*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 368 total)
  • Author

Mezmorki

Can anyone verify what the full abilities of the Draconian’s Dragon Ancestry ability is? As I mentioned a few posts ago, the description in the tooltips and Tome of Wonders is completely wrong.

IngmarB

The Dragon Ancestry ability was working correctly, and the description was also correct. It gives +40% Fire Protection, High Morale and the Fire Strike ability. However– Fire Strike gives +5 fire damage (both melee and ranged).

The Dwarven Forge Priest’s Guardian Flame ability description was incorrect. This caused some confusion as this ability also said it gives Fire Strike, but actually it only gave +2 Fire damage to melee attacks. This will be updated in the coming patch.

So–

Dragon Ancestry:
    – 40% Fire Protection
    – High Morale
    – Fire Strike

Guardian Flame:
    – 40% Fire Protection
    – Heal 10 HP
    – Adds 2 Fire damage to melee attacks

Mezmorki

The Dragon Ancestry ability was working correctly, and the description was also correct. It gives +40% Fire Protection, High Morale and the Fire Strike ability. However– Fire Strike gives +5 fire damage (both melee and ranged).

:Facepalm:

In game I was reading “fire strike” as “FIRST strike” – hence wondering WTF was going on with the mysteriously added fire damage. Thank you for setting me straight!

Taykor

We currently don’t have any plans of increasing the Phantasm Warrior’s hitpoints, Cato.. uh, I mean, Takyor 😉

It’s a pity. =( But thanks for the answer, it is welcomed!

Merkraad

Heroes limited by race is awesome, thank you for this option 🙂

BUT Could we also get Heroes joining limited by class too please? 🙂

Ichthyic

BUG:

on empire campaign map 2, I sometimes during end of turn see “executing automove” appear, and then get a new window that pops up telling me that:

ASSERTION FAILED: “FStatisticsDataList.Getcount()”
    plus some code…
    followed by:

“Message: Incorrect amount of data in the statistics!”

and then it locks up.

If I close the assertion window, it starts up again, but the dev window now tells me I have a memory leak.

shutting down the program and restarting does not help.

hlsmith

I have to agree with so many others here, awesome patches, just f@#%ing awesome.

I have one issue, I don’t know if it’s been brought up already. I’ve noticed that when I’ve used convert to take control of a unit it can be dispelled. I’m not sure yet if this is the same with charm/seduce but it doesn’t make sense to me that it’s able to be negated with dispel (which is defined as being able to remove magical enchantments) when these abilities are a form of mind control and not magic. I’m wondering if this can be reworked somehow but I’m aware that by just removing the ability to dispel mind control effects may cause mind control units to be overpowered.

Thanks… and can’t wait for the expansion, hurry up already 😛

EDIT: also I feel that it makes the ‘break mind control’ ability a little redundant/useless, but maybe that’s just me.

Narvek
    Keymaster

on empire campaign map 2, I sometimes during end of turn see “executing automove” appear, and then get a new window that pops up telling me that:

ASSERTION FAILED: “FStatisticsDataList.Getcount()”<br>
    plus some code…<br>
    followed by:

“Message: Incorrect amount of data in the statistics!”

and then it locks up.

If I close the assertion window, it starts up again, but the dev window now tells me I have a memory leak.

shutting down the program and restarting does not help.

Are you running the game in debug mode? The assert should be possible to click through. And you should not run the game in debug mode.
    I hope that solves the issue for you!

Terpey

This patch is not so good.
    Few mounth i wait when i can play with my friends on-line with Simultaneous fights. But nope, i must lost my time and see like my friend fight. +++ this is not good for balance. I know his army.

In AOW2 i can play without this problem. When u Change that?

Narvek
    Keymaster

It was actually the same in the previous AoW’s. Maybe you played in classic turns then? In classic turns it’s different.

Terpey

It was actually the same in the previous AoW’s. Maybe you played in classic turns then? In classic turns it’s different.

Its not intresting for me. I want to economy my time.

