Dev Journal: Tigrans Part I

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Dev Journal: Tigrans Part I

This topic contains 270 replies, has 119 voices, and was last updated by  Andre2k 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 271 total)
  • Author

Zorrino

Nice surprise! Give us one more class! ;)

Another class would be cool, like how about transforming the shadow demons into a class some how, where they are summoned from a different dimension and they will act like a class and a race put together. So in retrospect they are in some way a new type of Sorcerer but would be called, “Mage” or “Wizard” or how about “Techno-Mage”. Either way I could see the shadow demons being an interesting class/race to play, because not only will you be able to summon those creatures but you would be able to build the other races depending on which race you chose to play as.

Me like the Kitten army, hope to see some humor added in with this game, throw some kittens into the mix of a Tigran unit. =D

Zathrendar

You guys just can’t say no to us, can you? 😀

My second (third if you count dark elves as separate to high elves) race returns, as does my third favourite, frostlings.

I do hope the elves will be getting some good racials to compete with these, though.

The lore description of the Sabretooth chariot is awesome, it really fits in with the race’s devotion to Yaka and their Egyptian aesthetic.

Athei

OH YEAH! I’m buying two copies when it’s out!

Merkraad

WOW!

These last news have been bombastic and made me eagerly wait for the next friday impatiently, to read the newest features of the expansion. And this was a total surprise!!!

I hope we get my favorite AoW SM unit, Sphinxes, with Dominate and Drain Will 🙂

Ova84

it taking a long time but it is well worth the wait Necromancer Tigrans Frostling!

Tigrans are one of my favs back in the shadow magic darn humans playing god only a cat should lead the cats.

i can’t wait till it out really but i will because it worth it, I still am not sure why they bought back the halfling before many of the other races.

i would love to see the shadow realm again however a lot of people hate it so my hope are not high on that, If you note a button on the custom you can turn off underground and surface so those who hate the shadowrealm can just turn it off hello people WAKE UP and LEARN!

Brandon_354

More spirit resisting units was the last thing that we needed. Theocrats (and to some degree humans) already get countered by a huge number of spirit resist/IMMUNE units.

the upcoming undead necromancer units were going to possibly help balance this out assuming the leader didn’t get a spirit resist upgrade but this just turns around and destroys the hopes of that.

Ravenholme

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Seamus the Bold wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dr_K wrote:</div><br>
    They mention it being much more fragile in comparison to cavalry, so I would guess that it is technically the archer unit for the Tigrans.

Alternatively, they could have a more sturdy archer unit to act as a balance for the more fragile T2 cavalry unit.

Maybe they just mix things up and give us a T1 cavalary and a T2 Archer?

Nope, its a genuine T2 cavalry unit(That means, it’s got the Cavalry ability, along with Charge and Mounted, while not having the Archer one. ATM).

And let me tell you this: their combat map speed is frightening.

BBB, remember, eat it on video! We want proof!

Ah, you got into the Beta then? Lucky!

More spirit resisting units was the last thing that we needed. Theocrats (and to some degree humans) already get countered by a huge number of spirit resist/IMMUNE units.

the upcoming undead necromancer units were going to possibly help balance this out assuming the leader didn’t get a spirit resist upgrade but this just turns around and destroys the hopes of that.

As a primarily Theocrat player – if it is Spirit Resistance you are not countered in any way, shape, or form. You have plenty of ways to increase your damage against spirit resistant units in the form of marking as heretics and your end game global enchantments.

People seem to act as if Theos are pure Spirit Damage, but in most cases you are Phys/Spirit. Spirit resistance means that some of the damage will still affect them.

Sirrkas

Looks like there is a typo. The Tigran Prowler have “marital arts”. Shouldn´t it be “marital arts” instead?

Anyway, I love that they will implement one of my favorite races to AoW3.

ESCL

Good grief Triumph, whatever happened to milking us for money? I only dared to dream about seeing the Tigrians in this expansion and now you’ve only gone and done it. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to repay this gift. You have my undying respect, loyalty and reverence, whatever you choose to do in the future.

Ghevd

Ugh! I’m glad these Tigrans make some people happy but personally they only serve as a delay to necromancy. 🙁 So, screw you Tigrans! Your not welcome to be assimilated into my undead legions.

Wow beefy expansion though! Maybe too beefy? I hope they charge enough for all this. I’ll pay any price for necromancy alone! Wow first time in my life I wished a micro-transaction was possible.

Guess I got my hopes up. At most, a release date. At least, a way to preorder!

Now if you’ll excuse me. I must study ever pixel of these pics for signs of necromancy

SaintTodd

SaintTodd

I was thinking the same thing.

SaintTodd

Looks like there is a typo. The Tigran Prowler have “marital arts”. Shouldn´t it be “marital arts” instead?

Anyway, I love that they will implement one of my favorite races to AoW3.

You meant “martial”, right?

Sifer2

Wow. This is definitely a true old school PC expansion pack in terms of the amount of new content included.

