*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 368 total)
  • Author

ronza149

Hello Hounds!!! XD

Perq

He means a fix for “all players watch manual combat in multiplayer” issue. This is something that I sad would be fixed sometime around the first patch and which unfortunately fell off the schedule. The problem with the feature is that we thought it would be easy to implement, and then we ran into a bunch of technical issues with it and the people who were needed fix it were the same people who were really busy fixing all the multiplayer/networking issues. I’m hoping that we can get the feature done for the next patch, but I can’t promise anything since it’s beyond my personal control.

Thanks guys.

Rabiator

1.2 settings change
    It is nice to have the option to play a slower game, BUT the ordering of the dropdown menus is bad.
    – For “game speed” the SLOWEST is AT THE TOP
    – For “starting resources” the LOWEST AMOUNT is AT THE BOTTOM
    – For “Starting skills” the LOWEST AMOUNT is AT THE BOTTOM

Please fix it to make all of them have the same direction in the menus from lowest to highest.
    Please allow for all of these settings to be saved …

Windscion

Unable to reproduce earlier issues. Probably related to many reloads.

feal87

Thanks a lot for this patch, the “Wait for GPU” option fixed completely my overheating issues without impacting much speed (gone down from 50 FPS to 46 FPS).

Ricminator

Is there a way to check if the patch is applied correctly? I installed the patch and started a completely new game, but one thing still occured:
    • The strategic AI will no longer build cities right on the edge of another player’s domain
    see the screenshot: the yellow player still squeezed in a couple of towns in some unwanted places in my game.

Secondly
    when the yellow player entered my domain sometimes the notification pop-up is empty and doesn’t tell me which unit was responsible for that.
    see second screenshot

Taykor

Taykor wrote:

Will the health of Phantasm Warriors be increased? Ancestral Spirits got an upgrade (as most of melee units did).

Maybe instead of what would have to change the system Disjunction in tactical battles, try to limit Casting points for the players?

Do you propose to nerf spellcasters (further) to make useful a few spells ?

One thing that is annoying is that Age of Deception reduces empire happiness for allies. When I am allied with a CPU and they cast it, I can’t disjunct it without breaking the alliance obviously, but the happiness debuff still affects me. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it makes alliances with the CPU highly undesirable, especially since the changes to fumbles making them even worse than before.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Taykor wrote:</div>
    Will the health of Phantasm Warriors be increased? Ancestral Spirits got an upgrade (as most of melee units did).

To be fair, casting ancestral Spirits was previously the equivalent of throwing hundred dollar bills into a fire.

KEa

Do you propose to nerf spellcasters (further) to make useful a few spells ?

No.
    i’m propose to nerf spellcasters, that would make the power of magic to be independent of the number of cities. As it was in the previous parts AOW.
    This proposal is logical. And most importantly – it will make gameplay more interesting.

I think we should:
    1) allowed to do only Palace in the throne city (to decouple the power of magic on the number of cities)
    2) Dispel and Disjunction – must act with a certain probability. Dependent forces dispeling spells.
    3) It would be nice to limit spam cities in the empire – that would limit the amount of resources. For example typing morality penalties for cities that are far from the throne of the city. And the farther away from the throne of the city – the more fines.

Windscion

Why should the power of spellcasters be independent of the number of cities when the power of a warlord is directly dependent upon the number of cities he has? On large maps Sorcs/Druids are at a disadvantage. And you want to take away the only small scaling efect they get with # of cities?

Go play a summoner and see what your ideas would do.

Arrgh! I got sucked into a tangential discussion. Forgive me, mods!

Taykor

This proposal is logical. And most importantly – it will make gameplay more interesting.

Like hell it would. And there is nothing logical in it. Windscion already nicely explained why.
    My idea of an interesting gameplay for a spellcaster – is a permanent Age of Magic. For starters. Naturally I’m strongly opposed to any attempts to limit already restricted capabilities of spellcasters (which are actually forced to be almost exclusively summoners – there is no other tool for winning).
    Conserning 2) – devs already stated they didn’t like randomness in disjunction.
    3) as I remember devs probably thinking to somehow tune game economy.

