Create a Hero Thread

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Create a Hero Thread

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

We know a little but more about the game now, with key parts of the storyline coming out into the world. I think we are nearly ready to start creating our own heroes. Though in order for things to go along smoothly and .. incase the devs want to poke around our brains, il give you guysa structure to adopt to make it an easier read for everyone else.

Hero Name:

Hero Race:

Hero Abilities:

Hero Image:

Hero Description:

i.e.

Hero Name: Okbar

Hero Race: Dwarf

Hero Class / Type: Warrior

Hero Abilities: Double Strike, shield bash (any you know of from old games)

Hero Image: Unusually short for a dwarf, shaved all hair off, wears black armour without a helmet (inc image if you have 1)

Hero Description: Okbar the fierce warrior of the great northern Dwarf tribes …. etc … etc 😀

Brother JO

I’m going to push the limits a bit 😛

Hero Name: Eira the Mercy

Hero Race: Valkyrie(Legendary Hero)

Hero Class/Type: Warrior/Paladin/Valkyrie

Hero Starting Level: 5 or 6

Hero Alignments: True Good – This means you have to be good or true good to be able to recruit her.

Hero Abilities : Flying, Charge , Holy Champion , Heal

Avaible Abilities: Resurrect, Resurregence

Hero Image : Blond,Long,Straight haired Valkyrie with fancy armor.

Hero Description:

—–edit——

Before starting I’m assuming valkyries did not appear in Aow2 because they were fighting against shadow demons at that time and in AoWSM they were defeated so Shadow Demons invaded Blessed Continents. Most valkyries were killed and scattered so they didn’t appear in AoWSM events. By the time Shadow Demons banished from BC they barely regained their numbers.Now how many years passed after invasion? 100 years? 200 years? Well, enough time passed so they propably replenished their numbers by this time.

Eira is different from other valkyries. She possess exceptional abilities that most valkyries do not possess like being able to resurrect her comrades and even seen reviving after battles she fell. Eira fought in Valley of Wonders against Inioch’s armies and she witnessed Inioch’s defeat firsthand. Some time after War for Valley of Wonders, Eira and her sisters were called back to fight against Shadow Demons. Eira fought valiantly in countless battles against Shadow Demons. One time Eira was with a scouting group and they were ambushed by shadow demons. Outnumbered, they fell one by one and demons started to drain fallen valkyrie souls. Eira’s soul was being drained when reinforcements arrived. Fortunately she was not lost forever, but she could not recover for a long time. Now, 200 years later after banishment of shadow demons from Blessed Continents, Eira is seen fighting against evil eventhough she lost most of her powers. Eira aids pure souls in battles and only fights for most noble causes.

EDIT: Well, I was not satisfied with description because it was not focused totally on hero’s lore.It was more focused on valkyries and what they did all this time so I will write a new lore focused on hero, not valkyries. But I’m keeping the old lore here just in case.

——edit——

***Old One: Eira was even legend among valkyries who aided highmen when Inioch was resurrected by Cult of Storms and start invading Blessed Continents with his undead armies.In battles she is seen resurrecting and healing her fallen comrades who fought valiantly against restless undead armies of Inioch. When Inioch was finally defeated in Valley of Wonders Eira and her sisters dissappeared from Blessed Continents to protect it against evil forces from outside.They fought against Shadow Demons for a long time, while residents of Blessed Continent didn’t even know about Shadow Demons and unfortunately they got overwhelmed.They delayed shadow demons invasion on Blessed Continent for 50 years, but their sacrifice was too high.Their sacred stronghold was destroyed and most valkyries were captured and their souls are drained, used to create most powerful lords. Eira was among them. During her draining, a group of syrons rebelled against shadow demons and she took advantage of rebellion, escaped from Shadow demons. Eventhough draining of her soul left her weak, gathered the scattered valkyries and lead them to find a new stronghold. After the banishment of Shadow demons from Blessed Continent, Eira and her sisters carried souls of heroes who fought valiantly and fallen in battles to the other side so they can find peace or become valkyrie. In recent times Eira is seen interfering battles, fighting against evils and cruel tyrants. She fights against corruption and will only help mortals whose souls are pure.

Oh, its on now: Linguistic Puns Ahoy

Hero Name: Eo’draco the Remorseless

Hero Race: Draconian

Hero Class/Type: Priest

Hero Appearance: A Draconian cloaked in black and grey smoke, with only bright, piercing eyes showing clearly through the gloom around his face, a red orb in his right hand and a Silver and bone staff in his left, wings flexed and bright red.

Hero Description: Draconian are not known for their compassion, being the descendants of cold blooded dragons, but Eo’draco made even the most hardened shudder as he passed. It was not that he was a necromancer, or that he used dark magic more generally; flames danced at his call. It was his ruthless pursuit of power. Nothing, not friends, family, or even personal safety compromised his steely march to greatness. Some whispered (away from his piercing eyes) that, while other draconians might be born without a claw or even a whole limb, Eo’draco lacked a conscience.

rob_james

Id like to see the return of any old fave lesser heroes or wizards that didn’t disappear fighting daemons like Arachna maybe web with a fix spider mount or Skulkan.

