Dwarven Deathbringer Perk

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Dwarven Deathbringer Perk

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ferrus_Animus 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lucid

Dwarven deathbringer currently doesnt get a perk. Seems fitting since dwarves and necromancers have some anti-synergy (redundant poison res).

Any thoughts on a good perk? I was thinking defensive strike but that might be too strong.

Maybe shield? Maybe +1 armor + 1 res? Maybe extra fire resistance?

SiaFu

I think its perk was being Armored (by virtue of being Dwarf) before it was rolled out for all Deathbringers.

Gloweye

I think its perk was being Armored (by virtue of being Dwarf) before it was rolled out for all Deathbringers.

Nope, it wasn’t. The Reanimator used to be armored, but the Deathbringer wasn’t. I’m glad that changed though…

IMHO, they’re fine ATM. They’re still the most sturdy, having that life steal and tireless/total awareness to make better use of their higher Def/Res.

Teehon

Am I the only one who thinks Dwarven Necro units are aesthetically one of the worst?

Wallthing

Dwarf innate +1 def/+1 res on a tireless total awareness melee T3 with life steal is enough imo. It really starts to make a difference when all of that is added up. That one dwarf city in EL campaign map 3 with a crystal tree & dungeon… oh boy. I tried really hard to get some of those death bringers into play before the end but it was too far to the front lines.

Edit: yes, they’re fugly. I try not to think about it much. Stay zoomed out. XD

vota dc

The reanimator has +2 defense instead of just +1, the deathbringer is nothing special but at least is compatible with the last racial governance tier, I think that with the right leader could be a great frostling slayer immune to frost (40% base + 40% + leader).

Gloweye

The reanimator has +2 defense instead of just +1

This is because of the fact that it’s armored – all class units that have only the dwarf version with armor have that +2 instead of +1 defense.

Actually, the Deathbringer doesn’t even have Life Stealing – it’s just benefitting from the Vampiric Hunger Empire Upgrade.

Lucid

Yes – death bringers of all races with crystal tree and dungeon is OP 🙂

Dwarf i feel needs something…… +1 def + 1 res is an inate – frostlings have a good inate that makes the cold immune + they get frost blades.

Dwarven +1 DEF +1 RES is a really, really good innate, especially on the higher tiers of units. And given the amount of armored available in combination with meteoric armor RG, any other bonus for a dwarven unit has to be well-considered.

Maybe expand the dwarven military RG 3 to give inspiring aura to Firstborn and Deathbringers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.