Enabling RG and MCU in campaigns

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Enabling RG and MCU in campaigns

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ESCL 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ESCL

Hello guys,

Is there any way to enable RGs and/or MCUs in the earlier campaigns, perhaps with the editor or modding? I know it is how it is for balance reasons but I would like to enable it anyway. I don’t care about the challenge all that much anyway and have a really hard time playing without them after they where added. Especially the RGs.

Tombles
    Keymaster

I have a feeling it’s not possible, because we used the same systems we use to lock DLC to lock out the features from the campaign maps, which we obviously barred from being moddable. If you could open the CAM map files and edit them, you would be able to fix it, but for some reason we decided that shouldn’t be possible either and blocked the level editor from working on the campaign (I don’t actually know why this decision was taken, since modding is in the game, it seems a bit of an odd decision.)

Gloweye

If you could open the CAM map files and edit them,

We can, for the vanilla campaigns at least. IIRC, it was enabled to allow us to check on the coding used and stuff. I used it as pretty heavy reference material coding that AoW 1 campaign.

Is it just that one marker “Allow other content”? Or do we need to switch the other parts of the map variables as well? (Empire Quests can be globally disabled…)

Tombles
    Keymaster

Yeah, Allow Other Content is the one. That allows features to be automatically added to the map which were added to the game after the map was made.

ESCL

Great, thank you for the help! That’ll make a big difference for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.