Descriptions for RG upgrades

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Descriptions for RG upgrades

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  m007kuzya 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

Greetings!

I want to completely remake RG upgrades for game. I know how this can be made technically, but I have new problem. Where are all these descriptions for upgrades? Where I must put new descriptions for my upgrades? In upgrade properties there are empty strings.

Gloweye

You’re looking for the Race Definitions. Almost at the bottom of the list, there’s a link to a secondary screen containing all the RG upgrades’ names, descriptions, and applied Player Properties.

Zaskow

Thank you very much!

Zaskow

BTW, is anyone interested in this type of mod?

Gloweye

I’ve been thinking about it – mostly just about making 2 military-type choices as they seem so much more fun. Dunno if I’d use it though, as I hardly play the game these days, between modding myself and doing all else that needs to be done…

Zaskow

I’ve been thinking about it – mostly just about making 2 military-type choices as they seem so much more fun. Dunno if I’d use it though, as I hardly play the game these days, between modding myself and doing all else that needs to be done…

I see. I’m asking, because remaking all these RG upgrades needs a lot of time and testing. Just don’t want to waste a time for things which are not very interesting for community.

Gloweye

You can make a spell that awards RG points IIRC. That might speed testing up a bit.

Zaskow

You can make a spell that awards RG points IIRC. That might speed testing up a bit.

No need, because cheats will help.

4) Use cheats to unlock draconian RG3 (select the draconian city and use the cheat “GOUDENEEUWEN”)

Problem is balance and performance testing.

ESCL

I would definitely be interested in that kind of mod, and I would prefer it to be along the lines of Gloweye’s suggestion. My dream would be having one option of upgrading racial units and one upgrading the race’s class units. But that might be impossible as they would ideally be based on which class you’re playing.

Gloweye

But that might be impossible as they would ideally be based on which class you’re playing.

Only Necromancer get’s a set of duplicates for the Economic option, and that’s hardcoded. You can edit when you get the alternate set, but there’s only 1 alternate set available.

Zaskow

My dream would be having one option of upgrading racial units and one upgrading the race’s class units.

Well, I thought about more RG ups which influence class units too. Now influence is too low and not very common.

You can edit when you get the alternate set, but there’s only 1 alternate set available.

And AFAIK there are no possibilities to connect certain RG upgrades to the certain player’s class.

Zaskow

Greetings!

I want to make more meaningful and important early ups, because a lot of vanilla ups are piece of crap amd work on racial low-tier units which I won’t use with passing of game. Even some late ups are boring or just too weak and you must choose ‘less’ worse.
    So, here is my very first project of changes for RG upgrades. Read, discuss, criticize…
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hn2g59g55gbts3/Racial%20RG.doc?dl=0
    Red cells are old upgrades, which need more brainstorming.
    Here are current RG ups for comparison:
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Racial_Governance

vota dc

Fast healing doesn’t work on ghouls, that would be totally useless for a Tigran Necromancer.

Zaskow

Fast healing doesn’t work on ghouls, that would be totally useless for a Tigran Necromancer.

Ok, what will be better?

m007kuzya

Ok, what will be better?

may be -25 gold for prowler?
    may be “Irregulars, Cavalry and Infantry gain Plains Running”? or, may be, “all Tigrans Units gain Plains and/or Barren Running”? It is thematic and really userful for any classes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.