*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 361 through 368 (of 368 total)
  • Author

Malefic

@malefic, on this post

We were unable to reproduce in the office using the GoG installers.<br>
    Can you tell me how you accomplished this?

Also, did anyone else have this issue?

Assuming this is a local issue, the fix would be to manually delete the oldest file.

I can reproduce the issue on any of my computers.
    I ran first the main installer (setup_age_of_wonders3_2.0.3.7.exe), then the Dragon Throne DLC (setup_aow3_dragons_throne_scenario_2.3.0.7.exe) and last the Elven DLC (setup_aow3_elven_resurgence_scenario_2.3.0.7.exe).
    The first dlc puts the map into the right folder (content\title\maps..) but also creates an empty folder (content\dlc1\maps). The second one puts the elven map in two locations (content\title\maps.. and content\dlc0\maps). The two file are identical (name,size and date of creation).

I hope this helps.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Thanks Malefic, we’ll try to reproduce using your description.

Mourioche

Hi Letzt,

The things you mention (AI, diplomacy) we have noticed too and are actually fixing at the moment.<br>
    Right now in our tests the AI already is a lot more pro-active! :)

Lot of things on the AI should be revised (or fixed !):

– AI go on my territory, tell to me i go on his territory (that is not true), and lower diplomatic relationship to me because of this (this was already posted in this forum)

– AI lower diplomatic relationship to me because “i declare war to one of his ally” (an other AI), that is not true because AI is not tagged as “allied” but only “friend” with the other AI.
    And also: AI never ally with others AI (This was not the case in AoW-SW), is there any code for this AI action in the program ?

– When i was in war against and AI and if i propose peace, AI always accept.
    Thus, a game against AI has something like “easy mode” because i can force an AI to never attack me if I want.

Somewhere in this forum, i have read that AI will be recoded, is it true ?
    From my point of view AI is really the weak link of AoW3.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Yes it’s true, and the rewrite includes what you mention here and more 🙂

Mourioche

Yes it’s true, and the rewrite includes what you mention here and more :)

Wonderfull !

If it not yet in the list of rewriten code, you can eventually watch for this : AI ally to quickly with human.

I means : AI seems to accept alliance if you give him something (like some mana), but don’t evaluate the consequence.

The consequence can be : You win,
    If you success to ally with all AI (even if AI are not allied togethers)
    So, AI give me a “win game” just because she accept alliance.
    I don’t know if it is a design choice,
    Perhaps no – because in AoW-SM it is not the case (all members of alliance must be allied for the win),
    Perhaps yes – but in this case the last AI should refuse to ally : It is like she abandon the game.

Letzt

Hi Letzt,

The things you mention (AI, diplomacy) we have noticed too and are actually fixing at the moment.<br>
    Right now in our tests the AI already is a lot more pro-active! :)

Nice , I am happy to see that you guys are working hard to make this game a better overall experience , looking forward to the next updates.

Karmah

Again , very nice , keep up the good work !

Socratatus

They`re improving diplomacy? Great news! I love a good diplomacy options with an AI that can handle it well (not be tricked easily). Thankyou guys, looking forward to the improvements. Great devs here.

Viewing 8 posts - 361 through 368 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.