Cool feature suggestion for skills list

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Cool feature suggestion for skills list

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Kylord 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kylord

I have another suggestion : in the skills list of heros and units, there are many of them which don’t depend on the heros or units themselves.

Some skills are given by the ground, others are given by the leading hero…

It would be a very simple feature but very cool one to highlightening skills with colors or small icons to show why the unit have these skills

Example of background colors which could be used for skills :
    – Dark blue for standard unit skills
    – Marroon for ground skills
    – yellow for leading hero skills

It will be so easier to understand and optimize skills of units !

Thanks for listening 🙂

Tibbles

I agree, I colorcode everything on the Database and it’s much easier to read

Seperate colours for racial and unique class/race combos would really help out new players as well

Charlatan

And it shouldn’t be a huge effort !

Hooray for great benefits from small development effort +1

Kylord

Tibbles, your screen illustrates the point. Thank you , and you point another utility of this system.

Could we suggest that point in the “gameplay suggestions” section ?

It would be so cool to see what the leading hero brings to an army with a quick view, without effort !

Wallthing

If this can be done without undue effort, I support the feature. It would combine nicely with the planned abilities UI improvement.

Hasbulat

Nice idea! Very usefull!

Khelle

Coloring background would uglify the UI of units. Instead I propose coloring FONTS in UI skill list. Its already done for temporary skills (blue), so It shouldn’t be problem to develop this further. Also, this would be extra useful for skills gained from MCU or inherent from evolve.

Host

Coloring background would uglify the UI of units. Instead I propose coloring FONTS in UI skill list. Its already done for temporary skills (blue), so It shouldn’t be problem to develop this further. Also, this would be extra useful for skills gained from MCU or inherent from evolve.

Hey, now there’s a very good idea. I support this.

Kylord

The main idea was to highlight skills according to the origin (leading hero, upgrade of the leader class, ground of the map…)

If this can be done better with fonts instead of background colors, let’s do this now 🙂

I definitely suggest putting this idea in the gameplay suggestions topic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.