Cooler statistics suggestions

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Cooler statistics suggestions

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  doctorbigtime 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

SpiritSeeker

Hi,

I really like to stare at the end-of-game statistics for some time, as a means to alleviate the sudden void after a long and intense game, and to fully appreciate the utter brilliance (or lack thereof) of my strategies.
    I feel the statistics screen could do with an upgrade. For instance:

1: total hero levels (currently, army strength does not say anything about heroes)
    2: number of sites explored, or total level of sites explored (strong = 1, epic = 2, legendary = 3, mythical = 4 points)
    3: battles won
    4: battles lost
    5: total nr. of units slain (or value or tier of units slain)
    6: total nr. of units lost (or value or tier of units lost)
    7: total gold spent (including upkeep)
    8: total mana spent (including upkeep)
    9: total army experience
    10: total value of hero items
    11: Hero summary (for all nations):
    – Leader (portrait, click to see skills and items)
    – Highest level hero (portrait, click to see skills and items)

Especially nr. 1 and 2 I really miss, because treasure site raiding and hero leveling are such an important and fun part of the game. Nr. 11 would be extremely nice, I’m just always so curious about that!

What do you think?

Yes, I like it. I’d also like a full replay system!

Gloweye

I’d also like a full replay system!

Just imagine the file size…please not.

Anyway, I’d appreciate more statistics.

@ gloweye, there are several programs that compress the video size. I used them for the let’s plays.

In any case, if it’s an issue for particular systems then it can be turned off.

And players can just delete the files they don’t want.

Lord of Riva

or it should be turned of by default and be an option for people to activate 😛

otherwise im on board with the idea

LordCameron

I’m imagining the file size and I’m pretty sure it would be 4mb at the absolute most, probably far less. When you do a replay you don’t have to take a video you can record actions which takes up far less space.
    I think it is a great idea.

The victory screen(s) in general could stand to be improved.

Reg Pither

+1 for a lot more end of game statistics, especially kills and losses, ideally broken down for every separate unit. 🙂

+1 definitely

Wanted to suggest the same thing. Considering the debth of the game and the time it takes and epicness playing on big maps a.s.o. the game statistics in the end are a joke.

There is not even an economy related tab…

Further suggestions:
    – income (mana, gold etc) per time!
    – most popular unit (unit built most often)
    – most efficient unit (dmg dealt per cost, dmg taken per cost or similar)

Lot of ways for such a complex game to come up with meaningful statistics, that also help improving ones play style.

Remark: This goes along with the fact that there should be the possibility to show a leaderboard with similar statistics during the game

Hasbulat

+1 definitely

Wanted to suggest the same thing. Considering the debth of the game and the time it takes and epicness playing on big maps a.s.o. the game statistics in the end are a joke.

There is not even an economy related tab…

Further suggestions:
    – income (mana, gold etc) per time!
    – most popular unit (unit built most often)
    – most efficient unit (dmg dealt per cost, dmg taken per cost or similar)

Lot of ways for such a complex game to come up with meaningful statistics, that also help improving ones play style.

Remark: This goes along with the fact that there should be the possibility to show a leaderboard with similar statistics during the game

Statistics has to have a usability. I would like to have more statistics in game, but such suggestions are just in order to have. They are not useful at all.
    For me are reasonable for example statistics which sorts units in the overview
    by class
    by level
    by type (flying, swimming etc.) of and range of movement
    by damage type.
    These will help to build or reorganize our armies.

The same with heroes.

Statistics, which are just in order to show “Mammy-Mammy, look, I won already 100 battles!”
    are worse for the game.
    Why?
    Because of opportunity costs. In the same time, our developers could improve any reasonable part of the game, like terraforming, diplomacy, AI, RMG etc instead to loose the time with implementation of the useless for the game play statistics.

Gloweye

Statistics has to have a usability. I would like to have more statistics in game, but such suggestions are just in order to have. They are not useful at all.

Kind of disagree here. It’ll allow you to have a bird’s eye view of your strategy, and can serve to compare stuff easily – like clearing speed and income – so you can think about what to change to increase your own effectiveness.

Hasbulat

Ah… and what do you expect to do according to “eagle-eye” statistics?

Build more farms, mines, nodes or ruins in the empire?

Or build more slingers, because they was very effective in the beginning part of the game?

No, you won’t. Because you can’t. Its not an economical simulation.

More statistics will be fine, but it should be reasonable statistics, which affects a game play.

Gloweye

Troop upkeep, gold/mana income can all be considered something you could focus – so if you compare your statistics and you see your mana income is a bit low, you could maybe build shrines a bit earlier. Or defensive troops a bit later.

Economical enough IMO. These statistics aren’t meant to affect the game at the moment, but to help you learn play the game better.

Hasbulat

Well, I see that I am out of power also without any statistic reports, you don’t?
    It is not a Civilization or SimCity, lets make things not more complicated as they are, here is enough to have good military statistics.
    Besides of that, your “Eagle Eye” method is not applicable in this game, due to the huge random factor. Quests, rewards from cleared sites, looted gold, mana, items and units, specific of the map, which neighbours you got etc.
    And there are lot of situations, you income comes mainly from loot and not you production, so, it is more significant how strong and how quick are your troops and not how much temples you have.

Just my opinion.

I agree with everything, more statistics is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.