*Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions *Official* Patch v1.2 now available via Steam and GoG

This topic contains 367 replies, has 121 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 368 total)
  • Author

2. There seems to be a bug that sometimes triggers when you pick up items from the ground. Two different times I’ve had an item show as package-wrapped when I picked it up (just as it shows when you receive items via courier). The difference is that – unlike getting it via a courier – the package-wrap always stayed, AND I couldn’t move the item anywhere thereafter (e.g. I couldn’t drop it to the ground or send it someone else via courier).

This was from before the patch, and happened to me exactly once. I’ve been trying to reproduce it but I can’t.

@ Hulahn, I don’t think so. Builders are hardly commonplace, and it still takes a turn to build a bridge.

Also, naval combat has been reworked, so that lack of nerf (Mariner) works out pretty well.

VSTi

Hi there,
    Good job, Triumph. It’s very nice to know that responsible game devs are still around. Still having two remarks for you guys:

Russian Translations, as suggested by the community.
    With special thanks to Kubera and our other Russian fans for their help with improving these!

• Changed “Polite” from “Вежливые” to “Учтивые” due to recent real world events.
    • Changed “Wall Climbing” from “Стенохват” to “Преодоление стен”.
    • Changed all forms of “Migrate City” from “Заселить другой расой” to “Перезаселить другой расой”.
    • Changed all forms of “Creation” (Specialization, Node etc.) from “Творения” to “Созидания”.
    • Changed all forms of “Node” (Mana Nodes) from “Выхода” to “Источника”.
    • Changed all forms of Dreadnought from “Бесстрашный” to “Технократ”.
    • Changed all forms of “Alignment” from “Настрой” to “Мировоззрение”.
    • Some very specific changes that are too many to list.

First of all, that’s great. My congratz to Kubera & the community. However, when I launch the game and start new campaign I can still see that annoying translation for normal difficulty “Среднее кол-во” which stands for “Average quantity” in russian and has nothing in common with difficulty level at all. I know that Kubera has offered you very nice version of changing difficulty names from “Высокая” to “Сложно” , “Среднее кол-во” to “Нормально” and “Легкая” to “Легко”. This would be a perfect match. Hope you guys fix this in the complete patch.

2. Please note that FPS drop issue, which was reported two weeks ago here: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/fps-drop-issue-remains-v1-1-amd/
    hasn’t been fixed by this one. I’m still getting approximately -15 FPS when I choose army or even just open a spellbook. That’s weird.

Cheers

HereticSage

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Epaminondas wrote:</div>
    2. There seems to be a bug that sometimes triggers when you pick up items from the ground. Two different times I’ve had an item show as package-wrapped when I picked it up (just as it shows when you receive items via courier). The difference is that – unlike getting it via a courier – the package-wrap always stayed, AND I couldn’t move the item anywhere thereafter (e.g. I couldn’t drop it to the ground or send it someone else via courier).

This was from before the patch, and happened to me exactly once. I’ve been trying to reproduce it but I can’t.

I know how to reproduce it! 😀

Send an item to a leader. While it’s in courier with less than 3 turns left, kill said leader. When that leader comes back, the item is in this state. You can drop it ONLY by switching places with another item on the ground.

Garresh

Hey guys, gonna crosspost and quote myself here, because this is relevent.

There’s a question that’s been kind of eating at me for a while, but I’m only just getting around to posting it because of the new patch. Note that this is the case in the older versions as well.

Vulnerability and Protection stack additively, not multiplicatively, which makes sense. However, they stack additively along the same channel as cover and range penalties.

A simple example of this can be conducted using skin of oil.

A target behind cover takes 25% damage from a ranged fire attack, due to cover effects. However, if you cast skin of oil on it, then the damage multiplayer becomes 65%, or 2/3rds damage. This is because the 40% bonus damage is ADDED with the 75% damage penalty. If it stacked additively, as in the 25% damage was multiplied by 140%, then it would come out to 35% damage instead. This seems illogical to me, as it should be .25 times 1.4, not .25 + .4 as it is currently.

I would like to know if this is intended. This sort of multiplier stacking was occassionally seen in multiplayer with forge priests and draconian elder/hatchling spam with fire adept and a lot of casting points, as an alternative way to siege. Anyways, as giddy as I am about the new goblin changes, if this system of stacking continues to be in effect I’m worried it could lead to some incredibly stupid mechanics in battle. For instance, assuming a high elf unit has been hit by weakening touch, then a goblin irregular will be hitting it for 105% damage even if the elf is at max range penalty behind multiple layers of cover.

I didn’t want to put this into the beta feedback thread because this is not entirely a beta issue, but a greater issue as a whole of current stacking mechanics.

Obviously I changed my mind upon contemplation.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  President.

Weltenreiter

This is extremely awesome.

