class gender

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions class gender

This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  michael_tangerine_cole 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

This may seem like a silly or frivolous question, but looking at the trailer, the sorcerer is female (and should therefore be a sorceress but that’s not all that important), the dreadnought and rogue are male, as is the druid…

My question is, will we be able to choose our gender? I don’t expect it to make any difference to how a game plays out, and it’s more for the immersion/choice aspect.

I am guessing that the asnwer is yes, just looking for confirmation.

TheDio

Well, propably yeah :p But it’d be weird to see an female overlord. Must be a woman that has her period 24/7 i guess :p but yeh iut’s be awesome. in b4 people start whinning about how dreadnaught and overlord women are off character

I personally don’t see how a female overlord (overlady?) would be out of character…(I’m assuming you mean warlord). Isn’t what what Julia is (or was, because we don’t know if she’s still kicking around..?)

I personally don’t see how a female overlord (overlady?) would be out of character…(I’m assuming you mean warlord)

My mate’s ex?

Jayaris

There were plenty of female wizards throughout the other series, Karissa, Mab etc.

I would be both surprised and disappointed if you couldn’t create female characters of any class.

Calmar

Well, propably yeah :p But it’d be weird to see an female overlord. Must be a woman that has her period 24/7 i guess :p but yeh iut’s be awesome. in b4 people start whinning about how dreadnaught and overlord women are off character

WTF?

Stryges

There seriously needs to be a report inappropriate function for these forums. The sophomoric attitudes and juvenile posting is becoming overwhelming.

On topic – Since customization like this only really affects the skin of the avatar, and previous AoW games and current generation (such as Elemental) all have this option, I see no reason why we wouldn’t be able to choose gender for our leader.

Anonymous

I’m sure, or at least hope there will be gender options. But that doesn’t mean I will be wholly be satisfied with the character creator. One of the main reasons I love Age of Wonders is the diversity of characters and the ability to be whoever you want. In previous Age of Wonders games this was done with basic models and custom portraits. Now in Age of Wonders III I presume it is done with advanced models, which has it’s own advantages (visible equipment, better visual representation, etc.), but I worry we will lose some diversity. Now Triumph Studios has been pretty good in the past so I’m less worried, but after Skyrim’s “must be an old and ugly male or a supermodel female” rule I  am always concerned over character customization.

Inlaa

Female halfling warlord.

Make it happen, and I will burn the world in your name.

Calmar

I think female leaders can be implemented very easily. You chose your race, gender, portrait and go on with character creation. Male characters get a male avatar, females a female one…

Dio, please don’t take this the wrong way, because so far I really have agreed with or at least respected most things you’ve said. But you need to be really damn backwards to think a female warlord would be “weird” in a FANTASY game.

That said, I hope we get some decent outfits on the female models this time around. The chainmail bikini is getting old.

bam65

Maybe one of the DLCs will include a ‘woman having her period’ leader. Jesus.

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

All classes/races can be either female/male.

No chainmail bikinis, just regular bikinis 😀

Can’t get skimpier than good old Karissa’s outfit… :p

BlaneckW

Gender is just portrait, AOW1 had female portraits.

And AoW2 had distinct female or male, unique unit models for the wizards. 🙂

Oh you, Lennart 😛

That will be fantastic, I can’t imagine a game of the Age of Wonders series not all0wing us to customize something like Gender on our leaders, anyway 😛

Staying true as always to your loyal fans <3

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.