Discussion: Explosive Death and Goblin Bombers

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Discussion: Explosive Death and Goblin Bombers

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ultimatum 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Akinaba

1. I have a question at first:

The description of the Explosive Death says: Upon death, this unit deals 10 Physical and 10 Fire damage to all units surrounding it.

And I thought… And what if one will decide to use suchan abilitu against fortifications? I mean… It’s explosion. It obviously should be available to be used as some sort of sabotage against machines and fortifications.

So If it really does not affect city fortifications I would like firstly to suggest fortifications to the list of things that gain damage froom this ability.

Second of all I would like to add maybe a Demolition (or Demolition (x2)) effect to the Explosive Death to make it usefull against Machines and Fortifications.

2. The second thing. This whole thought came to me when I was remembering good-old Goblin Bomber units. I really miss them. Do you? So I thought what if to give the Untouchables a little bag-carrying bombs? That will grant them something like Suicidal Explosion or Explode ability. That will be just as Explosive death only on purpose. Make it 5/5 fire/phys instead of 10/10 if you like. Who cares, if that’s their last ability in their lives? Ofcourse it would be nice if Spy Drones would also have this.

Fogcrow

remembering good-old Goblin Bomber units. I really miss them. Do you?

yes, I do… I´m afraid they might be absent for political reasons…

Gloweye

I miss them to. And that’s the reason to allow mod tools: if the community makes a bomber, triumph doesn’t get the bad reputation.

And if mod tools are released, I bet a copy of AoW 4 that we’ll see the first bomber mod in a week time.

I was thinking about a unit with no abiliites but for explosive death and self destruct – meaning it’s always going out with a blast, but a double-sized one if it’s on purpose. So both could be 10/10 abilities. Since it’s single use, it kind of balances, as it most likely won’t be able to take out T1 line troops in a single blast.

Thariorn

I was thinking about a unit with no abiliites but for explosive death and self destruct – meaning it’s always going out with a blast, but a double-sized one if it’s on purpose. So both could be 10/10 abilities. Since it’s single use, it kind of balances, as it most likely won’t be able to take out T1 line troops in a single blast.

When I toyed with Bombers I thought about having them place down a Bomb as a substitute for their self-destruct (And of course explosive death)
    So, somehthing like a 2-turn fuse, which results in enemy units rarely diying to the set bomb, but perfect against stunned enemies/buildings/walls

Gloweye

TBH, I can hardly wait for the first guy to pair goblins bombers with a Divine Justicars Theocrat…

Maybe we should tag them supports :p? even if just for the resurgence..

Thariorn

I thought explosive Death would cancle Resurgence/Reanimate/(true)Resurrect Skills/Spells?

I thought explosive Death would cancle Resurgence/Reanimate/(true)Resurrect Skills/Spells?

it does cancel

Akinaba

Another possible solution is to add Untouchables not the bombs but some “bags” filled with explosive gass. And to give them reactive ability like Explosive Gas dealing 3/3/3 phys/fire/blight damage on players will. No Explosive Gas Death though.

I repeat that on my opinion any explosion should also deal dmg to Machines and Fortification so that that Explosive things should have something close to Demolisher Effect.

I would like the comeback of bombers as well. But NOT at the expense of the Untouchables. Like them as they are.
    I remember someone else suggested adding the skewer as a cheap throw away unit back to the goblins for more reacial differentiation (that is one unit more than other races.)
    Still like that concept but I would much more prefer to use it for adding the bomber.

I´m afraid they might be absent for political reasons…

Really? that would be strange. I mean this is a fantasy WAR game after all. There is much more crazy shit out there in other games especiall in games more close to reality than this one.

Gloweye

It used to, but was revoked for resurgence specifically. Don’t remember exactly when, but I believe it was one of the last GR patches. Had something to do with Bomb Squad being basically the worst hero upgrade in the game depending on circumstances IIRC. I must say I still don’t really get it’s use.

The others are all out though, since they require a corpse.

Iirc this actually was in the game at one point, with Drones, but people were just suiciding them.
    Whereas now the opponent can at least limit his losses through manoeuvre.
    My memory is very hazy on this…

But I don’t recall any mention of politics.

I want Bombers back!

Ultimatum

In all the times I played Age of wonders I never once built a goblin bomber,goblin spears always got first strike so I built them primarily

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.