Brokering peace with Independents?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta General Feedback Brokering peace with Independents?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Narvek 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nighteyes

An AI Player surrendered to me.

Afterwards I had a war with one of his former cities firming as an Independent City.
    I have a friendly relationship with the race of the City and I am playing as truely good.
    I am at war with an AI Party (City) with which I am on also friendly terms. That is also what the relationship Screen tells me. (And they say that they feel sorry, but cann’t do anything about it?)

Why cann’t I broker a peace with them?
    I would want to use the friendly take-over Friends, Vasal and Integration and continue on being more than good, (so I can declare a few wars against the rest of the AI Players and stay “good” 🙂

Is this a bug or a Feature?

Narvek
    Keymaster

Well, options for diplomacy are only reevaluated when your relationship changes. So, you could try to get even higher, or lower, relationship, and then they may reevaluate their feelings about you. This is a limit of the current implementation of the system I’m afraid.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.