Eric

Thanks for the report, the fix for this will probably be in the beta build later today.

As for the domain invasion event, that unfortunately didn’t make it in time for this patch. It will be addressed in the next patch.

Lascha

2. Please note that FPS drop issue, which was reported two weeks ago here: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/fps-drop-issue-remains-v1-1-amd/<br>
    hasn’t been fixed by this one. I’m still getting approximately -15 FPS when I choose army or even just open a spellbook. That’s weird.

Well, that’s strange indeed. Could you launch the game in debug mode (see launcher misc. tab for a toggle). Then, when in-game, you can enable some profiling by pressing CTRL+ALT+P, then you can switch between profile categories with F1, F2, F3 buttons. Could you send over some screenshots, maybe that will help narrow the cause down.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Some points in reply to your posts here:

* We’re looking at the Arch-Druid Summon spells too now, and are actually deliberating a change so units which normally have a Dedicated to Good/Evil ability lose it when they are summoned. This would allow us more freedom in the summoning sets without it leading to issues of summoning units who are very unhappy or stripping a number of units of their dedication to good/evil.

* Inflict Stun had its strength lowered and we stopped it from occurring more than once on a unit. This means that where High Elf Storm Sisters used to have 2 chances per hit (up to 6 chances per attack) to Inflict stun when they were gold medal and led by a Sorcerer with the School of Enchantment, they now just have 3 chances to Inflict Stun.

* Marauder’s base HP has been increased by 5 as well. Note that base HP is the HP before any racial effect like -5 HP for Goblins apply.

* Nice catch hilfazer, corrected those 2 mistakes: Dwarf Priest will have 8 melee strength and Dwarf Crossbowman 35 HP.

* Steam overlay and MP start issues will be fixed.

* Russian translation for difficulty is being looked at.

Thanks for the feedback!

deo

wow, almost fall asleep reading all the stuff..
    great job, guys, you fixed almost every thing
    i love you! :)))

Bob5

I noticed that since this patch leftover knowledge points carry over to the next research that you select, after researching something. This means that with lots of research income you can research multiple skills per turn. I’m not sure if it was intended, it is not on the list, and it fairly significantly increases the speed at which you research new stuff.

Narvek
    Keymaster

We just tested to be sure but this doesn’t seem to happen. Could it be that you just picked up a knowledge pickup (scrolls)? Because with those scrolls it does work like that.

Bob5

I was a bit wrong, it doesn’t happen with ordinary knowledge, but it does happen with knowledge gained through Research breakthroughs in happy cities.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Ok, that’s fine, it’s supposed to.
    Any time you get research from external sources (festival, quest, exploration reward, pickup etc) anything that’s left over is kept for you to research other skills with.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>SikBok wrote:</div>
    • City operations now complete on new turn instead of on new round.

What does that mean though?

This is a fix for classic turns:

Player 3 wants to raze his city. The duration for raze is 2 turns.
    The round is finished, meaning that Player 1 can start again. Already the raze duration has been reduced to 1 turn.
    The next round the city would get razed when Player 1 started his turn.

Now the operation completes when player 3 starts his turn 🙂

Tombles
    Keymaster

The patch has just been updated! The game should no longer crash when opening the Steam Overlay in the multi-player lobby and it should now be possible to start a new multiplayer game.

Usana

Hmm. . . It is fairly obvious why the hero rifle can’t be reloaded. Rapid Reload would remove all cooldowns and not just the rifle cooldown. Which would be a bad idea. However, is there a reason I am overlooking for why Engineers can’t reload one another? Blunderbuss is their only ability with a cooldown, if I recall.

Admittedly it is rare that I feel the need to do so. But there have been a couple times where I had thought ‘dang why can’t they reload one another’. Usually when the one on cooldown is the only one able to get a good shot. Or if I have a gold Engineer and say a veteran and I want to let the veteran get the lion bulk of xp by finishing off a clump of enemies.

vyolin

Engineers do get Repair Machine at elite rank, if memory serves, so assuming it has a proper cooldown being able to refresh that would be quite useful. Especially how hard it is to get those poor bastards to elite rank.

VSTi

Well, that’s strange indeed. Could you launch the game in debug mode (see launcher misc. tab for a toggle). Then, when in-game, you can enable some profiling by pressing CTRL+ALT+P, then you can switch between profile categories with F1, F2, F3 buttons. Could you send over some screenshots, maybe that will help narrow the cause down.

Solved! (Video driver settings)

Cheers

Arnout
    Keymaster

The MP and Steam Overlay issues are fixed, we’re testing them now

Lascha

I just launched the game in debug mode and it turn out to be completely smooth and even running with 60 fps (against 25-30 in normal mode), nonetheless fps drop on choosing army persists. I also noticed that some kind of bloom effect is being applied in normal mode.

