[Bug][Linux][Crash] Crash in debug mode when autosaving

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Linux Specific [Bug][Linux][Crash] Crash in debug mode when autosaving

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lascha 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tezeriusz

Hi

build 15513
    Linux Manjoro 64b

In debug mode I got nice jusy crash possible related to multiple assertion failure.
    I can’t reproduce this in normal mode.

cheers

ps. logs and minidump attached.

Lascha

Does this happen after playing for a while? According to the logs it happened during quicksave. When you save the game you get a little memory usage spike. The game went out of memory and crashed. There might be a leak.

tezeriusz

This can be memleak – yes it happen after a longer session.
    Maybe I can limit process mem usage in bash and then start AoW3 but I do not know if this is good idea?

How AoW3 handle memory, do you have you own pool or just ‘malloc/new’? – next time will run it with some simple memory monitor and output to file if needed.

Can I help with that kind of bugs? Give me source I will find it;]
    Maybe valgrind will help? Or just overload new/delete you most likely know what to do 🙂

btw. Is there a plan/guild how to report graphics issues? I found few of them

Lascha

We have new/delete overloaded and use our own pools on Windows, but on Mac & Linux we don’t because apparantly on these operating systems it’s possible for dependency shared libraries to call OUR overloaded new/delete and it messes with our memory management system. Don’t really know much about this, but it’s very inconvenient behavior. So we disabled our own pools on Mac & Linux.

We fixed a memleak that happens when you save the game. Also with auto-save and quick-save. It’s a pretty big leak each time you save. There was also a leak when you load game.

btw. Is there a plan/guild how to report graphics issues? I found few of them

You could just create a new topic for each one you find.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.