Fedora 21, radeonsi, empty black window.

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Linux Specific Fedora 21, radeonsi, empty black window.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vastonsmith 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hexag

Hi,

Thanks so much for this port, purchased a 2nd copy already for network play with the lady!

Running on a fully up-to-date Fedora 21, A10 AMD APU, radeonsi from the repositories.

Mesa dri drivers:
    Version : 10.4.3
    Release : 1.20150124.fc21

Get these two errors after trying to log in (says logon is successful):

0:1(10): error: GLSL 1.40 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

[ERROR]Assertion failed: "false" 
    /home/lascha/Triumph/SourceSteam/Creator/RE/Source/Effects/REEffectCode.cpp(91): (click to open)

Thes run repeatedly until the window closes its self.

Many thanks,

hexag,

Lascha

Hi hexag, thank you very much for helping out.

At the moment there’s some issues with the mesa drivers I have yet to investigate this. I’ll make sure to announce it when I’ve managed to find out more. Equivalent steam post is here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/discussions/5/610575004108695313/

hexag

Thanks for the reply. Next, let’s see if it works with the lady’s Ubuntu 🙂

hexag

Just a thank you for sorting this, got it working today (new patch). Frame rate’s a bit weak, but I’m pretty sure that’s my problem 😉

Expansion purchases (x2) incoming.

jellolag

~To add, I have fglrx under fedora 21 working with AoW3 but stuck in windowed mode at the default resolution of what seems to be 1024×768.

hexag

Pretty sure it only runs windowed (read it somewhere, an issue with the early beta). I’ve had some by manually dragging the window larger, as you would any other desktop window.

vastonsmith

We have new/delete overloaded and use our own pools on Windows, but on Mac & Linux we don’t because apparantly on these operating systems it’s possible for dependency shared libraries to call OUR overloaded new/delete and it messes with our memory management system. Don’t really know much about this, but it’s very inconvenient behavior. So we disabled our own pools on Mac & Linux.

ahsan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.