First Strike

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions First Strike

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  melkathi 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

melkathi

How does first strike really work?
    I expected it to change the order of attacks. So if I attack and you don’t have first strike, I hit you, you hit me. If I attack and you have first strike, you hit me and then I hit you.
    What I noticed happening though is that a unit with first strike hits the attacker and then gets to retaliate as well?

Hehaw

It basically turns the unit with First Strike into the attacker. IE normal combat, the attacker hits, gets retaliated, hit, retaliate, hit, retaliate. First Strike doesn’t change total number of hits, just the order of hits.

It’s a design decision. But yeah, if a units with fs gets hit 2 twice it will hit the attacker 3 times. It always gets one extra strike after the final attack provided it has enough action points left.

melkathi

Ah well. If it is a concious design decission 🙂 Thought it would have been. It is something that was very unlikely for testers not to notice 😛

Just was very much surprised when my raptors charged some crows at orange range and got hit twice for their one attack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.