AoW3 Sales Milestone, The New Game and GDC

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions AoW3 Sales Milestone, The New Game and GDC

This topic contains 58 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Lost 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Fimbul

The two were unlinked – Lennart simply informed us that some were going in case anyone wanted to meet the devs there. New game news was simply ‘soon’ and untied to the GDC.

This being the gaming industry, ‘soon’ could be anything between next Friday and the mid-2030s.

I thought so, but there was still a faint hope it would be otherwise. 😉

hm… 2030… i guess i wouldn’t like you so much anymore then. 😉

Yahku

Hey,

fine to hear that u are working on something new! And also good to hear that it wont be a “casual free to play” – most of them tend to be “pay to win” games and/or have a lack of quality. I am always glad to pay fair money for good games, so hold the line, u have done a great job in the past!

Best regards
    Yahku

Perq

2 years later, and 2 DLCs later, multiplayer PBE is still in beta, and you still need to tinker with your router to be able to play. Great going guys. Keep on bragging about sales.

Sigh. This is how disappointment looks like.

Couchfighter

Feature request for the upcoming AoW3 fix patch: Proper anti aliasing options. Come on, this isn’t a console game, why is fxaa or nothing the only supported options ?

Big J Money

So I don’t know that this will be seen, but I just wonder if this is a possible easy win for a patch.

It would be cool if Artifacts could give heroes spells. They can already give them abilities, and spells would be cool too.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Yes it’s seen, we are reading the forums 🙂
    I think that might fall outside of the scope of the patch, as it is not really patching stuff but rather adding something new, but I’ll note it anyhow.

@couchfighter, I saw your topic on the steam AoW3 forums, no need to double-post ^^

wbnldg

I’d like to second the complaint about anti-aliasing. It’s bothering me from the start, and the sweetfx workarounds are not really good. I guess it’s too late for AoW III but maybe you can at least consider improving it in your next game.

SikBok
    Keymaster

I guess it’s too late for AoW III but maybe you can at least consider improving it in your next game.

Duly noted wbnldg : )>

Lord Zytozid

Heyhey Triumph!
    Well, isn’t it a triumph, achieving 500k sales? that’s great news! I myself bought various ones of these for friends 😀

As to reports/improvements:
    there is one very minor inquiry here but it improves user experience 😉
    When entering online servers and joining a friend’s game there is this one thing me and my friends always are a little weary of:

Double clicking a game opens the window to enter the password of the game (great so far!) but there is 2 little things:

1. You can’t start writing the password, as you first need to manually click into the password entering box, which just is not smooth at all. please, just change that so you can enter the passwort immediately after double clicking or clicking “join”.
    2. After entering the password, we manually need to click “ok”. Again, this is not smooth. It would be nice if we could simply hit enter and its done, like in most password entering schemes anywhere. I know we complain about first world problems here but having to click everything manually is just not a smooth experience and current anymore.
    When reloading often or playing a lot of games, that really gets annoying. It would be awesome if you could implement that into the next patch and it would surely not pass by unnoticed – everyone would recognize AoW 3 just got a little smoother 😉

Again: Let me tell you that I really love the series, loved every part of it and played them all. I am an embassador of Age of Wonders and ‘converted’ a lot of friends over the years, probably around 10 to 20.
    I am very happy about the result and am excited about what comes next!

You’ve doen a great job, I hope you will continue doing so in the future – especially your cooperation and attention to your fans.

Thanks, Triumph! (:

Mourioche

In the meantime Age of Wonders 3 has quietly moved beyond 500k sales of the base game, with a similar amount in DLC packages. So it looks like we might have to cancel our plans to make the next title a free to play casual game.

Very happy to read this;
    For you, for games, for players.
    I never play free to play games; i don’t like this model.
    I don’t like game where i don’t know how many i have to pay to play with.

Also, we’ve been gathering updates for AoW3 for a future patch. So please keep sending us reports

Is it just a patch for some reported bugs, or something in the gameplay ?
    If you patch something in the gameplay, could you change the surrender-mecanism for AI ? When a leader surrender you gain this leader as hero, that is correct; but you also gain random stack(s) of units which break something in the game too.
    I suggest to disband all other units instead of giving these units for a player for nothing.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Mourioche.

Please fix the bug that causes certain leaders to appear as heroes in the game. It has already been acknowledged that you can fix it, and it would be a terrible mistake to leave such an immersion ruining bug in the game.

Lord Zytozid

Do you know when the patch will approximately come?
    Like, in the next month or after?

Blessing of Health to you all!

Aloha

Gloweye

Please fix the bug that causes certain leaders to appear as heroes in the game. It has already been acknowledged that you can fix it, and it would be a terrible mistake to leave such an immersion ruining bug in the game.

