Are Public Baths, Hospitals and Grand Temples any good?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Are Public Baths, Hospitals and Grand Temples any good?

This topic contains 45 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author

+1 on +5 Gold +50 Happiness on Public Baths, instead of usual +100 Hapiness; Keep the current cost or decrease by 25g.

+1 on -25g on Store House, also reworks on Hafling RG Eco 1 to something else.

+1 on anything that makes Hospital help during Sieges battles, don’t need to be my idea of extra unit in field, can work like the Racial Defensive Building, granting +10-15HP for the most damage unit you own on the field.

SaintTodd

I have to think most of the players here prefer the summoning classes, because if you take the production classes, happiness buildings are essential. That’s my experience. You can’t just keep building units if can’t afford the maintenance.

Zakharov

In the short term, you can produce more units if you have cities produce merchandise instead of happiness buildings. You can use these units to gain a long-term advantage.

NINJEW

i am a dreadnought main

In the short term, you can produce more units if you have cities produce merchandise instead of happiness buildings. You can use these units to gain a long-term advantage.

Not me, the only summoning class I like is the Arch Druid, and i still prefeer Dreadnought, Warlord and Theocrat over it. And Sorcerer is the Class i dislike the most (used to be Rogue, but I’m starting to like rogues).

Garresh

I have to think most of the players here prefer the summoning classes, because if you take the production classes, happiness buildings are essential. That’s my experience. You can’t just keep building units if can’t afford the maintenance.

Not sure as to demographics, but for me personally it’s more effective to build a Temple and then cast Iron Grip, as it gives more happiness than that production path while also providing a little extra mana(I think it goes from 20 mana upkeep to 14 mana upkeep when factoring in happiness gains on Shrine + Temple IIRC).

SpiritSeeker

How about Public Bath or Hospital reduces the upkeep for the city garrison?

Makes sense, sort of. I mean, dirty, tired, sick soldiers are bound to be more grumpy than clean, comfortable, healthy soldiers.
    It could fit into a more defensive strategy, where defending your cities better can be more viable. It would be something you would invest in if you suspect you going to have to turtle.

Garresh

I saw a suggestion in another thread that looks promising. Give Public Baths and Hospitals a way to boost racial governance tech speed. Frankly, I’d invest in those pretty often if that was a thing.

Gloweye

I saw a suggestion in another thread that looks promising. Give Public Baths and Hospitals a way to boost racial governance tech speed. Frankly, I’d invest in those pretty often if that was a thing.

Good plan, this one.

ExNihil

Why thank you, it was mine 🙂

2much

Hospitals attract mercenaries.

that’s a first post! welcome to the forum Lord 2much,

Hospitals attract mercenaries.

And how do you see this? why should mercs be attracted to an hospital? and more important how do they appear? as units that offer to join (like a hero) or more that you can buy them as in an inn?

2much

They come to get their wounds healed then offer their services for gold. Haven’t gotten the inn mechanic to work in my games, but yeah, I think it would be like having an inn in your domain.

They come to get their wounds healed then offer their services for gold. Haven’t gotten the inn mechanic to work in my games, but yeah, I think it would be like having an inn in your domain.

It is still a bit far fetched but it could be interesting to have an “hire” building in your city you can use to hire units.

Crivvens

Why thank you, it was mine 🙂

This is way better. Even if it just applied to the baths it would improve the value of the whole chain by association.

Gloweye

How about switching Baths and Hospital around, moving some Happiness from Hospital to Baths along with some cost, and adding a 50% RG-from-this-city bonus to the Baths?

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.