Bethesda Steam Sale (Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc.)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Off Topic/General Discussion Bethesda Steam Sale (Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc.)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wallthing 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wallthing

Just wanted to point this sale out to folks. If you’ve never tried a sandbox style first-person RPG, now might be a good time to try one. If you enjoy this type of thing and you’re picky about getting the most entertainment time out of your dollar or euro or whatever these games are almost impossible to beat even without mods – and the mods add enormous amounts of content, including new quest lines, tremendous graphics improvements (cripple a $4000 gaming rig on a years-old game? can do), and more.

Skyrim & Fallout New Vegas are probably the best of them if you like new games. If you don’t mind dated graphics, use a potato for gaming, or don’t mind using graphic mods from the start, Morrowind is a classic with great atmosphere and a compelling storyline. Fallout 3 is worth buying too. Oblivion was mainly fun for the mods – I never felt the urge to move past the first third of the story and the environment was too Fantasy Bland for me. Elder Scrolls Online… exists but I do not have a 10-foot pole handy.

Edit: Fallout & Fallout 2 are on sale, too. Absolute classics & fun even though I did not happen to play them when they were new.

Wallthing

Hmm… seems I broke a part of the TOU – but can’t figure out / remember how to edit posts after the edit button goes away. Oh well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.