Cadavers

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Khelle 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Khelle

Hi,
    I would like to ask the question if I am the only one who thinks Cadavers kneeling all the time looks silly? I mean, I understand the concept of them being unable too stand because of lacking of muscles or something, but having armies of them all like that feels just wrong.

From what I have observed units in cadavers’ stack are generated automatically, so whenever you open their unit panel, the stack looks a little different composed from randomly taken models. What about adding some standing-up skeletons to their models pool so at least some of them would be standing properly?

Fenraellis

They are supposedly to be crawling all over the ground. It’s intentionally part of their artistic concept…

Khelle

They are supposedly to be crawling all over the ground. It’s intentionally part of their artistic concept…

I understand this concept, but it works okay only in a few numbers not enitre legions of them. I would like to some of them, or even if it need to be most of them stay on the ground, but a few standing up units would make it better, more believable.

Gloweye

Maybe it takes less mana not having to reanimate the legs along with the rest? 2 Mana per turn each is dirt cheap for a unit like that, so maybe it’s got something to do with the Reanimators taking care not to expend to much mana on maintaining them, and they leave some less useful parts off – like legs, which are actually pretty heavy.

Cadavers are such simple and mindless creations, they lack the coordination and presence of mind to stand up.
    Instead they crawl and claw and bit or don’t.

Taykor

Yes, making a standing/walking construct is a very hard task. You can ask any robot-making company. =) I guess necromancers just can’t be bothered with this.

quo

It’s that way because you can cadaver a horse, and as hilarious as that would look walking on two legs, the concept is broader. 🙂

Khelle

It seems nobody would like to have a mix of standing and lying cadavers around 🙁 I give up 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.