First post-V1.5 update in Open Beta!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions First post-V1.5 update in Open Beta!

This topic contains 96 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  syntax_vi 7 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Posting this here for more attention!

See News Post: http://ageofwonders.com/first-post-v1-5-update-in-open-beta-on-windows-steam/

IMPORTANT WARNING!

If you use the open beta and play PBEM or multiplayer, ALL PLAYERS IN THE GAME MUST ALSO USE THE OPEN BETA! If you use the open beta in a PBEM game, and the next player doesn’t have it, they will not be able to play! If they’re a steam player this isn’t that big a deal, if they’re a GoG player, then they’re out of the game until we release the patch in the next week or so!

Wintersend

Sad to see the despair nerf but at least Dread Reapers will no longer get their rears handed to them by Shadow Stalkers.

quo

Human Martyr now has Spirit Blast instead of Throw Stones, level ups have been modified to fit. Cost is 15 mana (was 10 mana)

Sweet!

Any chance the Frostling Martyr could get Throw Snowball? Or whatever that ability is that Ice Scapers have? It just seems to fit. Frostlings have a weird overlap between Martyrs/Royal Guards, so it seems like their Theocrat Martyrs could get a slight nudge.

What happens if you’re opted into the beta when the patch is officially released? Does the game update with the changes and revert to being non-beta without your intervention?

What happens if you’re opted into the beta when the patch is officially released? Does the game update with the changes and revert to being non-beta without your intervention?

Presumably the “beta” and official build will be identical at that point but you can opt out of the beta to switch to the official build.

Arlow

wow you amaze me, i thought you all were on a much deserved vacation
    so happy with the expansion

ArcaneSeraph

Any chance the Frostling Martyr could get Throw Snowball? Or whatever that ability is that Ice Scapers have? It just seems to fit. Frostlings have a weird overlap between Martyrs/Royal Guards, so it seems like their Theocrat Martyrs could get a slight nudge.

Interesting. I like it!

SiaFu

Any indication on when this’ll be available on GOG?

So many tweaks and improvements to look forward to…

Tiger’s Eye Ring now grants Invigorate and Mark Blood Sacrifice, instead of Slip Away.

Any chance of other virtually identical items receiving some changes?
    Like Jenica’s Spider Cane (regular > Greater Webbing touch) and Karissa’s Perfume (Dominate, if possible, instead of Seduce)?

Ravenholme

Any indication on when this’ll be available on GOG?

So many tweaks and improvements to look forward to…

Tiger’s Eye Ring now grants Invigorate and Mark Blood Sacrifice, instead of Slip Away.

Any chance of other virtually identical items receiving some changes?<br>
    Like Jenica’s Spider Cane (regular > Greater Webbing touch) and Karissa’s Perfume (Dominate, if possible, instead of Seduce)?

“We’re planning on releasing the patch officially on Steam/GoG next week, if all goes well.”

In the first two paragraphs, before the feature list.

Eomolch

Frostling Raider now has 9 Defense instead of 10.

So sad, they are my favorite swordsman 🙁

Other than that great changes overall. I especially like the way throw sun spear got changed – will give the tigran charioteers the buff they imho utterly needed. Also looking forward to see the concrete changes to the “meditate” buffs.

rozmarxxx

Hy!
    That all sounds great, but the beta patch has, some serious issue, and now the game sais that i don’t have the expansions. 🙁
    Not only the little pictures disappeared from the menu, but I cant make necro frostling hero etc. etc. I reversed the patch but it stayed that way..
    Please help!

GeorgiSR

Why did you nerf the High Elf mounted archer (Again)?

Ravenholme

Why did you nerf the High Elf mounted archer (Again)?

I’m not seeing a nerf, they just fixed the fact that it didn’t have Shoot Longbow

GeorgiSR

I’m not seeing a nerf, they just fixed the fact that it didn’t have Shoot Longbow

I am confused now. Are they firing long or short bow now?

rozmarxxx

Nevermind it’s working now!
    Sorry should have wrote it in the bug section by the way..

I am confused now. Are they firing long or short bow now?

Long.

Sindir

Tigran Sun Guard now has resistance 8 (was 7) and loses defensive strike, melee damage restored to 10.

I´m a bit confused, when did they had defensive strike?

Weltenreiter

Earlier beta stage.

Frostling White Witch losing Inflict Freezing will probably keep her out of mid-to-late game groups for me now. I guess folks found this OP in PvP?

And the Sun Spear nerf wrecks an already overly-squishy unit. Is the idea to just annoy the enemy with a mosquito bite, then run away?

There are so many other great fixes (my goodness you folks have been busy since the expansion launch!), those two just baffle me.

GeorgiSR

Frostling White Witch losing Inflict Freezing will probably keep her out of mid-to-late game groups for me now. I guess folks found this OP in PvP?

And the Sun Spear nerf wrecks an already overly-squishy unit. Is the idea to just annoy the enemy with a mosquito bite, then run away?

There are so many other great fixes (my goodness you folks have been busy since the expansion launch!), those two just baffle me.

Look at the balance thread forum… Tons of posts and ideas

GeorgiSR

•Frostling White Witch now has Inflict Frostbite on Silver Medal and Freezing Touch instead of Infict Freezing on Gold Medal.

Inflict frostbite was it necessary for this unit? And inflict freezing is left only with T1 irregular units?

hilfazer

Dwarf Exalted is missing Defensive Strike.

Akinaba

Why does those Orc units that recieves Throw Javelin have only one Javelin in their right hand in animation when propper Ork Spearmen has another pack of Javelins in theri left hand? This question applies to the Ork Hunter as well. That’s a minor question actually.

Also Halfling Hunter has an impropper Bow Grab in their animation: their left hand appears not to hold the bow propperly and grabs an empty air instead.

GeorgiSR

Dwarf Exalted is missing Defensive Strike.

Actually it doesn’t. That unit has more than enough utilities besides shield is really strong buff

All these goblin upgrades make me so happy~<3

Eomolch

Tigran Sun Guard now has resistance 8 (was 7) and loses defensive strike, melee damage restored to 10.

I´m a bit confused, when did they had defensive strike?

I think they never had xD

Oh , and I thougt the inflict freezing was removed from the Ice Queen, not the White Witch 🙁 Probably deserved that nerf, but still :(( (btw I still wish they would have sticked with their sound from aow II – was my favourite sound along with the one of the Leprechaun 😛

quo

White Witch losing Inflict Freeze on Gold makes a lot of sense. On a Sorceror she would get a Stun proc on top of that. And people already have issues with Sorceror stunlock, imagine it on a unit with two types of locks.

GeorgiSR

White Witch losing Inflict Freeze on Gold makes a lot of sense. On a Sorceror she would get a Stun proc on top of that. And people already have issues with Sorceror stunlock, imagine it on a unit with two types of locks.

Remind me of the Storm Sister and her gold medal perk. Basically She has the same issue.

quo

RE: Tigrans and Defensive Strike, yes they did have it in the previous patch. It took me by complete surprise when one of them did it to me, and I actually lost the fight.

Motasa

I’m truly amazed by your continues effort of diversifying the races. I really like the changes to units that still felt rather bland, especially the T1 animals (Warg, Boar) and Human Civic Guard (yeah, Volunteer :)), Human Longswordsman and High-Elf Swordsman. Glad to see some of the new stuff nerved (i.e. Despair).

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.