Digital Distribution and authentication

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Digital Distribution and authentication

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tawni 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ZombieEater

Is there any info yet on how the distribution will be handled? Steam? And once we have downloaded the game, is it easy to burn to a disk yourself?

Also, will there be some kind of authentication server, or will there be a “code” delivered with the game?

I played AoW2AM until recently and I would have been very unhappy if I couldn’t play it anymore because some server at TS or <insert publisher> gets turned off.

TS, please avoid the recent blow-up that Sim City went through.

Red Key

Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that’s appropriate.

According to this article from months ago.

Why would you burn it to a disk?

Tomipapa

There will be a steam and also a gog version of the game. The gog version is DRM free and the steam version probably only use steam protection.

Tawni

Age of Wonders 3 has high production values and will be sold on Steam and Good old Games and in boxes in regions where that’s appropriate.

According to this article from months ago.

Why would you burn it to a disk?

Because then you don’t have to download it twice or more if you want to install on multiple computers.

Just a guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.