be able to produce/re-equip units. Imo, this is just like in Fallen Enchantress.

4) Hero can be attached to a city, and increase city production OR can lead an army, like heroes in AOW3.

5) Each hero has three talent/skill trees. These trees are placed in a half-circle divided by three. On one side, you have your racial skill tree, on the other, you have your class skill tree, and in the middle is a “general” skill requiring combinations of class/racial.
    The example from the vids: a Windwalker hero has a racial skill that gives +1 production from each forest in city radius. He can take this skill three times, for cumulative +3 production from each forest.

6) Heroes get exp from combat and from governing a city (the latter perhaps a fixed amount of exp per turn?)

7) Each army consists of six units; I do not know if this can be increased by later techs.

8) Army moves as a stack, when entering combat phase, a battlefield is generated from existing strategical map. This combat map is small, but it takes into consideration of terrain height (very cool feature imo). Units in higher terrain get bonus on defence and offence.

9) In combat, you give a series of order, then press Execute button and let the AI do the battle (I do not like this feature very much, since the AI often makes stupid mistakes. I want to control my own army!).

@carnivalbizarre

I am taking a break from modding Master of Mana. Blame Triumph for that LoL

marceror

The lack of total army control is concerning to me also. I noticed in one let’s play that melee units are moving forward and getting themselves killed when it would make sense to hang back and be defensive, while archers doing the softening up. Not sure if this is because the let’s player I watched simply wasn’t giving good combat commands, or if the AI was fully controlling that and just lacking the I in AI.

At any rate, I would need to have much better control than that to be able to have a chance to enjoy combat in that game. The combat in AoW3 is about as close to perfect as I can imagine, and that’s because it allows full control. Hopefully the developer will refine this system, a lot.

@ Esvath, it *isn’t* a “high” fantasy game.

I have it now. I’ll write up my thoughts better later, but I can summarise it very quickly:

Fallen Enchantress, but *better* and shinier, and better looking to my eyes.

It feels like playing FE, except that I like EL and I dislike FE.

melkathi

Looking forward to your write-up. I’ll get it eventually, just not rushing to buy it. Have enough to play as it is.

The whole sci-fi-fantasy mix thing of the setting seems a bit odd.

CrazyElf

On kickstarter people often confuse that: just because someone is in the industry does not mean they can run a successfull project.
    Or have any clue when it comes to finances.
    Just because someone is a programmer or an artist who has worked on a dozen of projects, does not mean they can truly anticipate what is waiting for them when they go indy. I bet a lot of devs who started a kickstat=rter project realized down the line that those evil bean-counters etc that they so resented for keeping a tight budget, weren’t all that evil after all.

*shrug* I’m biased. My master is in management 😛

Speaking as an accountant (which is my career path), I can certainly attest that at times, there does seem to be considerable ignorance on finances vs reality.

That being said, there’s often a ton of unneeded bloat in many companies.

Not as much. I worked at a few startup game studios that did just fine with all the extra bloat cut out. One guy marketing, one guy making deals with 3rd parties and investors, and one legal guy, all the rest were devs and artists. ALOT of extra fat is in the management. While I am not saying every business major is worthless or not necessary, there are people out there whose entire jobs involve making rounds and asking “is it done yet?” and then going and typing that into excel, so that another guy can ask “is it done yet?” and he can then lie and point at his excel sheet, make promises that won’t happen, and come up with new shiny processes that will supposedly, magically, squeeze water out of rocks to get code coded faster when developers are already working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week. Those guys can all go get hit by a bus, because 10 times out of 10 his deadlines were not met and the developers got blamed.

I agree and disagree.

There are a lot of ineffective people from every major. It’s just that business majors get more attention because they often have disproportionate effects.

A good accountant, from experience, will although he/she does not add value directly, through their recommendations, analysis, and process improvements, pay for themselves many times over.

Programming too is kind of like that. Ever see a totally bad QA tester? They cannot handle much. By contrast, a good tester will not only identify the problem in detail, they will take the time to solve it for you, and perhaps make other optimizations along the way.

CrazyElf

I have it now. I’ll write up my thoughts better later, but I can summarise it very quickly:

Fallen Enchantress, but *better* and shinier, and better looking to my eyes.

It feels like playing FE, except that I like EL and I dislike FE.

Yeah I think that we’re going to need a bit more in depth than that later on.

What is the tactical combat like? Is it bland like FE or decent this time?

Rasalgethi

@ Raselgethi, if Sorax wants to move it he will!

OK, some more thoughts on the game:

Bear in mind it is early access, and that I have only clocked up 10 hours, and basically fiddled around with the 4 existing races.

Combat, which is what most of us are interested in, is interesting, and has the possibility to be extremely cool. As it is now, it’s a good idea that hasn’t been implemented well.

Ranged units are the way to go so far (I don’t think I lost any fights with windwalkers).

You start with 4 unit armies, and your heroes don’t count to the army limit, and are typically tougher and better troops. You can upgrade them (with various resources, more on those later) and you can also outfit your basic troops (which is useful because you only get 3 troop types. You start with one troop type (except for Necrophages -think Zerg meets Undead, who start with 2), and need to research your 3rd in era 2 (eras are technology tiers. You have a few technologies in each tier, and once you research 10 in one tier, you unlock the next tier, or era). In tier 2 you can research larger armies (6 units), and I *believe* (going from memory,) you get another 2 in era 3.

