Dev Journal: The Return of PBEM multiplayer

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Dev Journal: The Return of PBEM multiplayer

This topic contains 94 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  Taykor 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Maybe a bit late but I was wondering how long you can wait before replying to a PBEM game before you forfeit it? Like how long do you have to play your turn?

I think *the host has control over this, and can set how long before a player auto loses.

* it’s been a while since I played pbem.

EverydayJoe

The host does have control over it. He can adjust how many days everyone has, or if there is a turn timer at all.

However, if you do miss your turn, you don’t automatically forfeit the match, you just get skipped. (You might still get kicked out manually. ;))

Gloweye

That wasn’t the question.

If there is no activity at all in a match, the server will auto-terminate it after a while. THAT was the question.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Maybe a bit late but I was wondering how long you can wait before replying to a PBEM game before you forfeit it? Like how long do you have to play your turn?

Iirc you have 2 months.

Taykor

If there is no activity at all in a match, the server will auto-terminate it after a while. THAT was the question.

Ah. That’s what happened to that our game…

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.