*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 368 total)
  • Author

decoy

Yes my Marauder nerf made it in LOL. Also thank for putting in some of my balance suggestions and bugfixes.

Edit: btw did you manage to get my rank upgrade fixes in this patch or are you still working on those?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  President.

hilfazer

I started a game with new patch, I can see the changes but some stuff seems wrong:
    – Dwarf Crossbowman still has 32 HP,
    – Forge Priest has 6 melee damage (was 10 i think), can’t find anything in change log about this.

Morty

The range isn’t the biggest change for Weakening Touch, the biggest change is that it’s not resistable anymore. So, it always works, on anything, even blight immune creatures. I was using it to kill undead in tombs, felt great :D

😀 It does brighten up the day of all who recognize the natural superiority of the goblin race. Does it mean it can actually “remove” blight immunity?

You’re right about us doubling down on the blight damage, it is a bit painful. But on the other hand, more specialization seems to be what most people want, and that extra damage is pretty nice when you’re fighting things which aren’t blight immune.

The problem is that blight immunity and resistance are so commonplace.

Good to know. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much of a reason to bother with them.

Does it mean it can actually “remove” blight immunity?

Yes it does.

And perhaps my understanding of inflict xxx stacking is wrong!

But what does it have to do with Giants?

Morty

That is really, really nice. It should help goblins and rogues considerably against blight-resistant units. There’s only so many blight doctors to go around, of course, but still – your swarm darters won’t ineffectually scratch at that archon titan or bone dragon.

decoy

I think that it was the right move to give this ability to blight doctors. I mean there is around 6000% blight resist combined for all units in the game.

Edit: for reference there is 500% physical, 3000% spirit, 3000%fire, 2000% shock, 1000% frost.

LordTheRon

I knew your support was great, but you really outdid yourselves this time around guys. Huge respect for this huuuuuuge patch.

Taykor

WOW. Great as always!

Watcher for Sorcerers should be nice.

• City operations now complete on new turn instead of on new round.

What does that mean though?

That means, Sorceror Support Units get one chance per combat round to stun a unit, and that chance is less than it was before.

Not at all. It means Storm Sisters on gold will have 3 chances a turn to stun, not 6.

Xei Win Toh

I find it very odd that Goblin (race: -5hp) and Orc (race: +5hp) pikemen/cavalry etc. have the same amount of HP after the patch.

Draconian Apprentice: Will it now have Fire Bomb in addition to or instead of Fairy Fire?

Other than that, can’t wait to play with this patch!

Awesome patch.

My only hope is that the change to racial class units isn’t done yet.

But what does it have to do with Giants?

I think he was referring to the throw stone ability stone giants and trebuchets share. As trebuchet kiting was seen as too much, the change to have it use 3 Ap also nerfed stone giants, which I assume he thinks was unneeded.

I find it very odd that Goblin (race: -5hp) and Orc (race: +5hp) pikemen/cavalry etc. have the same amount of HP after the patch.

They shouldn’t.

Draconian Apprentice: Will it now have Fire Bomb in addition to or instead of Fairy Fire?

Yes.

My only hope is that the change to racial class units isn’t done yet.

Don’t believe so.

I think he was referring to the throw stone ability stone giants and trebuchets share. As trebuchet kiting was seen as too much, the change to have it use 3 Ap also nerfed stone giants, which I assume he thinks was unneeded.

Stone Giants are still uber strong, so no need to complain :).

GUYS, PAY ATTENTION:

BUG IN BETA PATCH>

which is why it’s a beta.

Do NOT use the steam overlay in the mp room, i.e. shift + tab. It crashes the game.

You can use alt-tab and access Steam that way no issues.

Also, some problems starting mp games.

The host will progress into the game, but will be stuck on ‘waiting for other players’.

Other players will be stuck after choosing a leader, and will also be ‘waiting for other players’.

Currently no known workaround. Triumph have been informed (but it’s 2200 in Holland, and they are at home!)

Xei Win Toh

@bloodybattlebrian:

Racial units: Oh derp I didn’t realize the bonus/malus would apply after the BASE HP change from the patch.

Draconian apprentices: Doesn’t answer my question: Do they only have Fire Bomb, or do they have both?

HereticSage

Okay, so far, my friends and I have been unable to launch the game properly in multiplayer. What happens is after choosing leaders, is that the host will get into the game waiting for other players, and everyone else will be in the waiting for other players screen that you get before you get into the map.

Also, steam overlay crashes the game while you’re in the lobby, it seems.

Bob5

Draconian apprentices: Doesn’t answer my question: Do they only have Fire Bomb, or do they have both?

They have both. Also, Draconian Shaman have both poison bolts and fire bolts.

Yeah they have both. The firebomb, throw trap etc abilities are ontop of the unit’s innate stuff.

Yes that means Drac apprentices with Elders will be very scary indeed.

@ Heretic Sage, add me on Steam.

Bob5

Yes that means Drac apprentices with Elders will be very scary indeed.

True that, especially as Inflict stun also works on fire bomb, so you have an AoE attack that inflicts stun. Of course, Draconian archdruids could already get flamers that have a bleeding wounds AoE attack.

grumpysmurf

• Inflict XXX abilities no longer stack, so a unit with 2 copies of Inflict Stun will not have 2 stun checks per hit

This is a nerf to gold storm sisters on sorcerers. I understand that a double check makes them too good, but a +1 or +2 on the resistance check or inflict broken spirit as a reward for reaching gold would be nice

• Stunning Touch Ability now has Resist Strength 13 (was 11), Stun duration 1 combat round (was 2)

So as sorcerers can have access to inflict stun their touch ability has been reduced, but throw net, entangle keep their two turn duration. Hitting sorcerer and storm sisters again.

