Dev Journal: The Anatomy of a Hero

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Dev Journal: The Anatomy of a Hero

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  jxikzn 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

danielvv1

even if we assume elves really can’t have beard, what about half elves? being half humans, sure they can have! if I decide to make a half elf leader for my elven nation (or for my human nation…), can’t I make him bearded? I should be able to.

about all the rest: great work!

Murcelago

even if we assume elves really can’t have beard, what about half elves?

There wasn’t said anywhere in AoW series anything about half-elves. Maybe elves and humans just can’t make children with eachother? That would explain why Merlin’ and Julia’s relationship broke.
    And if we have half-elves, we’ll need to have half-dwarves, half-elf-half-dwarves(yay! Elf women with beards!!!) etc. Let’s not do it and leave cross-breeding to giants =)

By the way, what about goblins? Will they have beards? Bearded goblin would look extra sly

Fizzbitch

This is not Raymond E Feists’ book though, nor is it Lord of the Rings. Elves in different universes are not the same. They’re very different. I’m guessing the Elves in Raymond E Feists books are not devided into Vanyar, Noldor and Teleri Elves either, now are they?

Bearded goblin would look extra sly

lmao xD +1

What about other strange features … why only fight for beards … i want some halos, devil horns, angelic wings, iron skin, genie swirly mist leg stuff, etc! 😛

vfxrob

Yeah I would like the option of elf beards but at the end of the day, its just ‘a nice to have’ some games include them like Skyrim others like dragon age don’t..

But what must be included! That has been a legacy since the first game when they were crazed fashion and essential headgear and the rougue head/icon thing has been teasing me with for months is hoods!!!! They Need to be added and for all classes, as it where thy have come from since the beginning! no matter what they add, I will wine and stamp my feet with this…

Andysaurus

Will it be possible to create a Leonardo DiCaprio head – he has a very distinctive arcane hairline, and I want him to have a crew cut and slight facial hair (is in The Departed)?

Will it be possible to create race hybrids – i.e. stick a Leo DiCaprio head on to a Draconian Flyer body ( + horns ) ?

Wow, with the new customization options, the devs have given me something I didn’t even know that I wanted…and now I really want it! Good job!

I support the motion for a hood, though! 🙂

This is not Raymond E Feists’ book though, nor is it Lord of the Rings.

True enough, but the High Elves are quite Tolkien like: uppity culture, biological immortality, sinful not giving land to humans, etc.

As to other wacky doodads like horns, halos, etc, I think they should be alignment based rather than on the start. Like if I decide to Walter White my Theocrat or Rouge, I should get to put horns on after some evil betrayals and such.

On the flip-side, my noble warlord or Dreadnought should get to have a halo after playing the good guy.

Andocair

Having no, or little facial hair is IMO one of the defining features of elves. I never tried to glue a full beard to my Dunmers face in Skyrim, so I don’t know if it’s possible. But the NPCs rarely have more than a goatee, if they have one at all.

That said, a carefully trimmed goatee would be something I could see an AoW-elf wearing.

Allax

Hmm, unfortunately I can’t see any of these pics(( Both with Opera and Firefox. Is it only mine trouble?

Thass

Hmm, unfortunately I can’t see any of these pics(( Both with Opera and Firefox. Is it only mine trouble?

I don’t think so I have the same issue with other journals and also I am using Google chrome.

Fen1kz

Dwarven lady is cute :3

male elves definitely should have a beard, the older looking elf – the more beard allowed.

(but really i don’t care about males, just make ladies sexy and i’ll play only them :3 )

vfxrob

This approach makes a lot more sense now, never fully appreciated how well this was planned and executed.

jxikzn
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.