Do you not obtain XPs from fights that end up in a draw?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Do you not obtain XPs from fights that end up in a draw?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Epaminondas 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Epaminondas

I thought it was a bug when I first saw it, but I’ve seen this happen repeatedly. While testing my mod that increased HPs and Def/Res dramatically, I’ve had several battles that ended in a draw. And whenever this happens, it seems like all the XP gained in that battle is lost – and even units that leveled during the battle loses the level.

Is this intended?

ESCL

Yup, remember reading something about it in a patch or something long ago. Meant as an incentive not to abuse the AI I believe. Could see that causing problems for your mod though – is the maximum turns limit messing with you in the big battles?

Epaminondas

Yup, remember reading something about it in a patch or something long ago. Meant as an incentive not to abuse the AI I believe. Could see that causing problems for your mod though – is the maximum turns limit messing with you in the big battles?

Ah, thanks; I suspected I missed a patch.

Yeah, especially in archer v. archer type of battles, nobody does any damage, and it kinda stalemates (my mod is also designed to reduce ranged damage, except the really big ticket items like cannons, trebuchets, etc.). But I don’t think I want to increase max turn limit though – if anything, I want to reduce it as 30 turns is really too much.

Gloweye

It’s a side effect of having no EXP when you retreat, since the attacker’s considered to retreat when a battle ends in a draw.

Steven Aus

I take it that means that the defender keeps his EXP.

Epaminondas

I take it that means that the defender keeps his EXP.

Interesting, and it would make sense – if true. I better check the next time this happens; I had neglected to do so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.