Customization Sheilds/Sigils/Unit Rename – Other ideas

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Customization Sheilds/Sigils/Unit Rename – Other ideas

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  GreyHuntr 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

rob_james

This topic is by no means important at all, but was wondering your opinions on have the ability to control.

We can assume you will have the ability to pick your portraits, and avatar (leader) and its been said you can pick your color which will change your unit clothing.

Class, race, and alignment, and lets not forget reputation but what else would people like to see

The main one I think of is:

(Sigil /Shield/ Banner) Ok who cannot agree that they don’t want a dire wolf  as their standard right now. Having your own represents your ideals, I thought shields in AOW 1 were awesome.

The other maybe:

(Unit/City Rename) I can see both pros and cons of this so maybe not a great idea, but whilst your waiting for other players turns its a good way to pass the time.

rob_james

Sorry just thought of another

(Naming your civilization)

Maybe at the start when your choosing your leaders name you can give your people an identity.

I like all of these. Maybe naming gold medal units, extra immersion for the living legends of your armies?

I also wish you could get heroes stepping forth from the ranks, so if your Orc warlord gets 200 kills (for example), he becomes a hero (with the same unit graphics, slightly better stats, and hero abilities…)

liclic

I’m not against a face creation of your avatar but I don’t care at all…

BlaneckW

At least with the unofficial patch, I consider AOW2:SM heroes too weak.  Shouldn’t be shot down by a couple of low-level units.

Brother JO

I think Warhammer 40k like customization for units/cities/structures would be great.

rob_james

@liclic

Yeah a face creation would be cool if they don’t use portraits, might not see much with the avatar from afar though!

@zamina

That would be pretty awesome and add a new depth to it, Medieval Total War did this with the most senior units in rank becoming a general of sorts! Making the lower units more appreciated I am pro this!.

@Brother JO

If they had that color customization this game would rock!

And be honest it this game is going to attract the table top crowed, and will attract a lot more if they get a bit involved in that direction. I was hoping we would see varying units cloth/helms in a squad but the animation of them swaying differently will make them less symmetrical

Its the perfect time to be released! with the franchise of the hobbit, Game of thrones, Jack and the giant killer, and no doubt others!

Really hope they leave a customize trademark like

Dawn of War 1 &2, Battle for middle Earth 2, Warlords Battlecry franchise.

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Players choose a main color, a secondary color and a glyph that is applied on banners, shields and unit clothing. This is not just for fun but also for Unit ID.

As for leaders / heroes. Their appearance can be further customized. We’ll show more on this soon!

Both Leaders and Heroes? That is interesting. We might see bearded Dwarf women after all…

Brother JO

Players choose a main color, a secondary color and a glyph that is applied on banners, shields and unit clothing. This is not just for fun but also for Unit ID.

Great! Thanks for answer 🙂 I have a question :  Can we create/upload our own glyphs to use them in game?

As for leaders / heroes. Their appearance can be further customized. We’ll show more on this soon!

I’m glad to hear that heroes will look alike no more! Thanks!

rob_james

I have no idea what to say… no words cover how awesome thats going to be!!

Since Lennart says that heroes appearence will be customizable, i hope that the equipped artifacts will be visible on the hero body in battle, and maybe even in the world map. At least weapons…

And i want back my beloved chicken shield.

But i think/hope that the devs already realized my requests, since they are quite obvious if heroes will be customizable.

GreyHuntr

I love the fact that you can choose your own heraldry. That is a big plus in my book.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.