Druids the wild hunt to affect Sea Creatures

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Druids the wild hunt to affect Sea Creatures

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Agent Fluff 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

CSav10

I think it would fit, having the wild hunt affect sea creatures. THe class is supposed to have an affinity with all animals. I can understand machines not being affected. I also love the idea of having craken floating around ;).

Bob5

I think it was removed because floating boats were heavily OP. As for Sea Creatures, I think the main reason was that floating krakens looked really weird when moving on land. Besides, Krakens moving on land would be heavily OP, they can already take on entire stacks of T3s on their own, that Swallow Whole is terrifying on them.

Thariorn

I think it was removed because floating boats were heavily OP. As for Sea Creatures, I think the main reason was that floating krakens looked really weird when moving on land. Besides, Krakens moving on land would be heavily OP, they can already take on entire stacks of T3s on their own, that Swallow Whole is terrifying on them

This.

Pretty much all the Sea Creatures/Units are balanced by being much stronger than their Tier-Equivelents but being restricted to the sea.
    Krakens are pretty much the strongest straight up Unit in the game, so letting them Float onto land resulted in them just being overpowered as hell.

And, ehh, yeah.
    Creatures/units which bodies are partially submerged, still look that way on land.
    So Krakens/Mermaids/etc. would swimm through the land.

quo

If we ever get a future expansion (one can hope), I would like the sea creatures affected by this spell and the graphics issue addressed somehow.

Krakens are good but not ridiculous better than Gluttons or those new lightning storm caster guys, whatever they are called, and both of those units traverse land as well as water. I understand why the power had to be changed not work with boats, though.

Bob5

Gluttons do have some qualities yes, like AoE, Taunt, and Regeneration at bronze, but compared to Krakens Gluttons really suffer from that abysmal defense stat of only 8. They’re easily entangled, webbed, and so on, and go down relatively fast to archer fire, especially Monster Slayer archer fire. Krakens combine excellent bulk with Swallow Whole to just keep on going in melee, especially once they get to Elite and gain Tireless.

It was actually the ships at the time (although flying krakens is appalling). They let a late game ad out dreadnought a dreadnought (since galleons are cheap, and have cannon).

CSav10

Danmit I had a dream, and that dream involved flying Krakens ;( lols. Most sea creatures are hard to find at any rate and take time to evolve. I can understand peoples balance worries though.

Ravenholme

Krakens would asphyxiate on land, anyway.

CSav10

Quite off topic is there any point to having wall climbing on a flying unit? I noticed something on a Wiki page that made me wonder…. Well basically there was a unit I spotted with wall climbing and flying. As for Krakens asphyxiating, the ones I dreamed of were magical oxygen breathing krakens floating around swallowing things whole ;), an army led by Lord Krakhead himself.

Quite off topic is there any point to having wall climbing on a flying unit? I noticed something on a Wiki page that made me wonder…. Well basically there was a unit I spotted with wall climbing and flying

Probably the Flyer or Exalted.
    They got it because being Infantry automatically gives it to a unit.
    Also with double gravity it might see use.

Gloweye

Danmit I had a dream, and that dream involved flying Krakens ;( lols. Most sea creatures are hard to find at any rate and take time to evolve. I can understand peoples balance worries though.

Reminds me…

Leviathan

CSav10

Thanks Ferrus Animus, and ya it was the Fallen angel unit ;P.
    Also nice picture Gloweye rofl. Just like my vision! Really took the swallow whole thing litterally. I was thinking units, but builings will do nicely aswell haha ;).

Agent Fluff

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, IT’S THE KRAKEN!

Gloweye

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, IT’S THE KRAKEN!

In this case, a Leviathan, but that’s a Sea Creature in most sources just the same.

Agent Fluff

Oh yes, that’s a nice picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.