For the love of the Wizard Throne

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions For the love of the Wizard Throne

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

alyra

Please do not announce an expansion today! I will actually cry xD

Gloweye

I think we’re pretty safe XD

Tho I heard something about a stripper tycoon game. When mentioned, the Dev’s went scarily silent…..

?

What’s so special about today?

April Fools day … :S

Have I missed something?

alyra

Just that it is April Fools day, seen many of the games I play doing joke posts which is all fine but I frigging love this game, I don’t need teased 😛

I wouldn’t even know what I would want in terms of an expansion because Frostlings was my favourite race prior to Age of Wonders 3!

LordCameron

Tho I heard something about a stripper tycoon game. When mentioned, the Dev’s went scarily silent…..

I already preordered it from the app store. If you order today you can get $200 of microtransactions for the price of $130!

Draxynnic

I already preordered it from the app store. If you order today you can get $200 of microtransactions for the price of $130!

As a tester, I highly recommend getting at least the archon DLC. It’s hilarious.

Gloweye

As a tester, I highly recommend getting at least the archon DLC. It’s hilarious.

I wonder if they’re still going to implement getting the occasional warbreed if you have Ogres from the Ogre DLC…you have a clue? XD

I wonder if they’re still going to implement getting the occasional warbreed if you have Ogres from the Ogre DLC…you have a clue? XD

I think it is one of the stretch goals. Quite a niche (and therefore demanding, but potentially quite rewarding) target audience for Ogres and other giantkin.

LordCameron

So I finally got into beta, and… Necro’s are too good looking. I think they need to be nerfed. Maybe crank up the ghoul filter, and change the Deathbringer from 8 taps to 14.

Gloweye

So I finally got into beta, and… Necro’s are too good looking. I think they need to be nerfed. Maybe crank up the ghoul filter, and change the Deathbringer from 8 taps to 14.

Nah, that’s crap. Deathbringer doesn’t need that. You sure you’re assigning them correctly? You should set them to female/female only so that they increase your worker count. They’re plenty efficiënt. Bouncers are easy to come by, so you don’t need them for that, even tho you can put them there temporarily if you’re in a pinch.

However, do note that this works best in living cities rules by necromancers. They have the largest client pool for, well, the other kind of necro’s.

Also, I don’t think you played long enough yet. Ghoul filter is only the start – pieces start falling off after a time, which causes fetishists to completely overspend, but drives away other clients, unless you put that service in secret only. Use Embalming to slow down the decay, and keep them viable for wider public for longer. I often take the embalmers off them when they’re far, since embalmers aren’t cheap, and once they’ve lost a few parts it doesn’t matter much anyway.

LordCameron

Nah, that’s crap. Deathbringer doesn’t need that. You sure you’re assigning them correctly? You should set them to female/female only so that they increase your worker count. They’re plenty efficiënt. Bouncers are easy to come by, so you don’t need them for that, even tho you can put them there temporarily if you’re in a pinch.

However, do note that this works best in living cities rules by necromancers. They have the largest client pool for, well, the other kind of necro’s.

Also, I don’t think you played long enough yet. Ghoul filter is only the start – pieces start falling off after a time, which causes fetishists to completely overspend, but drives away other clients, unless you put that service in secret only. Use Embalming to slow down the decay, and keep them viable for wider public for longer. I often take the embalmers off them when they’re far, since embalmers aren’t cheap, and once they’ve lost a few parts it doesn’t matter much anyway.

I’ll try it out once my Drac Dancer’s are off cooldown so I can switch them to bouncers. Or once I stop laughing at your brilliance.
    Without saying to much to non Beta testers, what do you think of the always online feature? I think it could use more DRM.

Narvek
    Keymaster

I should ban you all for sharing our secret plans ;D

Draxynnic

Ah, so it’s a good thing I didn’t blurt out that the DRM wasn’t a major priority because the main source of income was going to be from micro… *eyes Narvek hefting the banhammer* …erm, processors! Yes, that’s right! It’s expected that the overwhelming majority of payments will be in the form of electronic fund transfers of one form or another!

phew, dodged a bullet there…

I wonder how long this joke, that started in a bar in Holland, will spread, grow and last.

The scary thing is, I meant it as only half a joke. There is probably room for an actual Stripper Tycoon ™ type game, using fantasy elements and having to judge stripper trauma (varied by host requests and race, so an Elf will find dancing for a Drac more traumatising than an Elf – or maybe not if he or she is kinky etc), utility, potential earning, salaries, competition etc etc.

What I meant to say was, wait until you see the Dark Elves you can unlock (advanced race). Oh…my…God…those outfits are going to cause OUTRAGE!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.