Even more dreadnought nerfs.

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Balance Suggestions Even more dreadnought nerfs.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  llfoso 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Ericridge

I wasn’t kidding. It feels so good to uninstall AOW3 and be done with garbage nerfs for once and all.

Nerfs for issues that isnt’ a issue whatsoever at all. Screw that. I’m done.
    Who cares if people spend gazillion hours on a single gold mine harvesting exp. I dont’ even do that crazy thing.

Engineer is really fragile unit but the repair machine makes it worthwhile to get them to elite if they are lucky to survive. But nah, a couple of PBEM whiners gotta make sure I don’t have that at all. So, I decide to leave.

After all I’m not even having fun anymore so why bother.

When the fix should be directed only at PBEM and not spill over to other modes.

Oh well 1072 hours of fun aint’ bad at all. See ya guys. Maybe I’ll come back in AOW4 if it happens.

Gloweye

Well, sorry to see you go. Hope your return someday.

MartyD81

@ericridge

Well, you can revert some if not most of the recent changes you do not like in the mod editor. I have done so myself and the game is O.K. for me. But I do not really understand why you have decided to quit playing in the first place? Just because of these changes? I do not like it either when changes get made for the sake of changes (or because of some supposedly unsatisfied “whiners”) but the big advantage of the game is that we can customize it to suit our gaming tastes. Try playing around with the modding tools and then make final conclusions with AoWIII.

llfoso

I agree with ericridge that the nerfs were unnecessary, especially to the dread. People can exploit…pbem games are generally between friends aren’t they? I would say honor system is fine for not xp farming. Or a fixed xp per battle system.

Ericridge

@ericridge

Well, you can revert some if not most of the recent changes you do not like in the mod editor. I have done so myself and the game is O.K. for me. But I do not really understand why you have decided to quit playing in the first place? Just because of these changes? I do not like it either when changes get made for the sake of changes (or because of some supposedly unsatisfied “whiners”) but the big advantage of the game is that we can customize it to suit our gaming tastes. Try playing around with the modding tools and then make final conclusions with AoWIII.

I have been repeatedly pushed hard with alot of nerfs but I was pretty patient.

1) Musketeers got nerfed probably for the better but problem is they took a pretty big hit to their shots, -9 damage. Their survivability was nerfed but I”m fine with that and with reload action added.

2) Fire mortar on mandatory cooldown for 1st turn. Play ironclads. I dare you. You’ll see how incredibly annoying that is. This one irritates me so much to the point where I just ram and fire broadside at a small group of three independent frigates that now do little damage to my ironclads instead of none to little. And to make the matters worse, the developers didn’t bother to make move the starting action instead of fire mortar so I have to click on the ironclad then click on the boot icon then move the ironclad to the correct position and then click on fire mortar after doing the forced retreat on 1st turn. Oh and their maintenance costs is now tier 4 instead of 3 which is alright with me. They’re pretty strong.

3) Engineers keep on getting buffed and buffed then they actually became worthwhile to take in armies. But all that good things must come to the end someday and they lost their repair machine. Just because a bunch of losers in PBEM can’t resist exploiting the game like nuts.

4) Dreadnought loses Iron heart and Repair machine for … guardian heart and emergency repair? Lol wut. Iron heart > Guardian Heart by a long shot. Its not even funny. Iron Heart is one of the ways where a Dreadnought can protect himself in a very high level battle where alot of tools is available. And at very least, forces the enemy to spend one unit’s action burning dispel and getting lucky to dispel it on first try instead of being immediately pelted with spells making it vulnerable to daze and other various things.

5) Golems getting nerfed from tier 3 to tier 2. Its just not the same anymore. They can still take hits but I don’t really use golems very much anymore until I can crank them out of cities as elite at base. They are garbage otherwise. They barely just can handle getting hit when below elite. The only real source of damage in my armies is all my ranged units now, whenever I need to prevent a unit from reaching my ranged units I usually have to have my golems swing their blows and they tend to die or nearly die in the process while ruining the paintjob on their targets. AND THAT WAS DONE FOR THE SAKE OF SYMMERTY BALANCE when the major definig point of AOW3 is Ayssemtermical balance. -,- ! //_=

6) Dualwielding prototype rifle dreadnought seems to be back. Needed to check but now I will never know for sure. because duh I ragequit’d aow3.

