Diplomacy – buy and sell units

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Diplomacy – buy and sell units

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Socratatus 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

emky

Do you think it’s feasible for diplomacy to add trading of units? It already has items and cities? (And, AI is already highly exploitable on those, so that’s not necessarily relevant…)

My friends and I play hotseat games (since there’s no LAN :() allied up against teams of AI, and it’d just be another layer of fun, or could even be exercised in a multiplayer FFA game.

Gloweye

Dunno if that’s a smart move…the balance implications are insane. For example, imagine a Warlord/Theocrat coalition, which would enable the Theocrat to give Evangelists(healing+Spirit damage for the Warlord), and return Manticores(which will promtly get Devout, and be a very solid flying T4 for the Theocrat. You can pair them with 5/stack along with a single shrine, and they’ll obliterate basically anything.)

Ravenholme

Dunno if that’s a smart move…the balance implications are insane. For example, imagine a Warlord/Theocrat coalition, which would enable the Theocrat to give Evangelists(healing+Spirit damage for the Warlord), and return Manticores(which will promtly get Devout, and be a very solid flying T4 for the Theocrat. You can pair them with 5/stack along with a single shrine, and they’ll obliterate basically anything.)

I think I’ve heard Tombles voicing as much as to why it is not implemented, some time around the Golden Realm’s release.

Epaminondas

This is another idea that would totally unbalance the game once you think about it, for the reasons that Gloweyes cited and then some more.

emky

So non-class units.

So non-class units.

Racial units – just gift the town then :).

Fenraellis

So non-class units.

Racial units – just gift the town then :).

Aye.

Anyway, aside from the fact that unit trading has never been in AoW, preventing unit and spell trading also helps maintain the distinctiveness of the different classes and player setups.

Socratatus

Gal Civ 3 manages trading of units with the AI, although it’s not easy. Sure it could be done here with the programming will.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.