Taykor wrote:

Taykor wrote:

KEa

Go play a summoner and see what your ideas would do.

I’m play mostly summoners.
    You all played in previous series AOW? Why is there no such problems ..

Like hell it would. And there is nothing logical in it. Windscion already nicely explained why.

Windscion – does not know what he says. No need to repeat the mistakes of others. Sorry if it sounds insulting.

Naturally I’m strongly opposed to any attempts to limit already restricted capabilities of spellcasters

You read all the essence of my pritenzy? You are satisfied that in the later stages of the game, you almost can not use Chaos rift against the AI, because it immediately removes it? And wait until he spends mana does not work – because it it A LOT! And in the early stages of the game – you can not use Chaos rift – because you have not learned it yet, or not at him mana.
    If it suits you – I have no more questions.

Mezmorki

I can’t remember if this has been mentioned – but is the description for the Draconian’s Dragon Ancestry ability on their support unit wrong? It seems to be giving my units +FIRE damage in addition to (maybe?) the other listed effects. What if Ancestry supposed to be doing?

Didymus1492

Mez, the description of Draconian heritage makes it sound like the dwarven priest buff: Fire Strike (+1 Fire Damage, Melee only), but in fact it grants +5 fire damage to (melee & ranged and this includes wand attacks as well as bow/dart attacks). This caused me to devalue draconians for far too long, when in fact they make amazing defenders, with their fast regen on top. And Druids with Draco Shamans can benefit from DH and then go into the thick of battle and survive because they have twice as much health as the Elders. By themselves Elders are a bit fragile unless behind walls.

Mezmorki

So what does Dragon Ancestry do? Is it only +5 FIRE damage or does it also do +40% fire protection, +First Strike, +MORALE?

Taykor

Windscion – does not know what he says. No need to repeat the mistakes of others. Sorry if it sounds insulting.

Not only I am pretty sure he knows what he says, but also what he says is reasonable. To compete with town producing classes spellcasters should be able to scale their potential while acquiring more towns. It is actually obvious. Hence casting points from towns are welcome.

You read all the essence of…

The problem is, you are proposing to cure a headache by beheading. Moreover, I’m pretty sure AI almost never builds Palaces. So your proposal would only harm players.
    In short, your suggestion is just nonsensical. I don’t think I should further discuss it.

KEa

The problem is, you are proposing to cure a headache by beheading. Moreover, I’m pretty sure AI almost never builds Palaces. So your proposal would only harm players.
    In short, your suggestion is just nonsensical. I don’t think I should further discuss it.

Ok.
    I understand your point of view.
    Well – leave only Dispel / Disjunction. You do not like the probability of failure during removal spells in combat. But the problem of spam Dispel / Disjunction AI (and the players) remains. Your suggestions – how to solve it?

DDS300

Hi

i think there’s a bug when i send an item on courier to a hero, it stay in courier state (i can see that the icon of the item is a package-wrap) and i can’t drop it or send to another hero, unless i switch it with another item on the ground, and it happens every time i send an item to another hero no matter when .

Edit: it didn’t happen at the start of the game (it’s on a generated map)

DDS300

i forgot to mention that when the hero equip the item it doesn’t give the hero any state .

i have attached a game save file .

DDS300

it didn’t let me attache a game save file .

fantasyindi

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

I can launch my game now via GOG with this patch 🙂

i just have to wait only one month for the “good patch”, and i know it’s a big work.

Thx Triumph Studio !

Taykor

You do not like the probability of failure during removal spells in combat. But the problem of spam Dispel / Disjunction AI (and the players) remains. Your suggestions – how to solve it?

I am fine with a probability of failure for disjunction. The problem is, the devs are not fine with it at all. They actually explicitly stated that. So we have to find other ways. I proposed increased percent cost for disjunction – 120% of casting cost, for example.
    Besides, me and vyolin proposed casting system for battles where powerfull spells should be conjured for several turns and therefore disjunction would require several turns too.