MartyD81

Slightly off-topic: The new race (or the planned new content coming along with it) that is currently in the works, will it be available in the form of a free update, or a paid DLC? I sincerely hope in the former possibility…

Malefic

The latest gog patch, game installer + the 2 dlc installer have a small problem. The extra maps from the dlc’s are stored in the maps folder for the gog version and in their own folders for the steam one.
    However the latest gog files manage to create the 2 steam related dlc folders and one of the dlc maps is present twice, once in its regular maps folder together with the other maps and another copy in its own dlc folder. Which of the 2 locations is actually used by the gog version of the game (and why not keep the files and folders structure consistent between the steam and gog versions)?

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi Malefic,

I just checked the files we delivered to GoG for the patches, but those all check out. I’ll have this tested here in the office, but I suspect its either a local issue, or some mishap with the installer.

zealot83

I agree with Merkraad,I too would to see hero’s limited by class or the choice to choose what classes come up for hire in the game.

Malefic

Hi Malefic,

I just checked the files we delivered to GoG for the patches, but those all check out. I’ll have this tested here in the office, but I suspect its either a local issue, or some mishap with the installer.

I think the problem resides with the current gog installer for the Elven resurgence scenario (version 2.3.0.7).
    The “heartwood.sam” file appears twice in “content\dlc0\maps” and in “content\title\maps”.

“Builder units can now build bridges over 1 hex of water (requires basic seafaring research). Bridges cannot be built next to cities or bridges. Bridges can only be built if there is a hex on both sides of the river where a road can be built (i.e. Not mountains or lava)”

I’ve tried this a couple of times but the option’s always greyed out. My builder meets all the requirements – 1 hex of water, normal dry land either side of the 1 hex of water, not next to a city, and basic seafaring researched. Any ideas where I’m going wrong?

Thanks so much.

Sathra

Build a road on the water. Literally go next to the river, Build Road, then r-click on the river at the spot.

Took me a while to figure that out. Costs 60 gold and I think it uses up the Builder’s MP like embarking.

Cronatos

One thing’s been bothering me while playing this game: Bard hands.

Most things with hands have vague outlines suggesting fingers (see: Blight Doctors)
    Some have fully articulate fingers (see: Shadow Stalkers)
    Bards have neither. Their hands resemble bricks more than anything else. Any chance we could see this changed?
    Also, Elven Bards in particular – their hands are so small, and their harp-bows so large that they very noticeably clip into each other.

Also road/bridge building is somewhat unintuitive and in-game description for it is lacking. There is no mention of the cost increase of roading over dense vegetation, nor any mention at all of building bridges or their cost.
    Other than improving the description, I think it would also be a good idea to rename it to ‘Build Road/Bridge’ or something.

Also, Draconian Bards and Succubi have hair. I guess you could argue they’re wearing wigs but it still seems off to me.

Also, any chance we could see an option to sort cities by race?

webusver

Great patch! It’s time for everybody to change their ratings of this game to a higher value. Personally I enjoy that my heroes are of my chosen race. I can’t help from hating goblins and was very upset when any of their heroes wanted to join me and no reload could help.

Letzt

Hello

I haven’t played this game since launch because of Tier 4 spam.
    I played yesterday after all these patches I can say there has been serious impovement but not enough yet , The battle field with an emperor Ai after 20 turns is rife with them T4s.
    Please make them more expensive , 800g for the non magical and 400 mana for the magical that will limit them severely and also give an option to take them out of the game completely , that would be the perfect game for me.

Also a bug , at least I think it is , after reloading a campaign save I noticed that all the enemy units became elite , the campaign is The Taming of the Great khan , maybe that is a Warlord skill? even the enemy builders are elite but not any of the AI allies are elite , that run was already bad with manticores everywhere and suddendly they became elite , not pleased at all.

Taykor

The battle field with an emperor Ai after 20 turns is rife with them T4s.

Don’t play with Emperor or King AI. It’s simple.

maybe that is a Warlord skill?

It’s an ultimate Warlord spell. It’s disjunctable, but gold medals will remain.
    Actually, I’m pretty sure it would really be better for you to tune down AI. Emperor AI is there to challenge experienced players at least with great armies (if not with skill).

