Are there plans to further remedy TIV spam?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Are there plans to further remedy TIV spam?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Low_K 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Asmodeus

I’ve left the game for quite a long time after I had encountered the same T4 dominated endgame that made me quit AoW II SM years ago. Returning now, I’ve found the situation slightly better… But not because there was any kind of rebalancing between tiers, the T4s are just harder to produce now.

Not exactly the optimal solution for the problem. Did the dear devs mention anything about repairing the late game in any further manner? 🙂 It kind of makes or breaks the game for me.

*scratches head*

*Point to search*

Welcome to the forums!

Asmodeus

Eh… It’s a sea of chaos and confusion, I tell ya!

And thanks. 😀

Jaduggar

BBB is right… you should search this, because it has been asked a million times.

But I will add a short answer, as well:

“YES” (in the next patch… give it a couple of months)

Asmodeus

Awesome. 🙂 Much obliged. BTW, while combing the forums and the great Interwebs as such I’ve found some troubling info… Is it true that the next content pack will also be the last? Would be a shame, there’s so much space for new stuff…

Charlatan

On the long term? The plan is “Tier 5 Spam”

Stormwind

I’ve left the game for quite a long time after I had encountered the same T4 dominated endgame that made me quit AoW II SM years ago. Returning now, I’ve found the situation slightly better… But not because there was any kind of rebalancing between tiers, the T4s are just harder to produce now.

Not exactly the optimal solution for the problem. Did the dear devs mention anything about repairing the late game in any further manner? :) It kind of makes or breaks the game for me.

I am curious what would pass for a solution.

Jaduggar

Awesome. :) Much obliged. BTW, while combing the forums and the great Interwebs as such I’ve found some troubling info… Is it true that the next content pack will also be the last? Would be a shame, there’s so much place for new stuff…

This is not known for sure., but it was a developer who suggested it originally, in this dev journal here so you could say that this suggestion holds merit, although you will no longer find the comments on the post.

Hey this is the first AoW game that even has expansions! We’ll keep supporting AoW3 as long as we reasonably can, both through new premium content and free features. I removed the blurb regarding it being possibly the last expansion, not to draw too much attention to it and let’s focus on all the cool stuff we can add!

Re: Number of expansions, hope you understand that this really depends on how the game and expansion will perform in the coming months, so spread the word :-)

In other words… this could very well be the last expansion. It all depends on the sales. AGE opened up to 10k sales on day one (Steam), and GOG only sells about one-fourth of what Steam does, so I cannot imagine that this game has sold more than 50k games so far (and this is a very generous assumption, based on that small amount of info).

You cant keep a studio in business selling to a community like that. The chances of this game getting the kind of DLC library that a Civ game gets, are pretty low. But Triumph has won me over… Im a fan, now. I dont know what theyre going to be doing after this, but I am going to be following them, with my interest and my wallet.

I am curious what would pass for a solution.

All i know is that they are planning to “address the way the AI handles city founding and unit selection”. Seeing as every third post on the forum is about one of those two topics, and all of them refer to it as SPAM, one can only assume that they are being reigned in somehow.

Asmodeus

Eh. Here’s to the long life of the game. Would be a crying shame if it started to wither so quickly. omw to spam it on facebook ’til my clicking finger snaps…

SikBok
    Keymaster

But Triumph has won me over… Im a fan, now. I dont know what theyre going to be doing after this, but I am going to be following them, with my interest and my wallet.

Thanks for the support Jaduggar.

omw to spam it on facebook ’til my clicking finger snaps…

Thanks Asmodeus : )>

If you want to help Triumph out on AoW3 even more, please rate us on Metacritic – yes, that does actually help – write a review – on Steam, Gog, etc – and recommend the game on other forums is you like it.

And to answer OP, we discussed ways of making AI unit composition more entertaining only yesterday. If that one works out it’ll likely make it into next patch we’ll make public.

Gloweye

@sikbok

I don’t mean to stalk you or anything, but, er…
    ————
    On topic:

IMO, T4 spam is already almost gone. I completed GR lvl 1 on hard yesterday, and despite Malzua taking the Paragon EQ on turn 23(And Centurion around turn 50, despite me having taken down already over 50 of her units by that point..), I’ve seen maybe six, seven horrors, and maybe double that Shrines from Roger.

Jolly Joker

The problem will solve itself, if you can solve the settlemania problem with the AI. If that’s reigned in to a reasonable – that is, justifiable with a view on “settling ground” and “military guarding ability” – level, T4s will appear in lesser numbers automatically.

Low_K

@sikbok

I don’t mean to stalk you or anything, but, er…<br>
    ————<br>
    On topic:

IMO, T4 spam is already almost gone. I completed GR lvl 1 on hard yesterday, and despite Malzua taking the Paragon EQ on turn 23(And Centurion around turn 50, despite me having taken down already over 50 of her units by that point..), I’ve seen maybe six, seven horrors, and maybe double that Shrines from Roger.

Now try to play a game which spans into the 130+ turns. The spam is still there.

Kind regards,

Low

Edit; Thanks Sikbok. Looking forward to your solution.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.