7) Flame Tanks…. that whole thing where flame breath is now on cooldown for 1st turn made all flame tank armies very annoying to play with like ironclads. Completely pointless nerf. No good reason for it. At least they can ram now which ensures that entire armies of flame tanks won’t die to my hellhound summons anymore. And they got their reinforced trait back. Archers have no business in destroying flame tanks 9 times out of 10 times. They still can get blown up by archers but archers will need beefy back up. And if a flame tank rolls into where a city is mostly defended by archers, yo screwed up not the flame tank. So that’s other good thing done.

8) Juggernaut is cool, I don’t mind 1st turn cd on mortar for juggernaught but honestly, it shouldn’t be even a thing because it will be rolling into battle ready to fire its just not professional otherwise! I don’t mind it, its just too damn annoying on the ironclads because devs didn’t bother to change the fire mortar from being 1st action to be selected to move icon. Its almost like they don’t even play with alot and alot of ironclads at all.

9) Spy drone is only unit that has been untouched so far. But keeping up with current trend, it might be nerfed soon or later with completely unneeded nerfs cuz of pvp whines.

10) You guys know that units used to be able to gain unlimited levels in a single battle? Yeah you could march into a fight with raw recruits only to have them as elites after battle ended. It was so damn cool to see a longswordmen that was thrown in there as cannon fodder only to become elite after battle ended, that usually only happens if the battle was particularly brutal. I believe we lost that because of exploiters too, cant remember been long time ago.

11) Next up on nerfing block, Exp gained for striking at paralyzed units! It might happen or not happen dunno. But is ridiculous. This hurts so many units that rely on incapacitating their enemies and killing them. For starters, Baby Spiders! Sooo lame. http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/about-experience-farming-how-is-experience-gained-exactly/#post-232453

Why is that happening you say? Because of Exploiters! EXPLOITERS! THEY ARE CANCER!
    I care not of what people do on aow3 in their bedroom because it is none of my own business, but when it spills the huge mess into my own bedroom? It becomes my issue too! And so I’m hating on exploiters because they’re ruining my fun in aow3 now and thus it became my issue too. They’re the worst, they take non-issues in the game and turn them into ridiculous issues that must be “fixed”. Why use honor rules? Too hard for exploiters to do apparently.

12) And emergency repair “buff” is really a nerf in disguise because my battles doesn’t last 1-2 turns and my games stretch into turn 100+ mark. in a particularly epic battle, there will be groups of damaged machine that retreat into quiet corner of battlefield to be patched up by elite engineers until they can afford to take few more hits again and reenter the brawl that’s ongoing. Of course, this is dependent on type of foes you’re fighting against.. sorcerer, yikes do not do that. Ripe for chain lightning and other things XD

13) Mods disable achievements on steam.

14) Whatever. Latest round of nerfs was applied for sake of “nerfing”? Thats what it felt like to me. I don’t have to endure the bs. Just like how I quit world of warcraft after they took the seal of command from my high level paladin. Screw that, Seal of command is fun to watch compared to the boredom that is seal of righteous. Blizzard nerfed their way into having one less paying subscription from me…. Triumph Studios made the same mistake. Seal of Command is way more exciting to watch, all nice glow effects, and my avatar does attack animations of spinning and jumping and such things. Seal of Righteous? Pfft, autoattack animations make me fall asleep while pinging the enemy for boring damage. Oh and its not flashy either. Screw that. I left.

15) I can’t get megabattles from the AI anymore so I don’t really care if I leave anyways. I like mobilizing alot of armies and using them all. I went back to .. ugh, civ5. 🙁 At least I don’t have to endure bs nerfs in there. I missed you german civlization!

llfoso

This is the saddest thing to ever happen in this community.

This is the saddest thing to ever happen in this community.

I agree. It’s quite sad that there are individuals that seek attention so desperately because of a minor game change (that can be reversed by choosing the previous version or just modifying the game).

Hopefully uninstalling will allow him to get over such a traumatic experience.

llfoso

Yeah, I just really like ericridge. And nothing else sad has happened.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.