But…

Hero Name: Donovan the Charlatan

Hero Race:Human

Hero Abilities:Rogue

Hero Image: greased back hair and anchor beard with smug grin, high collared and open jerkin sporting a chain of office, complete with upperhose

Hero Description:
    Donovan once a court singer had taken to the fastest ship after being tangled up in some pretty important sheets with a pretty important king’s daughter.
    With his education and spending several years as a questionable sailor he had developed a real talent with words, being able to use his flamboyant silver tongue to tingle the fieriest of females and harsh cussing stripping the temper of level headed soldiers.
    He will often take service with whom ever has coin for gambling debts or just escaping an angry orc husband.

Red Key

I thought the devs said that heroes have the same classes as leaders. Rob is the only one I have seen use a class that is actually confirmed to be in the game. Unless Warrior = Warlord and Priest = Theocrat…

Red Key, hoping you’re wrong!

agreed, i dont remember reading that, do you have a link bud?

i will be quite disappointed if i get 4 warlord heroes … surely it sort of conflicts with their nature … exceptions yes .. but generally … hmm that guy is after my leader role!

Tomipapa

I think Red Key is right, i also remember something about this. Also in the demo video you have a Theocrat leader with a Warlord hero. I dont think there will be a warrior hero when we have the warlord already. They greatly expanded the leader/hero system so i think this 6 type is more than enough. To be honest in AoW SM there were only a small difference between the hero types besides the name and few skills. I think its much better to have 6 greatly diverse hero than 9 or 12 with only 1-2 different skills.

Brother JO

Yes that’s true heroes and leaders have same classes something we forget when we suggested heroes 😛 But there were going to be also sub-classes, so heroes will be propably even more diverse now.

To be honest in AoW SM there were only a small difference between the hero types besides the name and few skills. I think its much better to have 6 greatly diverse hero than 9 or 12 with only 1-2 different skills.

I agree with you that it is better to have radically different heroes, but i really don’t want them to be classes along side the leader units, imo they are supposed to be separate.

I know that heroes can begin as or become leaders – so in those situations i understand them getting a “boosted” status. But i greatly prefer the standard hero types in name as opposed to the leader names for those under my leaders control.

I dont want heroes to work different, i dont want the 2 skill differences and tiny stat changes that SM gave – i like how heroes get similar abilities that the leaders can get and vice versa — i just want the names to be normal to reflect the status of the units.

i want my warlord hero to called a warrior – but if i chose to play as him as my leader, or if he gets promoted to leader during a campaign etc he can then get boosted to his equivalent role (a warlord in this case)

Ultimately, i don’t want to abandon the warrior, priest, ranger, paladin, etc i think … aesthetically its more appealing than Warlord, Theocrat, Rogue, Dreadnought/Imperator.

Primarily as they are all names that seem dedicated to leaders, not followers no matter how great they are. A Warlord hero and an Imperator hero … would not want to work together or work for another of their kind or a … rogue or necromancer etc.

Aaah man .. i duno … im just sooo against this its unwise.

Red Key

I like it. My [insert class here] leader will feel even grander when he has warlords, imperators (is that the final name?), sorcerers, theocrats, rogues, and druids as his loyal(?) subjects.

do you have a link bud?

I don’t remember if it has been explicitly said but in the demo video there was a Theocrat leader and Warlord hero like Tomipapa said.

Aye bud, i believe yas .. but … i dont want to believe lol 🙁

*waves fist in the air at everyone and no one*
    lol

Brother JO

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tomipapa wrote:</div>
    To be honest in AoW SM there were only a small difference between the hero types besides the name and few skills. I think its much better to have 6 greatly diverse hero than 9 or 12 with only 1-2 different skills.

I agree with you that it is better to have radically different heroes, but i really don’t want them to be classes along side the leader units, imo they are supposed to be separate.

I know that heroes can begin as or become leaders – so in those situations i understand them getting a “boosted” status. But i greatly prefer the standard hero types in name as opposed to the leader names for those under my leaders control.

I dont want heroes to work different, i dont want the 2 skill differences and tiny stat changes that SM gave – i like how heroes get similar abilities that the leaders can get and vice versa — i just want the names to be normal to reflect the status of the units.

i want my warlord hero to called a warrior – but if i chose to play as him as my leader, or if he gets promoted to leader during a campaign etc he can then get boosted to his equivalent role (a warlord in this case)

Ultimately, i don’t want to abandon the warrior, priest, ranger, paladin, etc i think … aesthetically its more appealing than Warlord, Theocrat, Rogue, Dreadnought/Imperator.

Primarily as they are all names that seem dedicated to leaders, not followers no matter how great they are. A Warlord hero and an Imperator hero … would not want to work together or work for another of their kind or a … rogue or necromancer etc.

Aaah man .. i duno … im just sooo against this its unwise.

When you mention that, I imagined Pope or one of Cardinals taking arms and going to war when I heard Theocrat for the first time. LOOOOOOL! 😛 While I’m not very happy with this too, you’ll get used to it in the future anyway 😀

While I’m not very happy with this too, you’ll get used to it in the future anyway

lol yea bud i suppose so – though it will be something i will try to change if possible through modding support – going to try and do my dissertation on modding AoWIII 😀

meeber

Well I just hope I’m able to create my hundreds of hero’s like I did in AOW:SM. And I hope I can make hundreds of magic items.

