Expanding the website: leader class pages

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Expanding the website: leader class pages

This topic contains 66 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  AwesomeLion 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

vfxrob

@chrysophylax páuperem
    @ihunterkiller

I always though the rogue should have a type of infiltration unit. (not just a spy you would build with terrain concealment)

One way I would see this working
    Have a global ability ‘bribe sleeper’s’, so you cast it on enemy units (success could be if they are a lone unit or tier level) it would be a high cost and you also take on the upkeep of that unit but probably at double the cost.

The perks would be when the enemy moves that unit you would have the vision and also have the ability to activate sleeper in combat, potentially assassinating enemy heroes.

I think no matter what it will be an interesting class!

I’m probably most curious about the warlord class, I mean all the other classes have a lot of cool possibilities, and I know a focus of the warlord would have bonus abilities for combat, but I’m wondering if it also focus on more tactical. Like all archers can now deploy stakes and swordsmen can form shield turtle. I think this class could be either straight forward (strength orientated, might over bright) or could be the most intricate class where you have a more diverse range of strategies of available, this class could really cater for the real masterminds of war, hence warlord. WHO KNOWS!

Like all archers can now deploy stakes and swordsmen can form shield turtle.

I think that if such strategies are implemented then it would be a major waste to limit them to one class. Perhaps if the formations etc didnt have a huge stat change and instead small changes that matter little on their own.

I doubt that such things will even be in game as it needlessly complicates the nice and simply-advanced style of gameplay AoW adopts. However if the devs spend time on coding such advanced tactics then it would be quite resource wasteful to limit them to one class.

All classes could, should and more than likely would use them .. i.e. why cant a magically trained farmboy leading a peasant army tell his guys to stick pointy sticks in the ground?

vfxrob

I doubt that such things will even be in game as it needlessly complicates the nice and simply-advanced style of gameplay AoW adopts.

A good point taken! which brings me back to the question “what will the warlord offer!”

For the other classes ideas of units and their abilities pour in…

The obvious guess for the Warlord would be better fighters than other classes with more battle orientated buffs. But I’m wondering if brute force will be its only focus or or will it have alot of intricate back end for example what will the global abilities be?

I guess because of these questions it makes me the most curious about it!

AwesomeLion

It was mentioned somewhere that the Warlord would get a global ability called “Total War”. No idea what that entails though.

Murcelago

It was mentioned somewhere that the Warlord would get a global ability called “Total War”. No idea what that entails though.

Maybe some huge buff to morale of all units in domain?

I think it increases the scale of tactical battles and makes them real time.

AwesomeLion

I think it increases the scale of tactical battles and makes them real time.

I got the reference =3

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.