Creation/Destruction Summoning

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Creation/Destruction Summoning

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hieronymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hieronymous

Seeing the Blight & Spirit elementals in the video and screenshots for Golden Realms has me wondering if they’ll pop up as summons for the Destruction and Creation spheres. Unless I’m playing a summoner class, I hesitate to take Destruction/Creation Mastery and deny myself the elemental summons. Granted, I mostly play long SP games, and I don’t know how much of a consideration this is for MP.

Would Creation be overpowered with a summoning spell added on top of Bless, Holy Cure, and Resurrect? Does Destruction seem a little ‘meh’ to anyone?

To be clear, I am not trying to advocate for homogenous gameplay. I don’t think every magic sphere needs its own elementally re-skinned array of summons and nukes and blablabla, and I think Triumph did a pretty good job of keeping the magic spheres diverse. Just curious about these two cases, and whether people think it would be appropriate or not.

Ravenholme

I suspect we won’t hear either way, as I suspect it is one of those things the beta testers are not allowed to talk about and the devs won’t. Not yet.

Gloweye

we dont know, but i’ll admit I thought exactly the same thing.

That said, current elementals are a bit….the same. i mean, Earth Elemental with floating?

Hieronymous

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. Seeing the same animations for all of them (and shadow stalkers) doesn’t help the feeling, but that doesn’t bother me too much.

I just remembered that the Blight Elemental in Tombles’ video had a vomit attack, so maybe abilities will become a thing for the others? I could see Explosive Death on the Fire Elemental, and/or Firebomb with a cooldown.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.