Bob5

So what does Dragon Ancestry do? Is it only +5 FIRE damage or does it also do +40% fire protection, +First Strike, +MORALE?

Dragon Ancestry gives +5 fire damage to all immediate attacks, melee, ranged, and even immediate spells like chain lightning. It also gives a unit High morale, so +200 morale. This does not stack with other effects that give high morale, like a hero that gives it to the entire stack. And it gives 40% extra fire protection on top of whatever the unit already had. It does not give first strike.

esvath

I proposed increased percent cost for disjunction – 120% of casting cost, for example.

powerfull spells should be conjured for several turns and therefore disjunction would require several turns too.

I agree on both proposals.

Morty

I hope we’ll get more racial abilities for class-based units that will be a bit more original in the future. The ones we just got are certainly good, but there are more possibilities out there than just blight damage for goblins and longbows for elves.

Koscht

These new racial units are a good idea, but…

I think you guys either went a bit far, or not far enough.

That elf longbow perk wasn’t that huge. It kept elf mounted archers and hunters from feeling like a downgrade from the basic archer, when they were supposed to be an upgrade.

But those Draconian and Orc perks to Tier III units… Man. Tireless is one of the strongest traits a melee unit can have. Giving that to Orc Warbreeds isn’t like giving longbows to elf Hunters. It’s more like giving flight and first strike to, well, the Elf warbreeds.

There’s also a real imbalance when it comes to the classes. Theocrat only gets bonuses from Draconians or Orcs. Sorcrerer only gets it from Draconians, since the Apprenice is their only racial unit.

I really think it would be best to:

1. Give all Apprentices something race-related (Curse for Orcs, blight bolts for Goblins, stunning touch for elves, so on). Sorcerers only get the one unit – if only some races (or one race) give them a perk, there’s no reason not to stick to that race.

2. Give all Evangelists their race’s bolt (making just the Draconian one a ranged unit is very weird).

3. Add more racial bonuses to even things out – with more Tier III units and some more tier II bonuses to Orcs and Draconians. High Elves in particular are seriously lacking with just the bows.

Good units to look at for unique traits might be:

High Elf Assassins or the High Elf Succubus (since there’s no reason why Elves shouldn’t be good Rogues).

Human Exalted – the iconic Angel.

Draconian Exalted and the Draconian Succubus (as the only race that already HAD wings before becoming one of these).

Human Phalanx. Maybe the Elven Phalanx, too.

Orc Berserkers.

Draconian Mounted Archers (like fire damage, or even that fire bomb – don’t even try to tell me that raptor they ride doesn’t look HORRIFYING)

High Elf Crusaders or Exalted (unless Elf Theocrat is meant to be a weak/underused combo).

Goblin Shaman (for extra blight).

Warbreeds in general. The unit doesn’t really live up to its half-Ogre/half-(race) kit. If the Orc one gets Tireless, then Dwarven, Draconian, and Goblin Warbreeds all sound like things that should also be pretty scary (Fire damage and fire resistance on the Draconian and Dwarf, Plague damage and resistance on the Goblin).

ecgbert

I’m hoping this is the right thread.

I’ve been casting “Condemn Killing” which according to the description is meant to improve the alignment towards good by 50.
    Checking the alignment after combat has resulted in no change.

hilfazer

I’m hoping this is the right thread.

I’ve been casting “Condemn Killing” which according to the description is meant to improve the alignment towards good by 50.<br>
    Checking the alignment after combat has resulted in no change.

I’m afraid it’s not the best place for this kind of problem.
    http://ageofwonders.com/forums/forum/help-support/ would be better.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  President.

Narvek
    Keymaster

A few quick answers:

We currently don’t have any plans of increasing the Phantasm Warrior’s hitpoints, Cato.. uh, I mean, Takyor 😉

We will change Age of Deception affecting allies.

We’re looking into disjunction.

We’re not done with the racial diversification yet.

DDS300, could you send an email to support with the savegame attached? (see email address here (at the bottom): http://ageofwonders.com/support/)

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.