Economy

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Stormwind 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sidra2099

Alright, so after a few days of … sucking at the game, i’m still trying to get a grasp on how to build up a proper economy. High tier units are EXPENSIVE, and it always seems like i’m struggling to get exalted out when the enemy is merrily spamming golems or manticores. Clearly i’m doing something wrong.
    So in the meantime, in the absence of guides, I have some questions –

1) Is it better to found more cities as soon as possible, or is it better to save the money from the time/development and go for more high-cost units?
    2) Is it better to invest in units at the start to clear out the guarded nodes/mines, or put the money into developing your home city?

Ice Age

Expansion is the key for a successful economy, building new cities, capturing new resources etc… Siting down with a single city saving money for a unit will get you no where fast, your opponents will expand, will have much higher income and will outbuild you in the end.

Poodlec

1) Is it better to found more cities as soon as possible, or is it better to save the money from the time/development and go for more high-cost units?

More cities=more income=more units per turn. There is no interest on treasury, so money saved=money wasted. Put your money to work as a buildings or units(don’t be greedy with units, you want positive income) as in any RTS(golden rule, after i start to follow it, my perfomance increased noticeably).

2) Is it better to invest in units at the start to clear out the guarded nodes/mines, or put the money into developing your home city?

Depends on starting conditions, but as i learened so far – you want either production for building t1 units in one turn, or grow town little faster(if your force is suffice for clearing around city) for more income and more one-turn t1 if you plan to going with zerg rush-like tactic.

Nodor

Getting more cities and defending them is the key to success. Incessant City Spam (of defendable targets) is a very powerful strategy.

Aggressively clearing out every mine you can, even the ones outside of your domain, is a good way to boost your economy at the start. A stack of 6 lvl 1 units is cheap enough to do this, and will beat out most default defenders. I recommend 4 melee unite and 2 archers, attack the mines with 3 defenders, to minimise casualties, and steer clear of nymphs etc.

Stormwind

My Russian is rusty, but this post seemed to say something about how to get planks removed from platforms related to Ukraine, in exchange for Rubles. And something about “Rosneft” and brokerage fees? And something about a hotel room in Russia, I don’t know. Also, a thank you shout out to Jill Stein voters. Yeah, I cant really make sense of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.