Reefpirate

• Inflict XXX abilities no longer stack, so a unit with 2 copies of Inflict Stun will not have 2 stun checks per hit

This is a nerf to gold storm sisters on sorcerers. I understand that a double check makes them too good, but a +1 or +2 on the resistance check or inflict broken spirit as a reward for reaching gold would be nice

• Stunning Touch Ability now has Resist Strength 13 (was 11), Stun duration 1 combat round (was 2)

So as sorcerers can have access to inflict stun their touch ability has been reduced, but throw net, entangle keep their two turn duration. Hitting sorcerer and storm sisters again.

I think gold Storm Sisters are just fine considering you can get the ability without School of Enchantment, or without playing Sorceror. If anything this encourages people to try something other than High Elf Sorceror.

Stunning touch also isn’t exclusive to Sorcerors… Rogue Heroes can also get it fairly early on, same with Storm Sisters as a racial unit available to all classes.

Hulahn

Hot diggity dog! They did exactly what I wanted: instead of nerfing the High Elf Longbow, they added more race-class bonuses, yeah!! 😀

Go Triumph!!!

thantos2112

Nothing other than to say “this is great, and thanks for doing a great job”.

decoy

Also i guess with the assassin cost decrease, I am guessing there is a lot of internal debate on the pass wall ability being returned to them. That’s kind of sad would really love it if they got it back.

Garresh

This patch is awful and you should feel bad!

Nah JK fantastic as usual. Great job all around.

Reefpirate

Two things so far:

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to build a bridge with a Builder. There doesn’t seem to be a dedicated bridge option… I’ve tried embarked and not embarked and building roads or forts in the water, still can’t get a new bridge. How does this work? Or is it not working?

Also, it seems the Goblin Marauders did not get the HP buff. They’re still sitting at 40 HP and I think under the new regime it should be 45 HP, maybe?

EDIT: Nevermind! I solved the bridge issue… It turns out you can’t build a bridge that connects to mountains… So you need a valid place to build a road on both sides of the water hex. Then you just build a road on to the water hex and you get your bridge. I believe it costs about 60 gold for the bridge. Pretty nifty!

smeagolheart

I tried the force all combat to be fast option. I’m not a fan, allow me to explain.

I ALWAYS go to triple speed when it’s the other guys turns but now the option you guys put in makes it where your guys act at the fast speed. So the whole time they are twitching out with fast animations, it’s not good.

Can you make it where ONLY the AI’s teams go fast possibly instead of both you and the AI go superspeed?

Also noticed the game flow pull down slider.

Can there be another option instead of NORMAL 100% and Slow 200% maybe a “medium” speed at 150% lol? Instead of doubling the time, how about time and a half?

decoy

Was talking to some of my friends that play AoW3 and we just realized that the humans scoundrels throw net is a buff to bandit camps. I wonder if testing on bandit camps have been done to see if there is a power level change in the camps.

Reefpirate

Was talking to some of my friends that play AoW3 and we just realized that the humans scoundrels throw net is a buff to bandit camps. I wonder if testing on bandit camps have been done to see if there is a power level change in the camps.

I think the independent Scoundrels are from mixed races… So there’s a small chance you’ll get one with Throw Net, or one with a poison Crossbow. You’re right that it’s an indirect buff to the camps but I’m not sure it’s all that significant. Still not as scary as the Berserkers that sometimes guard the camps.

Zazen

My friends ripped me for buying AoW III instead of Warlock II. They said Warlock II was a much better game, AOW III was shallow and had serious balance & pacing issues. But, I ignored their advice and bought AoW III anyway because I was a huge fan of Shadow Magic…

As I read the wall of text that is the second major patching effort by Triumph and look over at my friends, all I can do is laugh as they curse at the brain damaged AI in Warlock II and realize it was 30 bucks for a glorified patch of the first version with even worse AI.

Thank You Triumph for making me look like a genius! It’s all you guys though, which can be our secret! =)

Exmortis

This is a huge patch! And it’s only going from 1.101 to 1.102? I would think this would move it to 1.5 or something. Whatever though…I’m sure not complaining. Lots of good changes here.

Epaminondas

Played a bit tonight. Two immediate issues:

1. Domain invasion spams still remain unaddressed. I could be mistaken, but I thought this was to be addressed with this patch. Did this slip somehow? This is so unbelievably annoying for those play longer games and easily end up with 20-plus domain invasion spams per turn.

2. There seems to be a bug that sometimes triggers when you pick up items from the ground. Two different times I’ve had an item show as package-wrapped when I picked it up (just as it shows when you receive items via courier). The difference is that – unlike getting it via a courier – the package-wrap always stayed, AND I couldn’t move the item anywhere thereafter (e.g. I couldn’t drop it to the ground or send it someone else via courier).

Hulahn

Quick question: with the addition of bridge building (which I was always in favor of!), do you think this further negates what benefits the Humans got with the Mariner trait, and perhaps enough so that it’s time to adjust or add to their racial bonus(es)?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.