Besides, in this specific scenario the Warlord is an ‘archenemy’, he has much more towns and armies from the start. To defeat him you need the help of all other players (they are teamed up with you), and AI actually don’t work in team well.

Letzt

A game shows how good or bad it is at higher difficulties . I think that after 20 years of gaming at the hard difficulty against AI and players I would have some skill don’t you think? I think I have done pretty well to hold him with t1 t2 t3 so far and get some the territories in the middle myself.

Manticores the same with all others t4s expect horned gods and eldrich horrors which go down pretty fast have no weakness you can stun them with t1s and t2s elite but doesn’t work that well because they are hard to get afflicted , you have a hard time getting t1s and t2s elite and they come out at you fast.

The verdict is that although there were a lot of improvements the endgame is still stale , its based on numbers and not tactics with a bit of strategy.

Narvek
    Keymaster

I’d suggest trying out a random medium map (no underground) with 2-3 AI opponents on Lord difficulty to see how you like that. This map is not a typical scenario.

Ravenholme

Slightly off-topic: The new race (or the planned new content coming along with it) that is currently in the works, will it be available in the form of a free update, or a paid DLC? I sincerely hope in the former possibility…

The mention it as part of an expansion, expansions are usually paid-for content. And actually, I’m okay with this. Triumph has to make money some how, and I would much rather get some decently sized DLC/Expansion packs than they jump to making another game or expandalone.

I actually want them to put up the ‘upgrade to DE’ option on steam that they’ve talked about because I would gladly give them more money, they deserve it, and if they’re giving me sizeable new content (Race and classes), then they definitely deserve even more of my cash.

siffmeister

This patch is not so good.<br>
    Few mounth i wait when i can play with my friends on-line with Simultaneous fights. But nope, i must lost my time and see like my friend fight. +++ this is not good for balance. I know his army.

In AOW2 i can play without this problem. When u Change that?

+1

I want to play simultan wozu my friends without watching their fights. Let us handle our towns or maybe like hoom5 simultan modus where You fight simultan till u see each other and THEN the aow3 simultan system without watching others fights.

SikBok
    Keymaster

@malefic, on this post

We were unable to reproduce in the office using the GoG installers.
    Can you tell me how you accomplished this?

Also, did anyone else have this issue?

Assuming this is a local issue, the fix would be to manually delete the oldest file.

Letzt

I’d suggest trying out a random medium map (no underground) with 2-3 AI opponents on Lord difficulty to see how you like that. This map is not a typical scenario.

Managed to beat that scenario on emperor by rushing his middle territories therefore limiting his production , AI on emperor , when stacking on cities is easy to defeat because they don’t rush out anymore as long as they have ranged units and those are easy to bait and eliminate on the outer parts of the walls , AI also gather its forces to the point he thinks I will break in making it easy to pick them off with cannons damaging multiple enemies with each shot.

I said that a game shows you how good or bad it is when it is tackled on higher difficulties , what I mean is that it really shows you its flaws and unbalances , for example , the khan scenario is all about working toghether but the allied AI is behaving silly with units all around the map doing not much but exploring , if I am not getting all the heat they lose all their cities aside the main one.

For the AI , we could use options like suggesting a target(city or unit) for them to concetrate and have them suggest us a target with Relation repercussions if we accept or no. Also another problem I noticed on the diplomacy relations :
    When you defeat an enemy but he has cities left which go indipendent , they are hostile against you , what happens here is that on your allies relations list start appearing “Declared war on their ally(-400)” for each city the enemy you defeated had left and he was our common enemy too , I noticed this on the campaign and scenarios.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Hi Letzt,

The things you mention (AI, diplomacy) we have noticed too and are actually fixing at the moment.
    Right now in our tests the AI already is a lot more pro-active! 🙂

Hi Letzt,

The things you mention (AI, diplomacy) we have noticed too and are actually fixing at the moment.<br>
    Right now in our tests the AI already is a lot more pro-active! :)

Get the AI to make my future grandchildren wake up screaming at night and the beers are on me.

Viewing 30 posts - 331 through 360 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.