I hope it’s not the last new content we get since I would really like an eighth class at some point. But if it is the last then at least it looks like they got most all of the most requested stuff from fans in here. Necro, Frostlings, Tigrans. If they announce some of the remaining missing units as Dwellings then it’s almost all here lol.

madmac

Don’t ever underestimate the Prowlers extensive knowledge of wedding ceremonies. Your average Prowler knows how to hide in the wedding cakes of at least six different cultures!

It helps with the assassinating, you see…and the cake, but mostly they just like cake. Prowlers always cry at weddings after they’re finished killing the groom, too. You’ll never understand their sensitive souls.

Tibbles

Don’t ever underestimate the Prowlers extensive knowledge of wedding ceremonies. Your average Prowler knows how to hide in the wedding cakes of at least six different cultures!

It helps with the assassinating, you see…and the cake, but mostly they just like cake. Prowlers always cry at weddings after they’re finished killing the groom, too. You’ll never understand their sensitive souls.

Don’t spoil the Wedding Crasher racial skill D:

Chikanuk

MOTHER
    OF
    EBIN!!1

Jaduggar

YES!!!
    YES!!! XD

*SHAKES ARMS AROUND***!!**

TIGERANSNDK!@!!

XD
    XD
    XD
    X
    D

Charlatan

You guys are crazy, but if they don’t get cardboard boxes in their towns I’ll return to sulking ! o:

Boxes

Jaduggar

lol… maybe theyre just… prolific?

ignatius

http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/shut_up_and_take_my_money-tArray.jpg

Charlatan

Maybe early for balance suggestion but I think Water Spells should apply Panic to Tigrans.

Akinaba

Awesome! Never expected Tigrans to enter the same expansion where Frostligs were! More of the desert/south regions gameplay? Aye, aye!

However, I still long for Lizardmen (hope for nex expansion) and a couple or at least one new class (Witcher or Heretic or whatever, to play the powers of shadows). Hope for it!

On a sidenote: Playin’ AoW right now makes me wonder why Dreadnought heroes does not have the passive ability to repair machine units while on strategic map (alike Healing does with live units) and requesting the same skill for a Sorcerer to resore it’s arcane beings faster.

Aaand THANK YOU! <3

Jaduggar

On a sidenote: Playin’ AoW right now makes me wonder why Dreadnought heroes does not have the passive ability to repair machine units while on strategic map (alike Healing does with live units) and requesting the same skill for a Sorcerer to resore it’s arcane beings faster.

Both of these skills exist. Dreadnaughts ‘Repair Machine’ and Sorcs ‘Mend Magical Being’ work on the overworld map as long as the two units are in the same stack with one another. They heal the unit furthest to the left once per turn.

Jaduggar

Step 1:
    Accquire Doritos
    Step 2:
    Accquire eadible string-like things (E.g. Balla STIXX)
    Step 3:
    Puncture Doritos
    Step 4:
    Put the STIXX through the Holes
    Step 5:
    Repeat until hat is finished
    Step 6:
    Eat that disgusting stuff

You cant do this XD

How are you supposed to puncture a dorrito without breaking it? Also… sowing only works with soft things… even if there was a way to get your string cheese long and sturdy enough to try this, as soon as you pulled the strings tight, all of your brittle dorritos would shatter.

Melting them together with cheese (another idea someone suggested) will only work if you have an absurd amount of cheese, or if the dorritos were form fitting. The only way I can think of to make a dorrito hat would require you to be able to soften the dorritos and re-fry them after you molded them into a hat.

Im going to stop talking about this now… all of the imagery of oily food on someones head is making me so squeemish I kind of want to cry x.x

Draxynnic

I see the strict policy of not letting the cats out of the bag has paid off. 😀

One way I could see to making a dorito hat would be to use flatbread as a base to make a kind of cap, and then there are a range of dips that should be sticky enough that they shouldn’t let too much slip off. Hummus would probably be worth trying.

terrahero

To me this came as a complete surprise. I told my girlfriend to guess the news and her reply was “a race of cats?”

So my evening has been thoroughly made.

One way I could see to making a dorito hat would be to use flatbread as a base to make a kind of cap, and then there are a range of dips that should be sticky enough that they shouldn’t let too much slip off. Hummus would probably be worth trying.

I don’t know, hummus sounds kind of healthy for a dorito hat. It should probably be some kind of spicy, cheese-like substance.

Zorrino

Maybe early for balance suggestion but I think Water Spells should apply Panic to Tigrans.

Now that’s the kind of humor I’m talking about. =D

Kaiosama TLJ

Well, it seems that this will be one hell of an expansion considering the amount of content so far.

My impression thought is that Tigrans will favour Rogues. Cheethas will undoubtly be Irregulars, and since they can Pounce to get behind enemy lines they getting Backstab is a scary thought.

If the Tigran’s Archer don’t have Bleeding Wounds then I could say we have another good synergy here with Archdruids.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 271 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.