Chariot Collada Rig

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Chariot Collada Rig

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SikBok 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Eomolch

Would it be possible to add the skeleton used by the Tigran Chariot to the available skeleton pool? 🙂 We are working on a possibility to make the Archon Charioteer return and have come to the conclusion that the best way will be to use the Tigran Chariot as a base, but let it be pulled by lions (manticores with cut off wings). But to do this the lion mesh has to get rigged to the chariot skeleton and we couldn’t find it in the available collada rig collection.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Eomolch.

Thariorn

Ohhh, let me voice in on that request 😀

I’ve tried creating a chariot-based Support Unit for the “in the works” Azrac Mod and stumbled upon this bottleneck too, tho I planned to use horse/s as (a) mount/s.

But unfortunately neither the Tigran Chariot’s nor the Ice Queen’s skeleton seem to be available.

Eomolch

Ohhh, let me voice in on that request 😀

I’ve tried creating a chariot-based Support Unit for the “in the works” Azrac Mod and stumbled upon this bottleneck too, tho I planned to use horse/s as (a) mount/s.

But unfortunately neither the Tigran Chariot’s nor the Ice Queen’s skeleton seem to be available.

Nice!

The problem I see with horses is that for one thing I don’t know if they’ll animate well enough with the boar skeletton the tigers from the tigran chariot use as a base and for another that horses are simply too tall 😀 you’d have to use mini horses or manage to adjust the chariot model if you don’t want the meshes to stick into each other.

Thariorn

you’d have to use mini horses or manage to adjust the chariot model if you don’t want the meshes to stick into each other.

Adjusting the model seemed relatively managable (tho this is from about 2 months ago, so details escape me).

If it does not work as wanted I’d just try to create bonsai elephants, using the boar model, as a mount 😀

SikBok
    Keymaster

Just asked, should be something we can do.
    Booked a ticket to have this added in the next patch.

Eomolch

Just asked, should be something we can do.
    Booked a ticket to have this added in the next patch.

Wohoo! Thank you, this is awesome! =)

Is there already a fixed (or approximate) date for when that patch will come?

SikBok
    Keymaster

Not an expert on animation modding.

We’ve just uploaded a new version of Collada Skeleton Files In that zip you can now find ‘Rig_Chariot.dae’ which is the rig you guys mentioned.

Will that do the job or is there anything else you need?

Eomolch

Thank you!! It should be all we need for this! 🙂

SikBok
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.
    I made sure to pass this on to the team member who did the work for this.

Happy modding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.