Convince AI Ally to move blocking unit? (spoilers)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Convince AI Ally to move blocking unit? (spoilers)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ericridge 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Wallthing

So I’m playing through the EL campaign and have allied with Melenis. I’ve managed to salvage some of the units that were moving through “desperation dungeon” but after a fight units ghouled by Melenis’s Age of Death are blocking the passage.

Can anyone think of a way to convince them to move out of the way? I don’t care if I need to use a console command or something gamey temporarily; this is an annoying and immersion-breaking problem. Melenis doesn’t seem to move any of the units in Desperation Dungeon – I assume because the exit is scripted or blocked for AI in some fashion.

Gloweye

I think there’s another bug at work here…Sanhild should have abandoned you as soon as you made an alliance with Melenis.

llfoso

I assume you’ve already tried waiting a couple turns?

Wallthing

I think there’s another bug at work here…Sanhild should have abandoned you as soon as you made an alliance with Melenis.

She did but she only took her own stack with her.

Yeah, I’ve waited several turns. Now my bloody leader’s blocked in (visited that Dungeon in the south of the center of the subterranean layer) by another stack that Melenis isn’t moving.

Gloweye

She did but she only took her own stack with her.

Yeah, I’ve waited several turns. Now my bloody leader’s blocked in (visited that Dungeon in the south of the center of the subterranean layer) by another stack that Melenis isn’t moving.

OK…well, at that time I disbanded the rest of my forces there due to money issues. Most likely, you’re not gonna be able to continue much further down there anyway, before you get rekt.

Dunno what’s the case at other places though.

Wallthing

Outside of desperation dungeon it might be a sort of serial blockage. Melenis has two weak partial stacks blocking (of course) the land route to the dwarf dreadnought’s last city – these two stacks might be avoiding entering the dreadnought’s domain due to lack of strength to conquer the city, causing other units in the connected areas to not have a path to wherever Melenis’s AI wants to do things.

Or it could just be the AI being, well, artificial. Even before this log jam occurred I thought that Melenis’s AI was leaving remote ghouled units standing around a whole lot. Maybe the AI’s avoiding moving units when it doesn’t have enough numbers locally to keep them safe?

…would be really cool to pass through an ally’s stacks like I can my own. I can’t think of why that isn’t possible but maybe there’s a gotcha in that idea.

Gloweye

…would be really cool to pass through an ally’s stacks like I can my own. I can’t think of why that isn’t possible but maybe there’s a gotcha in that idea.

I would like this, but I doubt if it’s possible…if it were, they’d have done it long ago, right?

NuMetal

Hell yeah!
    But as Gloweye said it’s unfortunately probably not possible 🙁

Wallthing

Found a save where my leader, at least, is not blocked in. Fired the units in the dungeon, though I’m still very curious about what’s further down there – save it for a replay I guess.

P.S. I think I’m going to declare war on Melenis eventually just because all her derpy units standing around are driving me crazy. If she doesn’t absolutely steamroll Werlac before that time. Some sorcerer he is, failing to disjunct her ultimate for 30+ rounds…

Ericridge

Found a save where my leader, at least, is not blocked in. Fired the units in the dungeon, though I’m still very curious about what’s further down there – save it for a replay I guess.

P.S. I think I’m going to declare war on Melenis eventually just because all her derpy units standing around are driving me crazy. If she doesn’t absolutely steamroll Werlac before that time. Some sorcerer he is, failing to disjunct her ultimate for 30+ rounds…

Despair, Agony, Death.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.