Doing so would make it impossible to load any game where either of those heroes has been recruited already. That’s why they didn’t.

And I don’t see how it would ruin immersion tbh..they’re still in-universe characters and all that.

Doing so would make it impossible to load any game where either of those heroes has been recruited already. That’s why they didn’t.

And I don’t see how it would ruin immersion tbh..they’re still in-universe characters and all that.

Yeah, but there’s no sense in leaving a game flawed forever for the sake of save games that will last a few months at the absolute most. And it does ruin the immersion when you’ve got two identical characters on the map, one a leader and one a hero, usually working for different factions. Are they twins? Not only that, but it means the balance of the game is out of whack, since those heroes aren’t supposed to exist.

Also, I’m pretty sure someone fixed it themselves and found that it didn’t break any save games. They just got a message saying that the hero in question doesn’t exist, but the game continued on anyway.

Draxynnic

That is breaking the save. Yes, it still loads, but that could be a player’s most powerful hero that disappears – a bit rude to do in an automatically applied patch.

Probably makes good material for a mod that people can apply as they choose, though (particularly if the mod bundles in replacement heroes).

I can’t begin to understand a mentality that would prefer that a game remain broken forever for the sake of a single hero in a single savegame. I’m just saying that I’d very much like this bug fixed, personally. I also never use mods. Shouldn’t have to either.

Tibbles

You don’t break thousands of potential save games for something only ~2 people care about.
    That’s a terrible idea

Leon Feargus

I also never use mods. Shouldn’t have to either.

I have just started using (and building) mods.
    Some of them are awesome beyond words and enhance gameplay/immersion.

I think you’re right stating that you shouldn’t have to use them, but keep in mind that the game was built with the intention of giving the community the tools to enhance it and offer the possibility to change things according to personal preferences.

SaschaJ

Congratulations and many thanks to everyone who improved my favorite game during the past 2 years !!!
    I really would like to make a wish for the upcoming patch… could you implement (after preparation as a template) the dark elves as a official race in the game?
    It would be so wonderful 🙂
    Nearly everything is perfect now but there is one thing in my mind after playing AoW3 hundreds of hours…
    I would have preferred the undead as a complete race with only one option of choosing a hero-leader-class: the necromancer. Perhaps in addition with some changes for the possibly heroes: a dark knight instead of a warlord, a lich instead of a sorcerer, a vampire instead of a rogue, etc… it’s just a thought.
    Can’t wait for the upcoming expansion pack 🙂
    I wish you all the best — a true fan.

Joni

Hey dear Triumph Studios

“More news from us soon”

– It’s been almost three months since the latest non-announcement and I (and everybody else as well I guess) am very eager to learn about your new game project. Could you maybe kindly let us know when to expect some kind of in-depth or even agonizingly non-specific update? 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Khelle

@joni Triumph had relatively small amount of time dedicated to development of their new game, so even if they wanted to tell us something about their new game I doubt they have anything worth showing to public. In the journal they said few things about testing new prototypes and doing tech improvements, so they probably are still working on engine and art direction of the next game. Still, whatever they do (I hope for TBS), I am sure their game will be amazing so we have to be patient and stick to AoW3 and other games for awhile 🙂

@joni Triumph had relatively small amount of time dedicated to development of their new game, so even if they wanted to tell us something about their new game I doubt they have anything worth showing to public. In the journal they said few things about testing new prototypes and doing tech improvements, so they probably are still working on engine and art direction of the next game. Still, whatever they do (I hope for TBS), I am sure their game will be amazing so we have to be patient and stick to AoW3 and other games for awhile :)

Well I saw on Facebook that they’re looking for an Illustrator…

Taykor

– It’s been almost three months since the latest non-announcement and I (and everybody else as well I guess) am very eager to learn about your new game project. Could you maybe kindly let us know when to expect some kind of in-depth or even agonizingly non-specific update?

I wonder if we can get a brand new non-announcement at least. They are fun, too! We can speculate about them for a long time.

Com’on guys give us some news… we are the ever-faithful backbone of the elite-fans of this game, we deserve some insights…!!

omgsuperman

Hi Newish player here. I did buy the game at launch but did not get into it until recently when I got the DLCs during the summer sale. Having a blast!

Could the new game be Age of Wonders Shadow Warrior II?

Would be great to have 3 levels of the map to go crazy over!

omgsuperman

I meant Shadow Magic II

Draxynnic

That seems to be a pretty safe bet for the next Age of Wonders installment. What hasn’t been announced is whether that’s what Triumph is working on, or whether they’re planning to dip into a different world and come back to Athla later.

Hey devs, is the “new game” still happening or you guys forgot about it? :p

Mr.Lost

well,the news is already one year past.Anything new?

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.