[FIXED] Assertion help

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making [FIXED] Assertion help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jasonteala 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

So, I was playing around in the LevelEd after (finally) getting my new screen to actually work with it again and I came across this never-ending Assertion:

Assertion!

Assertion failed: “pPos.L==FLevel”
    ..\source\HexWorld/Core/GCHexMao.h(318): (click to open)

Press OK to continue

Or as a picture

The things I did just prior to the assertion were the following:
    -Added 4 additonal surface layers (5 Surface, and 1 Underground in total)
    -Renamed and reordered layers
    -Added a ressource skydome tp the Underground (Hero Sorcercer background)
    -Removed Underground layer
    -Added some decorations, strcutures and roads to the Surface layer 1
    -Tried to place some river water
    -Assertion plops up with no way to close except from termianting the tab.

Any help how to solve this would be of great assistance.

Eric

Sounds like your map got corrupt somehow. Could you send you map to aow3support@triumphstudios.com so we can have a look? We might be able to fix it for you, no guarantees though.

Thariorn

Ok, I’ve send a mail to you.
    Fortunately, the map is just as it was prior to the steps I’ve described earlier.
    Thanks in advance, even if nothing turns up 🙂

Charlatan

Hey Thariorn,

do I get it right the assertion pops up when you try to place the river water?
    Or does it appear anytime now when you open the map?

Maybe this helps: I saw this assertion quite a few times, and it can be re-produced easily, but for me it is never stuck in a loop, it only appears once and can simply be clicked away.

Pick any Player – Go to a Map Layer where the Player is not present – Click “Go to City” in the Leaders tab.

The Editor will try to go there but can’t switch Layers for you, thus the assertion.

To keep re-appearing for you, something like this must be stuck in the layers and constantly loop this error.

Eric

We managed to reproduce the bug. It happens when you remove a layer that is not the last one that is has been added. We have a fix for it but the next patch might be a while out. As a work around, remove the underground layer before added your new surface layers. Then it shouldn’t be throwing the assert.

Thariorn

We have a fix for it but the next patch might be a while out. As a work around, remove the underground layer before added your new surface layers. Then it shouldn’t be throwing the assert.

Ok then, seems like a reasonable way to avoid it and an upcoming fix is even better, thanks.

Jasonteala

Приветствую Вас! Мое имя Шелестова Надежда. Занимаюсь продажами. Мой опыт работы составляет 7 лет. Я сотрудничала с такими клиентами, как Латуэль, и др.

Буквально на днях на наш рынок пришло эксклюзивное предложение, которое я Вам и берусь рекомендовать.

Это Нежнейший тропический фрукт – Мангустин, который стал инновацией в диетологии!

Внутри него содержится ОГРОМНОЕ число полезных элементов, способных возбудить активное жиросжигание и минимизирующих вес!

Сироп мангустина растопит до 10 кило жировых скоплений за 2 недели!
    Спаситесь от лишних кило и сведите к минимуму опасность инфаркта, диабета и гипертонии на 89%.

Вы имеете возможность его купить для собственных нужд и друзьям у нас на официальном ресурсе: http://mangjoo77.mangoosteen.com/

Контактный номер: 8 (925) 266-49-73

С уважением к Вам Шелестова Надежда.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.