AOW3 Crashes at Startup with Latest Patch

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support AOW3 Crashes at Startup with Latest Patch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  smeagolheart 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

smeagolheart

Like the other people posting here, the game crashes when I startup. I’m using the Steam version and I am running windows 10 as well. I’ve tried uninstalling, deleting the folders and installing in a new location. Still crashes.

I can play as guest I think.

I do notice that when I start the game and it’s going to crash I hear a quick beep tone.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear you’re having problems running the game.

If this game loads if you use the quest account, but not with your username you profile might have become corrupted. Could you rename the \My Games\AoW3 folder to \My Games\AoW3_Bak and try starting the game again?

Also make sure your windows user account has full \My Games\ folder permissions.

smeagolheart

that wasn’t it (corrupted profile).

It is the latest patch seems kinda buggy and crashy.

I can get it working by setting compatibility, running as admin and unchecking the DPI button on a shortcut to the game. Or by running as guest.

Arnout
    Keymaster

What also works is running the game in debug mode. You can set this in the Age of Wonders III launcher (under the Misc. tab)

We’re currently looking into the problem!

Arnout
    Keymaster

There is an update available on Steam which fixes the problem!

smeagolheart

ok great, I’ll go get the patch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.