Diplomacy Auto-Balance offer not working?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Diplomacy Auto-Balance offer not working?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SiaFu 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Layne66

Can someone confirm that it’s working on their game? I’ve played about 7 games so far and not one had this option work on the diplomacy screen, nothing happens when I press it. Is it turned off while the devs work on the mana/gold values for AI?

Patolord

I have the same issue, somehow once when i pressed the character said ” i cant accept this offer” or something along these lines but not clue how i did and now it does nothing.

NINJEW

i’m not fully convinced that that button actually functions in any way and doesn’t just call

void place_holder(){
    //fill in later
    }

in any case, how the ai reacts to you diplomatically will have far more to do with your respective army strengths than what you’re putting on the table. if you have a way bigger army than them, they want peace. if you have a much smaller army than them, they’ll break alliance immediately to attack you.

SiaFu

It is just a gauge for relevant price anyway.
    With diplomatic offers, your military and their attitude determine the exchange rate.
    Count on 400+gold along with a peace offer if you are vastly superior to the AI’s forces (on Emperor).
    With stuff, the exchange rate for an at-peace, neutral to friendly AI are:
    1 mana = 1 gold
    Items:
    Common: 50g
    Strong: 100g
    Epic: 150g
    Legendary: 225g
    Mythical: 300g
    So you can use your overflowing mana to rob friendly AIs even of their starting hero gear.
    And for cities I don’t have all the factors, so without the balance button try offering as much mana/gold as you can.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.