When you mention that, I imagined Pope or one of Cardinals taking arms and going to war when I heard Theocrat for the first time. LOOOOOOL!

Some did in the Renaissance, when they were independent secular authorities. Julius II, famous hater of pretty much everything, especially Venice, led troops in person on the battlefield for the Holy League. Actually, that would make a pretty good hero. I shall have to make a whole “Renaissance Pope series”, prominently featuring the Borgias.

Brother JO

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brother JO wrote:</div>
    When you mention that, I imagined Pope or one of Cardinals taking arms and going to war when I heard Theocrat for the first time. LOOOOOOL!

Some did in the Renaissance, when they were independent secular authorities. Julius II, famous hater of pretty much everything, especially Venice, led troops in person on the battlefield for the Holy League. Actually, that would make a pretty good hero. I shall have to make a whole “Renaissance Pope series”, prominently featuring the Borgias.

Wow! Really ? 😀 I didn’t know that.

Returning to original topic;

——————————-
    Hero Name: Adrianna

Hero Race: Human

Hero Class: Archdruid

Hero Alignment: Evil

Hero Abilities: Control Animal, Vampirism(Life Stealing),Cause Fear,Entagle

Hero Image: A pale ,young, black haired witch with green eyes in gray,white or black robe.Or all of them mixed 😛

Hero Description: Adrianna is not feared for no reason. Legends about Adrianna are told in Blessed Continent for centuries. Legends say that Adrianna kidnaps little girls who were born when Black Moon was present and kills everyone who opposes her by sucking all the blood of her victims. In some legends search parties and adventurers ventured into Adrianna’s territory to save kidnapped girl. In every of these legends these parties were attacked animals, even bushes and trees prevented them from passing. Survivors(if they manage to return) always came back empty-handed. Nobody is sure what happens to little girls she kidnap, but some say she trains them as a new witches to continue her legecy , some say she uses them in ritual to retain her youth over centuries. It is up to you to believe these legends or not but everybody knows that these are more than just legends.

lonelyol

Hi ageofwonders.com.
    discovering your interesting Site I was very pleased of great number useful subjects and fast discovery of helpful information. I inexperienced:) here and could not have the opportunity to browse all subjects. I think I’m here for a long time.
    Sincerely wish your site stable Prosperity!

P.S. Excuse me for off topic. Anybody can advise me some site to buy watch? I am looking for not expensive mechanical watch concretely.
    Thanks.

Gloweye

Looks like a spambot…but where’s the linkfest they always have?

one way to find out lord Gloweye,

tell me mister bot, what is your purpose here? I have an calculator and an mobile phone hostage, if you don’t tell me what your plan is ill destroy both! you have 24 hours to answer me or they will get it!

Dagoth Ur

Maybe it’s one of those new generation spam bots that try to win our hearts before they win our minds.

So you tell me that there is an second bot that is going to react on your post? so that people think that is an legit post from an person answering your question? smart but well to bad I, Gloweye and Dagoth Ur are here to foil your plan!

Gloweye

TBH, I don’t know if forum reply buttons are similar enough for a bot to handle easily. But we’ll see.

why would he reply? he can just post it like this. as an answer.

Ecoavoild

Проектирование очистных сооружений – это главное направление деятельности компании «ЭКО». Если вас интересует проектирование очистных сооружений для частного дома, проектирование городских очистных сооружений, проектирование очистных сооружений района, проектирование осадки очистных сооружений, проектирование промышленных очистных сооружений, проектирование очистных сооружений ливневых стоков, проектирование локальных очистных сооружений, то вам точно сюда. Многие жители Москвы и Санкт Петербурга уже оценили обслуживание очистных сооружений, эксплуатацию очистных сооружений, строительство очистных сооружений, расчет очистных сооружений в компании «ЭКО». важно учесть, что в компании для модернизации, изготовления и проектирования очистных сооружений применяются только качественные современные материалы и технологии. Поэтому проектирование очистных сооружений стоков, проектирование биологических очистных сооружений, проектирование очистных сооружений канализации, проектирование очистных сооружений сточных вод, проектирование локальных очистных сооружений, проектирование осадок очистных сооружений в компании «ЭКО» является даст нужный результат. Специалисты наши специалисты помогут вам со строительством, обслуживанием, проектированием и эксплуатацией очистных сооружений в Москве и Санкт Петербурге, а также других регионах России. Добавим также, что спектр услуг «ЭКО» довольно разнообразен. Это и проектирование ливневых очистных сооружений, и проектирование систем очистных сооружений, и проектирование бытовых очистных сооружений, и проектирование схем очистных сооружений, и проектирование очистных сооружений для автомойки, и проектирование очистных сооружений для дома, и реконструкция очистных сооружений, и очистка очистных сооружений, и установка очистных сооружений.
    Очистные сооружения. ЭКО: Обслуживание ливневых очистных сооружений

Gloweye

Hey, his buddy came back 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.