Well, the only real difference between the debug and master build is that the master build disables logging, assertions, profiling, etc. If anything it should be faster than the debug build, but generally the difference should be pretty much negligible. It’s really strange and I actually cannot explain this behavior. In your case the difference is enormous and it’s hard to believe that it’s not something external. For instance, could you check if both executables use the same video driver settings? Must be something like that..

Robilar

And as usual all of us Gog purchasers are getting left out in the cold.

This is getting really really annoying…

VSTi

@lascha

Bingo. I looked through video driver settings and game profiles and found that it was applying some extreme settings like maximum supersampling to AoW3.exe. I must have forgotten to switch them back after some test. Nothing, but my inattention. Thanks. 🙂

vyolin

No need to get upset about this.
    This is due to GOG’s way of handling updates in general – since they provide no auto-update functionality rolling out potentially unstable beta patches is a huge risk. And a beta patch this is. The stable update will be surely be released alongside its cousin on Steam, as before.
    That said, a standalone beta patch hosted by Triumph directly would be a nice thing to have.

Hulahn

I am a GOG customer, I am not upset that I’m left out of beta testing, but I would like to thank all those who are doing such a bang-up job with it. In the last round of beta patch testing I noticed that all the great feedback you guys provided Triumph really helped to shape things for the final patch that I received through GOG; and, you seem to be very well on your way again!

My thanks to you for helping to make my ultimate experience all the better for your testing and efforts! 🙂

Tombles
    Keymaster

Patch is updated again! New notes:

Dwarf Archer now has 35 HP as intended.
    Dwarf Forge Priest now has melee strength 8 (instead of 6) from 10.
    • Fixed issue where items would remain in courier state when a hero was killed
    • Units summoned into the world map have dedicated to good/evil automatically removed.
    • Summon Fantastic Creature now can also summon Obsidian Wyvern and Gryphon, Watcher still has a 1 in 3 chance to be summoned.
    Call Wild Animal now can also summon Hunter Spider Baby, Dire Penguin, Shock Serpent Baby and Reed Serpent Baby.
    Call Eldritch Animal casting cost reduced to 70 from 80, removed the Zephyr Bird and Dire penguin and added the Gryphon and Gold Wyvern to the list of possible summons.
    Call Gargantuan Animal now has a casting cost of 160 (was 120) and an upkeep of 24 (was 18). We added the Cockatrice and Hunter Spider Queen summons and removed the Carrion Bird. There’s a 1 in 3 chance of summoning one of the Tier 4 serpents.
    • Hell Hound is now dedicated to evil (unless summoned)

What Vyolin said, and also, ther was an issue (steam overlay, mp games) with the beta patch, so imagine if you’d updated your GoG copy to only have to uninstall it.

If I understand it correctly you can’t revert your patch version, you have to uninstall the game?

Now that’d be annoying.

Maybe better if you look at Steam users as guinea pigs.

D00m

Sweet, we really wanted to try it out yesterday. Well, some did in SP regardless, now’s the fun time. Thank you for the quick fix.

Patch is updated again! New notes:

Dwarf Archer now has 35 HP as intended.<br>
    Dwarf Forge Priest now has melee strength 8 (instead of 6) from 10.<br>
    • Fixed issue where items would remain in courier state when a hero was killed<br>
    • Units summoned into the world map have dedicated to good/evil automatically removed.<br>
    • Summon Fantastic Creature now can also summon Obsidian Wyvern and Gryphon, Watcher still has a 1 in 3 chance to be summoned.<br>
    Call Wild Animal now can also summon Hunter Spider Baby, Dire Penguin, Shock Serpent Baby and Reed Serpent Baby. <br>
    Call Eldritch Animal casting cost reduced to 70 from 80, removed the Zephyr Bird and Dire penguin and added the Gryphon and Gold Wyvern to the list of possible summons. <br>
    Call Gargantuan Animal now has a casting cost of 160 (was 120) and an upkeep of 24 (was 18). We added the Cockatrice and Hunter Spider Queen summons and removed the Carrion Bird. There’s a 1 in 3 chance of summoning one of the Tier 4 serpents.<br>
    • Hell Hound is now dedicated to evil (unless summoned)

Tombles for Prime Minister (we already have a Dragon Emperor lol).

D00m

• Units summoned into the world map have dedicated to good/evil automatically removed.

Does this mean that when a player uses Summon Kobold/Dire Penguin the summoned creatures will not be dedicated to evil?

All your changes to the “random summons” spells are awesome. 🙂

Taykor

This is a fix for classic turns:

Thank you! I was just unsure what the round was.

It is unfortunate, yes. But you can think of it as a closed testing. Not always you can participate in those.
    Though, I’d prefer to be able to get beta-patches too…

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 368 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.