[Bug] Shooting Stars + Lucky Cloverfield = 0% Luck

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support [Bug] Shooting Stars + Lucky Cloverfield = 0% Luck

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Iguana-on-a-stick 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

smeagolheart

I’d take a screenshot if I knew how.

Anyway,

Had event shooting stars and thought oh cool I’ll just up the luck even more with the lucky cloverfield.

My guys say Very Lucky 0%. In a fight, no luck went off for me, while opponent was getting normal lucky breaks.

Arnout
    Keymaster

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the luck mechanic, but if you’re able to reproduce the problem with a save game (can be send to AoW3Support@triumphstudios.com ) I can have a look at it!

PS. In steam (wrapper) you can make screenshots with F12

smeagolheart

ok next time I notice a shooting stars event, I’ll hop onto a lucky cloverfield to reproduce and get a screenshot from F12 too.

smeagolheart

It took a while but here we go.. Same thing 0% luck. This time I got a screenshot.

screenshot

smeagolheart

Also after using the lucky cloverfield, I get 0 luck. The army I just fought against had luck for sure since they lucked out of more than one hit I did against them.

screen

Not a bug.

The lucky chance works off your troops morale. If you have high morale, you have a higher chance to evade attacks.

If you have negative morale, your chance to evade is zero. 1.5 x 0 = still zero, so even the cloverfield won’t help.

And going by that frowny face on the screenshot you provided, your guy very much has negative morale.

If you fight on better terrain, or get some morale-boosting effects, you’ll find that the “lucky” ability starts working again. That’s probably why it worked for the enemy: they like the terrain you’re standing on.

This is also pretty important to know in AoW3 in general. Pick your battlegrounds. If you fight on hated terrain against an enemy who likes it, they have a hell of a home-ground advantage.

smeagolheart

so you are saying you can lucky evade attacks with no luck but only high morale? Yeah never seen that happen.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Iguana-on-a-stick is correct. If your army has negative morale state, lucky percentage drops.

smeagolheart

I would think luck wouldn’t be tied to morale. You can be lucky with bad morale in real life.

Morale affects criticals and fumbled attacks and shouldn’t affect lucky evasion at all in my opinion. Oh well.

Arnout
    Keymaster

It would otherwise be too powerful. Now with the right spells you can bring down this halfling luck tactic 🙂

so you are saying you can lucky evade attacks with no luck but only high morale? Yeah never seen that happen.

Not only high morale. You need both the “Lucky” ability and high morale.

No luck = no evade.

Low morale = no evade.

Luck & neutral-or-better morale = chance to evade. Higher morale = better chance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.