Don’t promote or advertise products unrelated to Age of Wonders

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Off Topic/General Discussion Don’t promote or advertise products unrelated to Age of Wonders

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fairshuru 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jimmy

I noticed we recently had some forum topics ‘promoting’ other videogames. Now we don’t mind comparisons being made between Age of Wonders and other games, but purely promoting a third party game is not allowed. There are other places more suitable for that.

* Don’t promote or advertise products unrelated to Age of Wonders.
    http://www.ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/please-follow-our-terms-of-use/?view=all

LegioIX

I hope this wasn’t directed at my topic […which was about another fantasy TBS – completely different compared to AoW 3…. I thought that AoW 3 fans will be happy to hear about yet another game in the genre, espcially because this genre is so small in the whole “gaming scene”] but I must say that this sounds quite weird..I haven’t seen such extreme moderation (?) on any game’s forums so far, but of course, we must live with the rules…no problems, I usually don’t read stickied forum rules, perhaps I should change this behaviour of mine. 🙂

jimmy

Hi LegioIX. Recently we noticed several topics popping up about other games or Kickstarters from other games. It’s not really what this forum was founded for, as we’re not an all-round games community (like IGN). There are other places more suitable for that.

If a topic is about the comparison between AoW and other games, it’s fine. But we put the line at the dedicated ‘promotion’ of other games.
    I can imagine you’d rather see it different, but for now that’s the way things are. I hope for your understanding.

LegioIX

Indeed, it’s understandable Jimmy, and thanks for your input on the matter!

* Don’t promote or advertise products unrelated to Age of Wonders.

Does this include suggestions to use other games to advertise Age of Wonders?

nspannaus

What an odd rule. I’d describe it as almost… Draconian.

fairshuru

Recently we noticed several topics popping up about other games or Kickstarters from other games. It’s not really what this forum was founded for, as we’re not an all-round games community (like IGN). There are other places more suitable for that.???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.