Unit types are:

infantry (hit stuff)
    ranged (shoot stuff-you can hit stuff in your first round of combat)
    cavalry (basically faster infantry)
    flying (basically cavalry, because you can’t traverse cliffs with these guys from what I can see)

Combat maps are tiny.

You start a combat by:

phase 1 – deploy your units. Do this carefully because you won’t get to redeploy them, and any reinforcement you have (from adjacent stacks) will trickle in randomly.

Phase 2 – issue targeting orders. Again, think about this, because units will chase down the target you assign them, so in practice it is always better to line up all your guys and gang up on a unit. If you target a unit on the other side, your troops will go there and will be attacked by other units along the way.

Phase 3 and 4 – resolution. The battle unfolds before your eyes and ther is nothing you can do here to change positioning or anything, so if you have a unit isolate in phase 3, and a unit close by but not next to it, that latter unit will do nothing until…

phase 5, which is phase 2 repeated.

It’s a really cool concept, but it needs, imho:

*much larger maps, so that speed and archer range mean something;

*the ability to set ambushes in the tactical map (right now, you see where all the other units are);

*the ability to tell units to go to point a, then to point b and c, i.e. set up way points

*more starting units. I’d personally start the army limit at 6.

*terrain to matter more, e.g. swamp terrain to slow down units (makes flying units more interesting). This last is something I would absolutely adore in AoW3, i.e. if it took a bit of Eador’s terrain mechanics, even if it simply means that Dwarves moved faster in mountainous battles, and Goblins moved faster in swamps.
    The much vaunted ‘hide behind impassable cliffs’ thing is not really very good.

Compared to Aow3’s combat, it is much less visceral, hands on, intersting, bloody, entertaining, tactical, engaging.

It is much more ‘ethereal’ for lack of a better word.

Within the context of the game, combat against an enemy (i.e. not the Wandering creeps, which imho the game does quite well) consists of a few decisive battles, and then you win, or lose, as your (or their) armies are destroyed.

The game seems to favour small groups of small armies, as your economy won’t really support large armies until you have many cities, which is hard to do in the early game, which is oddly when you need armies the most. Once you fight the enemy’s principal one or 2 armies, you simply stroll into his now defenceless cities, and they magically convert to your race, that same turn. So, if you capture a large enemy city, you can start pumping out troops immediately, and if you have the dust, you can rush entire armies in that turn, so that the next turn, you have an entire new army. It’s snowballing to the extreme.

So, you’re encouraged on the one hand to snowball an enemy, or be snowballed (which means you either win or lose decisively, there haven’t been any ‘close calls’ for me yet) and yet there are severe happiness penalties for expansion (which irritates me no end, as this is a game about expanding and exterminating, both of which the happiness mechanic totally discourages).

However, having a large empire with multiple cities = much more dust etc. than a smaller, happier empire, so happiness, although going down the drain, doesn’t seem to matter.

So, taking over an enemy empire is a foregone thing past 2 or 3 battles, and is not very satisfying.

Next, city management. The only truly difficult thing is the aforementioned happiness mechanic. The rest of the time, you have no penalties to building everything in every city. Once you have a decent dust surplus, you can literally rush several improvements in a town that has little industry (=production points), in the same turn.

For a game that is obviously looking to excel at map management/empire building, this is disappointing.

anyway, conclusions so far:

combat is an interesting thing, but a bit unfulfilling at the moment. Armies are too few, and fighting is essentially, line up your guys, I’ll line up mine. The existence of initiative is so far well handled (higher initiative moves first, so I have loaded a hero with a tonne of initiative and set him loose on weaker enemies in the targeting phase, and put meatshield next to him to defend him, so far works quite well). Put simply, I won’t be playing this for the combat.

Empire building is currently a bit hollow and pointless.

The game has potential, tonnes of it.

Good stuff:

city management allows you to allocate your workers. It’s cool, and works well. It allows you to really specialise your cities (I had one city with 5 industry and 80 dust!)

you certainly feel you are exploring a wild and horrible world.

you can absorb 1 minor faction (later on, research allows you to absorb 2) which gives you an additional unit. It can be useful if you are playing Necrophage, for example, and you get a dwelling that unlocks the 2 headed wolf archers, so now you have ranged units :).

There are a plethora of resources around. Luxury resources are like playing cards in games like settlers of Catan, in that they can boost various attributes for a set number of turns.

Mineable resources are varied, yet not varied, in that they are basically the same. A missed opportunity here. You can build titanium mines, stock up on titanium, and outfit your troops with titanium armour and weapons etc.

or glassteel, or paladium, or adamantium, all of which sound better than they currently are. From what I can tell, you don’t unlock new units from these…

there is a trade caravans feature, not yet implemented, which looks like it could be fun.

the back story (which I like) is that basically a spaceship crashed, and the descendants of those survivors are the Vaulters, one of the 4 current factions.

The ‘elvish’ faction is interesting, and the ‘dwarven’ subfaction wear skull masks and look awesome. You unlock delvers if you control this village (a slightly boring infantry unit). The faction lore for all the factions is quite interesting actually, as it the quest system they currently have, which centres around your faction.

Faction design is going to be quite asymmetric, in that Broken Lords can heal troops with dust (which lost me that game because I kept using all my dust).

So far, it is more fun than Warlock, and definitely more so than FE.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.