[ArchLinux] Strange water in tactical battle

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Linux Specific [ArchLinux] Strange water in tactical battle

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SALVO uan keBALDO 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I have a problem to report (I don’t know if this is the right section or the “Technical issues” one). I have AoW 3 + GR + EL in ArchLinux, updated to actual beta but I’ve had this problem since buying (right after the linux version came out). When I fight on water, the water tiles are white and shimmering, impeding vision.

Graphical card, with drivers:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 124d
    	Kernel driver in use: i915
    --
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M/820M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M] (rev a1)
    	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. GeForce GT 710M
    	Kernel driver in use: nouveau

I’d like to know if I can solve this problem without installing Nvidia proprietary drivers.

I attach a photo of the battlefield. I’m using “High” details, no shadows and no additional graphic box is checked in the launcher. Changing those settings didn’t help.

Too big image, I’ll link it.

Lascha

Hmm. Haven’t seen this issue before. The ocean/water in water combat maps is animated with bones. It might be that the limit for the amount of bone matrices is exceeded. But I don’t know how you’d fix something like this.

Any chance you could reproduce this in ‘Debug’ mode (see Launcher misc. tab) and then send the log file to savegames@triumphstudios.com? If the shader failed to compile or link, then the error should be logged there. The log is only generated in ‘Debug’ mode and can be found in /home/<linux username>/.local/share/AoW3/Logs. It has the name format: ####_####log.txt. When you’ve sent the log file, then please also post a comment in this thread so I get a notification to look up the e-mail.

Today I switched to proprietary Nvidia drivers as I was also having other problems with nouveau. This solved the problem, and I’ve removed the old driver, so I cannot reproduce the bug anymore without reinstalling it.

I think that AoW3 and nouveau just cannot live together. Thank you for answering, anyway, I was just going to post my solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.